Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
R Code on Narborough Road. Good atmosphere, cracking food. Only drawback is you're likely to run into me or my dad, or both.

The Bradgate, Newtown Linford and Red Cow, LFE

Both just better than average. Nothing special - standard pub grub as normally the case service is sloppy.
The Red Cow is ****ing awful Hazz.... you must be easily pleased.

Ive always found it fairly decent for generic pub food.

for the sake of going less than a mile down into the village to the Oak and the Castle, there is no comparison.

Granted the Cow has average pub food and nothing special.

for the sake of going less than a mile down into the village to the Oak and the Castle, there is no comparison.

Granted the Cow has average pub food and nothing special.

No comparison at all. The Oak is streets ahead of the Cow and the Cow is streets ahead of the Castle.

Agreed it was very nice last night, made the trip to Mkt Harborough worthwhile!
You didn't clear all the different dishes like you did last time though!

Royal Bengal in Harborough - Stepped up the spice a bit last night! Its was lovely.

Babe Blooz across the road tomorrow night...

I currently prefer the Bengal but the service can be incredibly slow if you go in a large group.

Babe Blooz has gone a bit downhill recently in my opinion.

You could always try the Moment of India further down the road but you run the risk of getting caught up in a fight amoungst the staff. It's happened at least twice over the past year or so !

I currently prefer the Bengal but the service can be incredibly slow if you go in a large group.

Babe Blooz has gone a bit downhill recently in my opinion.

You could always try the Moment of India further down the road but you run the risk of getting caught up in a fight amoungst the staff. It's happened at least twice over the past year or so !

Our whole football squad was in there last night and the service was top notch. Very slow last time we went though.

Which is why its permanently shut now with 2 padlocked bolts on the door. The local travellers apparently have tried to crowbar their way in. The place looks like an utter mess.

Blooz was good last night, not nearly spicy enough. I asked the waiter to spice it up a bit and he came out with a plate of green peppers and told me to 'sort myself out'. I thought it was funny and a nice touch.

Overall tho Bengal is the winner

Has anyone been to the Grand Durbar recently? I haven't been for ages (approx 8 years) but always enjoyed the food in there.

Was just curious to know if it still has the good reputation I remember it having.

Last edited:
Which is why its permanently shut now with 2 padlocked bolts on the door. The local travellers apparently have tried to crowbar their way in. The place looks like an utter mess.

Whoops I hadn't noticed.

Has anyone been to the Grand Durbar recently? I haven't been for ages (approx 8 years) but always enjoyed the food in there.

Was just curious to know if it still has the good reputation I remember it having.

It still has the reputation.

Grand Durbar: I go at least 2/3 times a month and get all my takeaways from there. It is very good and we're always made to feel welcome.

went Badgers' Mount in Elmesthorpe

nice enough place and food was ok and reasonably priced

by christ they took their time though and it wasn't even busy. the had the stupidity to put two meals on the table and 5 minutes later while they waited for the other meals, they came and took them back and said they were for someone else

4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Brighton612
4Arsenal612
5Aston Villa512
6Newcastle611
7Chelsea610
8Nottm F610