Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franky & Bennys (Ikea site, Nottingham)

****ing awful. My pizza had a piece of cardboard on it, my daughters egg was snotty on top and took 15 mins for a replacement by which time she'd eaten her meal. Drinks ridiculous (£2.15 for a small coke). Dessert was ok, but pankcakes not warm as described.

1/10 - Simply because they gave my kids a drawing pack on arrival which kept them quiet.

been to a couple of F&Bs they're all shit! 1/10 is generous

been to a couple of F&Bs they're all shit! 1/10 is generous

We only went because me and the mrs went a couple of months back and had a nice meal. It wasn't overly busy either, but the staff all appeared to be fecking brain-dead.

We only went because me and the mrs went a couple of months back and had a nice meal. It wasn't overly busy either, but the staff all appeared to be fecking brain-dead.

I've only ever been cos ive been dragged. birmingham, leeds notts, all the staff are the same. zombies but with less co-ordination and charisma

I've only ever been cos ive been dragged. birmingham, leeds notts, all the staff are the same. zombies but with less co-ordination and charisma

And that feckin celebration song for some ****s birthday. Last time I went there were seven. I swear they were just doing it to piss me off.

Last edited:

We went to the one on the Meridian a few years back and the staff were having an argument amongst themselves. We never did get the main course. We left without paying.

We went to the one on the Meridian a few years back and the staff were having an argument amongst themselves. We never did get the main course. We left without paying.

Maybe it's the image they're trying to promote, as it does appear to be consistant across the brand.:icon_lol:

is there a 'good/bad food guide' for Nottinghamshire?

Probably, I only posted it because of where it was. I guess alot of the poor bastards on here get dragged up to Ikea by their other half.

Anyway you should have gone for the meatballs in the Ikea, or had the 45p hot dog

The 45p hotdog is ok, it's just the £500 you spend on the way around the shop before you get to the cafe :icon_lol:

Cafe Rouge Highcross

Taking into consideration this is your basic franchise shit. Taking into consideration its the festive period and large groups can be found in every restaurant. Taking into account no one is actually French in this establishment. It was absolutely top notch. 9/10 :038:

Also the delightful little welsh waitress was first class. Tidy

We've never been let down by Cafe Rouge, an all round enjoyable restaurant.

We had our Christmas do at the Cow & Plough the other night. I'm not sure whether the food was done by outside caterers but if it was in-house then I'd really consider going back.

Baring in mind there were 80-100 people in attendance, every course was superb.

Off to Las Iguanas tomorrow evening. We've never been so I'll report back on Thursday...

We've never been let down by Cafe Rouge, an all round enjoyable restaurant.

We had our Christmas do at the Cow & Plough the other night. I'm not sure whether the food was done by outside caterers but if it was in-house then I'd really consider going back.

Baring in mind there were 80-100 people in attendance, every course was superb.

Off to Las Iguanas tomorrow evening. We've never been so I'll report back on Thursday...

The Cow and Plough was quality last time I went. Las Iguanas on the other hand was diabolical. Good luck with that one Han.

The Cow and Plough was quality last time I went. Las Iguanas on the other hand was diabolical. Good luck with that one Han.

there are 9 of us going so I'm sure the experience will be fine. Not looking forward to the food too much now!

there are 9 of us going so I'm sure the experience will be fine. Not looking forward to the food too much now!

There was a 20% off voucher doing the rounds a few weeks ago. The extra beer money may make the food a little more bearable.

Had an amazing meal in the Soho one.

Cafe rouge highcross. Enjoyed the escargot and the bavette but the service was a disgrace and the dessert was burnt. 4/10.

We did go back in the other day for breakfast and I have to agree the service was dogshite we waited nearly half an hour. Still we got a 50% off for Jan so we will back again. :icon_lol:

Seriously, we took my brother for his birthday. His suggestion, I didn't mention that anyone I knew had been. We arrived, it was 80% empty but I'd booked to be on the safe side. We waited 10 minutes for someone to set our table whilst others arriving with no reservation were shown to made up tables.

Our starters eventually arrived about 40 mins later and then 10 mins after we'd finished them a different waiter arrived to tell us we should have been advised when we ordered that they had no fries. My bro had ordered a steak sarnie, so had to have dauphinoise potatoes with it :icon_conf I had them too with my bavette and they were really nice tbf. Whilst we were awaiting the desserts we had ordered another round of drinks, within 2 mins of ordering we could see the drinks sat on the bar. After a further 10 mins we enquired if our drinks might e arriving soon, the waitress snapped that they were still being poured. Which was total bollocks as she went straight to the bar and collected them.

They gave the impression they hadn't a clue what they were doing and didn't give a ****. It was however a delight compared to the Indian we went to on NYE with friends. That was so shite it provided the evenings entertainment. I'd never seen an Indian Basil Faulty before. Complete and utter ****s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58