Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to like Dipali in Blaby but it's under new management and prices have been increased, we didn't try the food, a quick look at the menu put us off and we left.

Went to something called Fayre and Square at Heathley Park tonight. Niece's ninth birthday. It was, simply put, a fiasco. The young lass who correctly wrote down our orders appeared to get the blame when no fewer than five meals we didn't order arrived at our table, and my nephew's burger arrived with sauce on it when he asked for - and the lass wrote down - no sauce. Then, when the kids ordered ice cream, they simply forgot one of them, leaving the birthday girl's four year old brother to watch his cousin eat her jelly and ice cream right next to him for ten minutes while he had nowt. Staff were very nice but service was awful.

Oh yeah, the food. It wasn't very good, and the portions were a bit small for what they were charging. Go somewhere else.

Is that the one on Groby Rd? If so, I went there a few years a go and the food was diabolical. 3 steaks I ordered before I got one that wouldn't break the plate. The second one they sent out with the same chips which were stone cold. The rest of the party had all finished by the time I got my food. Needless to say, we refused to pay for my meal and haven't been back since. I'd sooner go to McDonalds (and I hate McDonalds). In fact, I'd sooner eat my own shoes.

That's the one.

Another 2 for £10 place that employ kids in the kitchen and not chefs. I knew a lad that worked in the kitchen at the Gynsills. I asked once if he wanted to be a chef. His response was, "no, it was the only job I could get".

You get what you pay for.

The Bulls Head at Abbott's Oak, turned from a simple drinking pub to a Pub/Restaurant and the food is fantastic, all freshly cooked, they make a point out of the fact they don't do 2-4-10 plastic food and you can tell.

The double handed sandwiches are good value, coupled with a pint of Landlord it's a right treat after a Mtb ride or walk around the area.

went to 'The Case' last night, a good meal at a leisurely pace, if a tad on the pricey side

34 Windsor St, Burbage - Can see what they are trying to do but not quite there yet, could improve in time 6/10 potential to be 9/10.
Windmill, Brascote - Exceptional again 9/10

34 Windsor St, Burbage - Can see what they are trying to do but not quite there yet

well, what is it they're trying to do? A post-modern take on a Wimpy? KFC sans chicken? What kind of shabby ****ing review is this Durham?
You've basically trashed Lazzer's thread, I hope you're happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00