Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had sea bass in the chef's 'special sauce' :)icon_eek:)

Superb though and they put the whole sea bass in too, no shitty fillets. And the meat samosas were marvellous.

I also had the samosas and sea bass last night.The waiters were all ex waiters from other restaurants :icon_lol: Very nice indeed. Cuisine of India Wigston still No1 for me though.

colourworks off braunie gate on the canal - went on a weekday and it was fairly quiet but very nice. cheap pizza, pasta mon-thurs and it is more expensive at the weekends. apparently there is live music on fridays. nice food

colourworks off braunie gate on the canal - went on a weekday and it was fairly quiet but very nice. cheap pizza, pasta mon-thurs and it is more expensive at the weekends. apparently there is live music on fridays. nice food

Looks very nice. May give it a whirl.

The Greyhound at Botcheston....... superb meal and they have different theme every night. Last night was a pie and wine, you choose from about five or six different pies, chips salad etc with a glass of wine £6.50p. Portions were big.....

The Greyhound at Botcheston....... superb meal and they have different theme every night. Last night was a pie and wine, you choose from about five or six different pies, chips salad etc with a glass of wine £6.50p. Portions were big.....

Me and the missus stumbled upon this place when driving around one night, I couldn't believe anywhere would do anything as vile as pie and wine! I think the Gate Hangs Well might do a similar thing

Bakers Arms - Thorpe Langton. Good food, although some delay in bringing out the vegetables meant the rest of the food had gone cold / had already been eaten. Fish was delicious. Puddings to die for. Quite pricey, but it is a restaurant rather than pub grub.

The Tiffin, London Road.

First time I've been in for 3 or 4 years. Decent - not great - trough, but a bit poncey and rather pricey.

What happened to Shimla Pinks on London Road? Never been there but always thought it had decent reviews.Saw it was closed down when I walked by on Saturday.

Was crap and over priced when I went.

Yep. Last time I went two or three years ago one of us had garlic chicken that was pretty much inedible.

I'm pretty sure it went bust - I was told it had started to rely on corporate custom, the standards went to shit, and then that line dried up.

Went to the Case on friday night. It was a good quality meal with a varied menu

tried the White Horse at Desford crossroads at the weekend.

enjoyed the meal, enormous starters which would have been ample for the mains, meant we had no room for deserts:icon_sad:.

a decent pint of Pedigree as well

tried the White Horse at Desford crossroads at the weekend.

enjoyed the meal, enormous starters which would have been ample for the mains, meant we had no room for deserts:icon_sad:.

a decent pint of Pedigree as well

Been there a few times recently, nice if you can get a table in the conservatory part otherwise a bit dark.
Food always good.

Cinnamon Tree (Indian) – Ellistown.

Excellent. Went on Tuesday night and it was one of the best Indians I have had. Well presented, loads of flavour, fairly reasonably priced, excellent service, nice atmosphere and surprisingly busy for a Tuesday. 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669