Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any London TBers I recommend the Clapham Tandoori right next to the Clapham Common tube stop !

The Kew Grill, is excellent. Also for anyone visting Kew gardens or the National Archieve, just around the corner from both.

I went to the Three Cranes in Cransley on Saturday - a pub which used to serve outstanding food.

It doesn't any longer.

It does do outstanding menus - as within it's Chinese New Year menu (surrounded by calendars from all the years bar this one) it renames the restaurant to the "Flee Clanes".

Hmm.

Recent Visits:
Grand Durbar - 8/10 - Usual standard, always the same nice welcome, they know us too well now.
Casa Romana - 8.5/10 - Always a nice meal here, prefer the fish off the specials board.
Passage to India - Anstey - 7/10 - Was ok, nothing special, not as salty as last time which was a relief
Pizza Express - 7/10 - Pretty decent pizza, especially after spending 4 days in Maranello with work a couple of weeks ago.
Yates - 7/10 - Pre-Match meal. Scores higher as you really can't grumble given the price
Soar Point - 6/10 - Chicken Burger was very dry and tight on the toppings inside, it's travesty that they removed the Happy Heifer from the menu.
Wheatsheaf- Woodhouse/Switherland - 9/10 - Always nice to stop here on a cold day for lunch.

We love the Grand Durbar, others think its Meh, i'd have to say it's the best one we've been to in town.

The Red Lion in Stathern 9/10. Been a few times before but not for a few months, still excellent as ever. 3 courses and 2 drinks each for my wife and I and it came to £62, which is very good value for the standard of food. Very much recommended.

Sorely disappointed by Maiyangos service on Valentines Day, we ended up walking out before we'd had our starters.

When my wifes tripadvisor review gets posted i'll link to it.

Sorely disappointed by Maiyangos service on Valentines Day, we ended up walking out before we'd had our starters.

When my wifes tripadvisor review gets posted i'll link to it.

Its normally quite good in there though isnt it? Suppose most places were like that Valentines...

Never, ever go out on Valentine's day.

I arranged a surprise meal for me and the OH, some years back, at Cini, Enderby. It wasn't a total surprise though, as I had to ask him what he wanted off of the overpriced set menu.

When we got there, the restaurant had twice as many tables as it normally holds, so we felt as though we were dining with our neighbours. So much for an intimate, romantic experience.

On top of that, despite saying when I booked that we wanted to be in the no-smoking section (that's how long ago it was), we were seated in the worst part to be in the smoking section, and with nowhere else to move to.

We waited ages for our courses, and when they came, the service was awful. We felt as though we were being rushed. The food wasn't that great either.

It's a shame really. We'd been there a few months before, on a normal night, and had really enjoyed our meal. That's why I booked it for Valentine's. Because of the shitty service, we haven't been back since. We've never celebrated Valentine's either; we don't want to be ripped off and pissed off again.

Cue the comparisons with City season tickets...

Yes we have always been very happy with Maiyango.

Seems like its been sorted by the Owner. We had a phone call tonight apologising and the offer of meals. Nice.

Mrs M and I were suppose to be at a little cottage in Norfolf this week-end celebrating our anniversary - phone call Friday night from the owner put paid to that - the cottage was flooded after a pipe/valve broke or summat. Ended up having a ocuple of drinks in town at the Fat cat then tried Zizzi's on Belvior St and had a very nice meal, service was excellent food was very tasty and I thought reasonably priced. Yes its a chain and a little bright and souless, but I really enjoyed it. 2 x starter, 2 mains, 1 bottle of Scillian Merlot, 1 peroni, 2 coffees and a large cognac - £62.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669