Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with that though, I quite like having the ability to receive transfer news, rumours and updates without having to trawl through sites and search for them. I don't know why people want to shoot someone down for providing a FREE news service.

I think some people on here are a bit annoyed that since Fourth Official was mentioned on here just over a week ago a number of users have started following him and therefore somewhat devaluing these so called club insiders on here because they now get their info on twitter either quicker or at the same time as they find it on this forum.

I don't think any of the people who are now contributing to this forum have ever put themselves forward as being "club insiders". We have had such people here in the past but they are not posting now.

Why are there so many tetchy people on here at the moment? :icon_roll

It's the close season Cate, no proper footie, nothing to do on Saturday, it's nearly the end of June and we have only signed one player. All our other targets are considering their options and may get better offers. It's nearly pre season and we are already ****ed for next season. THATS WHY WE'RE F'ING TETCHY.

:icon_bigg

Leeds United goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is to open contract talks with Leicester City in the next few days according to his agent Tony Lymn...

Leeds United goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel is to open contract talks with Leicester City in the next few days according to his agent Tony Lymn...

Scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop.

Are you Fourth_Official in disguise?? :icon_lol:

My comment was aimed at everyone who took time out to aimlessly abuse someone who is simply trying to offer harmless information to people. I had already read the comments on Twitter before I posted.

I think some people should decide not to read the twitter posts if they do not appreciate it, taking it to the level of actually taking time out to reply and rubbish someone is quite pathetic IMO.

Last edited:
My comment was aimed at everyone who took time out to aimlessly abuse someone who is simply trying to offer harmless information to people. I had already read the comments on Twitter before I posted.

I think some people should decide not to read the twitter posts if they do not appreciate it, taking it to the level of actually taking time out to reply and rubbish someone is quite pathetic IMO.

haven't you just taken time out to rubbish their rubbishing posts?

I quite like having the ability to receive transfer news, rumours and updates without having to trawl through sites and search for them.

Indeed. Far from being complete bollocks, I find twitter to be an excellent source for aggregated news and my primary stop for breaking information across many subjects.

I find that many people who hate social media point to the fact that it's self-serving people spewing menial nonsense, when it can, in fact, be a terrific place to gather news and bring the world closer. The beauty of social media is that you can shape it to conform to your own needs. Don't care if Ben Mee took a shit this morning? Then don't follow him. Simple.

In short, social media is a great tool if you mold it to your needs...and if you don't...well, then you're missing the point.

I think twitter is brilliant.

Good post Miles and I think its best everyone just leaves it there and get the thread back on the actual topic.

All I was trying to do was share a potential update on the saga as it hadnt been mentioned prior to then.

Last edited:
Do you think that twitter twat bloke can confirm some other piece of information that we already know ?

I.e. That Kaspar Schmeichel is feckin average at best

Last edited:
Indeed. Far from being complete bollocks, I find twitter to be an excellent source for aggregated news and my primary stop for breaking information across many subjects.

I find that many people who hate social media point to the fact that it's self-serving people spewing menial nonsense, when it can, in fact, be a terrific place to gather news and bring the world closer. The beauty of social media is that you can shape it to conform to your own needs. Don't care if Ben Mee took a shit this morning? Then don't follow him. Simple.

In short, social media is a great tool if you mold it to your needs...and if you don't...well, then you're missing the point.

I think twitter is brilliant.

Depends whose car he did it in.

Do you think that twitter twat bloke can confirm some other piece of information that we already know ?

I.e. That Kaspar Schmeichel is feckin average at best

My God, I agree with Homer. Wonders never cease. Schmeichel flaps at a hell of a lot of high ball and I don't think he's as good a shot-stopper as Weale.

As my learned new-friend says "average at best".

I suppose some of that is probably tinged with disappointment having been dangled the Shay Given carrot but I believe a vast amount of Schmeichel's career and reputation has been based on his Dad's excellence.

My God, I agree with Homer. Wonders never cease. Schmeichel flaps at a hell of a lot of high ball and I don't think he's as good a shot-stopper as Weale.

As my learned new-friend says "average at best".

I suppose some of that is probably tinged with disappointment having been dangled the Shay Given carrot but I believe a vast amount of Schmeichel's career and reputation has been based on his Dad's excellence.

Fortunately even if he is only average then it means he is a lot better than Weale.

Fortunately even if he is only average then it means he is a lot better than Weale.

Unfortunately I fear you may have to eat those words.

If we don't buy another keeper then I think Weale will force his way back to No 1 over Schmeichel by Christmas. Kasper will be found out by then and we'll have shipped too many points waiting to find out.

Grayson made an interesting comment (which admittedly may be a bit of sour grapes) - "If no bid had come in for Kasper, it would not have changed the position that we were looking for another goalkeeper. It is an area I have always been looking to strengthen because we have to make ourselves better". Hmmm...

I don't know how many games you are able to get to from Cheshire - I do quite a few and Weale as Miles Away suggests isn't average standard in the division. I realise that he has had decent spells but last season he and Ricardo wouldn't have made a decent keeper between them even if we had been able to play them both in goal.

I wouldn't know whether Schmeichal will actually sign for us but the tome of Grayson's comment suggests that he has been seriously p-ssed off - rather than giving us an objective view - no doubt he has an audience to please in terms of that nice Ken Bates and the Leeds fans who are famous for their generousity of spirit - not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669