Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many games you are able to get to from Cheshire - I do quite a few and Weale as Miles Away suggests isn't average standard in the division. I realise that he has had decent spells but last season he and Ricardo wouldn't have made a decent keeper between them even if we had been able to play them both in goal.

I wouldn't know whether Schmeichal will actually sign for us but the tome of Grayson's comment suggests that he has been seriously p-ssed off - rather than giving us an objective view - no doubt he has an audience to please in terms of that nice Ken Bates and the Leeds fans who are famous for their generousity of spirit - not.

We get to most games Miles.

I agree with what you're saying to an extent - I guess my point is that I don't think Schmeichel is the improvement we're after.

I couldn't confidently say which of Schmeichel and Weale is the better keeper at the moment. I do think Schmeichel has pottential though.

What a bunch of mardy bleeders you lot are.

Schmeichel has worked under Sven twice before. If you trust his judgement, the fact that he wants to work with him for a third time should be sufficient. I've always thought that he was a good keeper. He's used to playing in front of shite defences though. His distribution is outstanding too and this is a biggy for Sven.

If he joins, he will be the best keeper we've had for years.

Schmeichel is quite obviously capable of the odd clanger but he is also more than capable of making great saves. I have never had the impression that Weale is a match winner but with Schmeichel I think that is the case. If he can become more consistent I think he could be a very good keeper. That's a big If though!

too many of our targets are been public early so they falling through. I thinkj he wont join us, someone like west ham will step in. West ham I hate right now as they seem to be deliberatly picking targets of other clubs.

too many of our targets are been public early so they falling through. I thinkj he wont join us, someone like west ham will step in. West ham I hate right now as they seem to be deliberatly picking targets of other clubs.

The joys of being a newly relegated, media darling of a team. I've hated them since year dot and I'm glad they're in the muck...I'll be even happier if they stay here.

What a bunch of mardy bleeders you lot are.

Schmeichel has worked under Sven twice before. If you trust his judgement, the fact that he wants to work with him for a third time should be sufficient. I've always thought that he was a good keeper. He's used to playing in front of shite defences though. His distribution is outstanding too and this is a biggy for Sven.

If he joins, he will be the best keeper we've had for years.
He can play in midfield too?

He's used to playing in front of shite defences though. His distribution is outstanding too and this is a biggy for Sven.If he joins, he will be the best keeper we've had for years.
I

I have seen him enough times with my own eyes to have my own judgement. I remember watching him two years ago for Notts County against Burton. County had the divisions best defence. He was beaten at his front post, punched shots straight at him and generally acted really cocky. Add to this a mental breakdown during Leeds' run-in making mistakes left, right and central. Is he worth a million? Never.

Do I trust Sven's judgement? Not really, he signed plenty of dud's at Man City (expensive ones too - Bianchi?) and claimed Bruma was the best defender at the club tailend of last season. That's not saying he's a bad manager or poor judge of player. Micky, you joke about Weale but he's won us points away from home as much as he's lost em. Doncaster away and Sheffield United away on Tuesday night two examples.

Last edited:
Goalkeepers as it stands is probably the hardest position to fill these days,if you look at all the keepers in the football league and premiership there are really no stand out keepers.

Goalkeepers as it stands is probably the hardest position to fill these days,if you look at all the keepers in the football league and premiership there are really no stand out keepers.

Rot. I know he has retired now but are you suggesting Van Der Saar wasn't 'stand out'? Brad Freidal is still a good keeper too and what about Pepe Reina?

Last edited:
I trust Nottingham fox insider of the year over that fourth official twat anyday. He broke the pearson to burnley story remember

Without wishing him to malign him further, did he not also claim that Dowie was at the Walkers, ready to sign a contract as our next manager? (Apologies if he did not, but I am sure someone did)

The goalkeeping position cost us at least 10 points last season and nobody will convince me otherwise.

I simply refuse to believe anyone we sign can be as bad as what we had last year.

If we're banging in plenty of goals at the other end then Kasper dshould be sufficient enough. I doubt he's the answer for a Premier League side though so we'll be on the lookout again next year IF we go up.

The moment he flaps at a cross (which he will, because he does) the mongie chorus of 'Weeeeeale, Weeeeale' will be deafening. Can't wait.

I

I have seen him enough times with my own eyes to have my own judgement. I remember watching him two years ago for Notts County against Burton. County had the divisions best defence. He was beaten at his front post, punched shots straight at him and generally acted really cocky. Add to this a mental breakdown during Leeds' run-in making mistakes left, right and central. Is he worth a million? Never.

Do I trust Sven's judgement? Not really, he signed plenty of dud's at Man City (expensive ones too - Bianchi?) and claimed Bruma was the best defender at the club tailend of last season. That's not saying he's a bad manager or poor judge of player. Micky, you joke about Weale but he's won us points away from home as much as he's lost em. Doncaster away and Sheffield United away on Tuesday night two examples.

Totally agree about Weale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670