Leicester 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't remember Weale having to make a save. Just that Boyd header off of a corner.

There were 2 shots straight at him in the second half which he ,rather worryingly, spooned up instead of catching or turning around the post.Luckily we got away with it.

There were 2 shots straight at him in the second half which he ,rather worryingly, spooned up instead of catching or turning around the post.Luckily we got away with it.

Well that was at the other end, I can't be expected to see that far;)

Incidentally. Those fans singing "let him die," "cheerio" and booing off the Boro player who was quite clearly badly injured are complete idiots.

We had 2 goals disallowed (the first one was very debatable from where I was sitting), hit the bar, DJ missed an open goal, their keeper made a great save to tip a free-kick over the bar and another one to push Howard's shot wide.

What more do you want?

A goal or to outplay, three or four. Boro made our goalie work just as much. The offside goals aren't worth of mentioning, it means a delayed pass or good defensive work by the opposition. Their goalie had two saves to make.

Walking from the ground, overheard an utter cock say, "I can't believe we were THAT bad!".

Judging from some of the comments on here, I guess he may be a TB contributor....

I thought it was all a bit shitty.

A better team would have exploited our lack of defensive shape in the first half. Berner 'got away' with marking two players all half.

Some nice passing movements at times but it was all a bit artificial really. Didn't get the impression that anyone really knew what they were supposed to be doing.

The enigma that is Howard. If we're going to play one up front, he has to have a presence. Howard gives us that but precious little else.

Dyer fluffed about a lot but delivered nothing of value. Campbell blew hot and cold.

The new player at the back, Moreno, looked okay but wasn't really tested. Nobody was bad but then nobody stood out either. Weale made his customery flap and got away with it.

For the amount Strachen has spent, he'll be very unhappy with his team.

If we're going to match up to last season, or even improve on it, we're some way off at the moment. All in all, a bit of a nothing match.

I've tried reading that using the voice of Marvin the Paranoid Android - very apt.

Incidentally. Those fans singing "let him die," "cheerio" and booing off the Boro player who was quite clearly badly injured are complete idiots.

The Fosse Boys?

I sit about 6-7 rows in front of them and thought they certainly added to the atmosphere and despite my worries about them, I have no complaints about them. But what you said about booing the Boro player was rather idiotic.

A really good performance by the lads...and the best thing about it we are going to get better.

Amazed they were pre-season favourites..they looked ordinary and never looked like scoring.

We had 10 shots on goal..any other day we could have had 3 or 4goals.

Encouraging stuff from my perspective.

If we play like that every game I think we'll be alright. We controlled large portions of the game and created some good chances. On another day we would have won comfortably. It was a much better performance than I had anticipated and Campbell looks a completely different player.

The formation showed signs of gelling and I think Sousa is slowly finding a system in which he can get his best players on the pitch together.

A note on Boro...they looked very average to me, long ball merchants and not the clever kind...the lumping it forward kind.

Is he? As far as I can tell from that ankle, his upper body is ahead of the last man. Its not conclusive either way

His ankle is definitely onside... :icon_wink

I still think Wheater on King's left hand side is playing him on when the ball is passed...

Heyho, doesn't matter now anyway... well played lads! :038:

29 seconds... clearly onside

29.5 seconds... the ball is played but by that time he'd just run offside...

That's what I thought too.

Snigger.

Average nothing more, nothing less. The failure to create a clear cut chance rather telling. Despite the pressure and a couple of close shaves, McManus and Wheather looked untroubled.

Something to work on but we look short of real quality in the final third. A couple of players signed sensibly should be adequate.

Always said Boyds a lump; his record in Europe and against Celtic is woeful.

It must be difficult for those who were not there when serious posters like Profondo and Hazzman (we are not talking Jas123 or Mawsley) see such different games. I would not go so far as Profondo with his 4-0 but I thought we were clearly the better team and with the run of the ball we might have won 2-0. We did create clear cut chances but were denied by a superb save in the 1st half and by an offside that must have been close) when King (I think) netted.

The way that Neilson and Campbell are playing it is like signing two new players. Moreno looked class.

Lamey was only on for a short time but I was interested in the way he runs. He seems to me to run with the natural ease of a really gifted athlete. I am not an expert in athletics and I would be interested in the opinion of someone who is.

we are not talking Jas123 or Mawsley

You really seem to be carrying a grudge against Mawsley David, can't be healthy.
Grouping him with jas123 does seem utterly preposterous though, I have to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670