Leicester 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were the better team, as well. I expected more from Boro, but apart from the shot that Weale saved near the end I don't think they threatened to score.

I thought the formation didn't work very well though. We played 4-5-1 with Campbell on the left and dyer on the right. Campbell kept moving in towards goal and Dyer moved in to use his keft foot so we were constantly playing with 5 in central midfield and no wingers. This is why the Boro right winger had so much space and our players had no out ball and had to keep playing along the back 4.

Sorry Gwilliam, it just wouldn't work out between us. It's not you, it's me.

And by that I mean it's you.

Thought we were delightfully pleasing on the eye today, one of the best 0-0 draws I seen in a long while.

Our building from the back and movement was a joy and, like any side, we struggled to find a way through a box often packed with 10 of their players.

Boro came with the most unimaginative of gameplans and went home with the rewards of their ambition. Feeble tactics from Strachan if they hold any serious intent on the title.

I was delighted to see Hobbs looking like his old self and felt compelled to clap Nielsen off.

We lack a spark in midfield when attacking and could do with something other than Fryatt as an attacking option - but it left me really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Lolz 'r' us

I thought we were the better team but unfortunately Boro got what they were looking for. I agree with a fair bit of what has been said but think Moreno looked unsure when marking players, clearly a midfielder playing in defence (I hope). There were a few occasions when Hobbs had to rescue us because of this. The way we played was much more positive than games I saw last season and hopefully we'll get rewards for our approach.

I thought we were the better team but unfortunately Boro got what they were looking for. I agree with a fair bit of what has been said but think Moreno looked unsure when marking players, clearly a midfielder playing in defence (I hope). There were a few occasions when Hobbs had to rescue us because of this. The way we played was much more positive than games I saw last season and hopefully we'll get rewards for our approach.

But the defence as a whole, and Moreno in particular, really improved as the game went on. I thought their communication was excellent today so when one of the two moved forward either Moreno or Hobbs dropped back to cover - and it worked well.

But the defence as a whole, and Moreno in particular, really improved as the game went on. I thought their communication was excellent today so when one of the two moved forward either Moreno or Hobbs dropped back to cover - and it worked well.

That is one thing which I like Moreno. A team player with pats on the back etc.

As for the ref, the pull on Howard in injury time was a woeful decision as was his decision to give him a yellow card when his view on the incident was blocked.

You really seem to be carrying a grudge against Mawsley David, can't be healthy.
Grouping him with jas123 does seem utterly preposterous though, I have to say.

You were right to spot that the main purpose of that sentence was to get in the dig at Mawsley.

As Mawsley will probably realise my dig was a response to the Marlon King thread post 22 when a quote of mine on a serious matter was altered in a particularly crass way. I regard being fired at as part of the forum but reserve the right to fire back. As Churchill said "No quarter asked; no quarter given."
My one regret is about Jas123 who has done nothing to cause me to have had a go at him.

Having got my "shot" in I will say that once one gets past Mawsley's bizarre post 63 on this thread then his post 64 is very intersting. Of course he will never admit how pleased he will be at reading that.

Drummin wonders which category I would put him in. Along with all the regulars I hold him in high and unconditional regard.

The point I was making about Profondo and Hazzman seeing completely different games does genuinely interest me.

I hope this isnt a repeat of the kelly days, many 0-0s at home doing everything but scoring.

You can not seriously compare the performance today to anything we witnessed under that dimwitted buffoon and his smashing bunch of lads. Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669