Leicester 0 - 0 Middlesbrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can not seriously compare the performance today to anything we witnessed under that dimwitted buffoon and his smashing bunch of lads. Seriously?

we are, where we are

Simple truth. We will play worse than that and win this season and we will also play better and lose.

I was disappointed not to have taken all three points but I'm also encouraged that we are going forward and making progress.

As Churchill said "No quarter asked; no quarter given."

I'd never seen that quote in a footballing context before. So what you're saying is, Churchill was actually talking about half-time oranges?

I thought we should of won today by a country mile!!! That DJ diving header was a sitter!!! Well at least we didn't lose!!!

Enjoyable game, shame we didn't manage to score a few, (well ones that would be allowed) especially in the first half.

I really wanted to dislike DJ but I couldn't fault his effort. Fryatt looked like he'd lost his nerve since his injury. Lamey seemed calm & confident and I have high hopes for him.

I really didn't want to be petty but DJ's presence on the pitch (especially at the expense of Fryatt) really brought down my enjoyment of the game.

Heard lots of fans on the radio on the way back praising the passing style, personally I saw little difference and found large stretches of the game to be dull. The amount of corners with no real threat was frustrating. But I was pleased with the performances of Hobbs (the turnaround from Tuesday is amazing), Moreno, Oakley, Wellens, King & Bruno. Dyer didn't look that fit to me, or at least he wasn't sprinting for the ball with his trademark pace like we're used to.

I really didn't want to be petty but DJ's presence on the pitch (especially at the expense of Fryatt) really brought down my enjoyment of the game.

Heard lots of fans on the radio on the way back praising the passing style, personally I saw little difference and found large stretches of the game to be dull. The amount of corners with no real threat was frustrating. But I was pleased with the performances of Hobbs (the turnaround from Tuesday is amazing), Moreno, Oakley, Wellens, King & Bruno. Dyer didn't look that fit to me, or at least he wasn't sprinting for the ball with his trademark pace like we're used to.

I am amazed you did not see a difference...For large parts of last season the ball was hoofed up field.

If you cannot see what he is trying to do then you must be blind...i think something is good is happening at the club..but negative fans like you makes me wonder if he can ever achieve his goal.

It appears to me you want the guy to fail...before he has even been given a chance.

So, which way did you vote in the 'Pendant' thread then drummin?
I wasn't being pedantic. I was pointing out that the many ! he used made him sound very excited. My final ! wasn't some kind of correction and wasn't influenced by grammatical standards.

Last edited:
I am amazed you did not see a difference...For large parts of last season the ball was hoofed up field.

If you cannot see what he is trying to do then you must be blind...i think something is good is happening at the club..but negative fans like you makes me wonder if he can ever achieve his goal.

It appears to me you want the guy to fail...before he has even been given a chance.

Tbf, I enjoyed yesterday, but I tend to agree. Pearson's long ball game was overplayed and perhaps has been distorted by some people's negative feelings towards him on him leaving. We could knock it about quite well when we wanted to - just as we did in small patches yesterday.

And we did play almost as much long ball yesterday. Neilson regularly punted long through balls forward and a lot of the passing ended up with us passing it back to Weale who then played a long ball forward.

Not saying it's anything bad, don't mind direct football if it's effective myself.

Tbf, I enjoyed yesterday, but I tend to agree. Pearson's long ball game was overplayed and perhaps has been distorted by some people's negative feelings towards him on him leaving. We could knock it about quite well when we wanted to - just as we did in small patches yesterday.

And we did play almost as much long ball yesterday. Neilson regularly punted long through balls forward and a lot of the passing ended up with us passing it back to Weale who then played a long ball forward.

Not saying it's anything bad, don't mind direct football if it's effective myself.

Totally agree. We weren't an 100% hoofball team under Pearson and we weren't an 100% pasing team yesterday. For all Pearson's critics we beat Middlesborough comfortably last season.

We beat Middlesbrough comfortably when they had nothing to play for etc.

Though Super Yann did score, and what a goal too *sighs*

A matter of such triviality that I hesitate to bring it up. Under Pearson when substitutes warmed up they ran toward the Kop. Under Sousa they run away from the Kop. This is clearly policy since at the Macclesfield game one or two started to run toward the Kop and Sousa stopped them.
As someone who routinely ignores the profound in favour of trifles I wonder why.

We beat Middlesbrough comfortably when they had nothing to play for etc.

Though Super Yann did score, and what a goal too *sighs*

Different universe. Both ourselves and Boro are going to improve over the season, but for us it's all thaied up in the money available to strengthen.

Both Robbie and Bruno put in a decent shift yesterday and Hobbsy looks to have regained his confidence somewhat. But that's still looking a slow back four, especially if they're expected to go forward more than last year.

A matter of such triviality that I hesitate to bring it up. Under Pearson when substitutes warmed up they ran toward the Kop. Under Sousa they run away from the Kop. This is clearly policy since at the Macclesfield game one or two started to run toward the Kop and Sousa stopped them.
As someone who routinely ignores the profound in favour of trifles I wonder why.
Glad I'm not the only sad bastard who noticed this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670