Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 1

I know they are good, but a league 2 side would’ve created more. ****ing crap. I think I am destined to go to heaven because this Brendan Rodgers shite is purgatory for sure.

nothing new today. We’re toothless without Madders, we were negative, we’re in a relegation scrap, we don’t compete against the big four. And yes Ward isn’t good enough,

We all knew that before today. No point getting angry again about it, it’s the next few games which will define our season.

And yes that might sound defeatist, but it’s where we’re at right now and it isn’t going to change overnight.

But those two wins against Villa and Spurs were so crucial to avoid us being bottom by March. We’ve “got away” with the last two games as a result and not much closer to the bottom three than we were two weeks ago

With Maddison out we should have started with Tielemans to add some creativity but Rodgers seems to be preparing for life without Youri.

I wasn't expecting any points from the game but my god it was a shit game of football from both teams, Arsenal played out the last 25 minutes with theatrical time wasting and got the job done, move on.

Surprised at the sense of almost positivity on here

It was a gutless, spineless cowardly wet blanket performance of the highest order.

Apart from the last 15 mins or so, we deliberately chose to concede over half of the pitch without any press or challenge and, once again we deliberately chose to put every single man in the six yard box when defending corners - they had three or four players standing unmarked at the edge of the box every time and we had no out ball at all. It was a miracle we only conceded one goal. Gutless. Spineless. Cowardly

We started to press a short while after Vardy and Tielemans came on, and they shat themselves a bit, but then we brought the ****ing hopeless Soumare and Daka on and the game died on its arse.

Still can’t quite believe we started the game with Dennis Praet, or left it so ****ing long to hook the genuinely awful Tete off the pitch. Sweet baby Jebus, he is ****ing shite.

Not that I believe much in this stuff, but an XG of 0.01 in any home game is reason to sack the **** in its own right

Cold. Miserable. Shit.

It was a gutless, spineless cowardly wet blanket performance of the highest order.

Apart from the last 15 mins or so, we deliberately chose to concede over half of the pitch without any press or challenge and, once again we deliberately chose to put every single man in the six yard box when defending corners - they had three or four players standing unmarked at the edge of the box every time and we had no out ball at all. It was a miracle we only conceded one goal. Gutless. Spineless. Cowardly

We started to press a short while after Vardy and Tielemans came on, and they shat themselves a bit, but then we brought the ****ing hopeless Soumare and Daka on and the game died on its arse.

Still can’t quite believe we started the game with Dennis Praet, or left it so ****ing long to hook the genuinely awful Tete off the pitch. Sweet baby Jebus, he is ****ing shite.

Not that I believe much in this stuff, but an XG of 0.01 in any home game is reason to sack the **** in its own right

Cold. Miserable. Shit.
This. All of this.

It was a pathetic home display.

He just plans not to lose. The antithesis of what kept us up in 14/15 and won us the league in 15/16.

Problem with his strategy is that when the other side eventually does score no one knows what to do.

He needs to be replaced. He has needed to be replaced for over a year.

It’s hard to emphasise how little threat we posed today. It’s actually pretty embarrassing to be honest.

Special mentions to Tete and Barnes who were utterly clueless throughout. Tete was just plain shit but Barnes was ****ing petrified of making a mistake or taking any risks whatsoever. The whole team looked scared, tired, disinterested and beaten from the word go against, let’s face it, a bang average side.

Complete and utter shit, all over the pitch.

Not taken long for Rodgers to turn our new signings into defensive, low confidence wankers had it.

How many more times are we allowing this fraud to destroy our confidence?

He just plans not to lose. The antithesis of what kept us up in 14/15 and won us the league in 15/16.

Problem with his strategy is that when the other side eventually does score no one knows what to do.

He needs to be replaced. He has needed to be replaced for over a year.
Agree. This is frustrating/annoying in equal measure as this group does have the ability to cause problems if they play with more freedom/attacking intent. Confidence is also a big factor.

What happened to wingers actually taking on the full back a couple of times today Tete and Barnes were one v one but chose to pass backwards, despite being In the opposition 3rd, the fear of losing the ball is destroying any attacking intent, we rolled over and let Arsenal win without any fight.
I have no idea what Leicester are trying to achieve as a club it's all pointless at the moment

Cold. Miserable. Shit.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to write that. Absolutely 100 percent accurate. I was there unfortunately and after reading every post up to this point I thought I must have fallen asleep.

We rolled over for them. I ****ing hate that.

Not that I believe much in this stuff, but an XG of 0.01 in any home game is reason to sack the **** in its own right.

So let me just get this straight. You are going to use a stat that you admit you don't believe in much as an exhibit in your case against our manager? I'm glad you're not my lawyer.

What were we all expecting, seriously?

No Maddison and a team fairly low on confidence playing a team vying for the title.

The performance was secondary to the result. Although I hate to say it - a 0-1 reverse in the circumstances was not the end of the world and confidence is still (semi) intact.

Before someone also points out the result at Man United, that can at least be justified (as a result) by poor finishing from us, a world class goalkeeping display from them and Rashford being bang on form.

Not to mention a referee on Man United’s pocket.

If we play half as well as we did against Spurs and the first half at Old Trafford, Southampton will be brushed aside.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563