Post Match Leicester 0 Arsenal 1

What were we all expecting, seriously?
Even if we were a League One club, I’d expect us to at least try and lay a glove on them and have more than one shot.

Everyone using no Maddison as an excuse for that gutless performance is delusional.

Even if we were a League One club, I’d expect us to at least try and lay a glove on them and have more than one shot.

Everyone using no Maddison as an excuse for that gutless performance is delusional.
Yeah. Having our most creative player out made no difference whatsoever.

Look, we were rubbish for the most part but if you don't think a large chunk of the reason for that was the loss of Maddison then you are being deliberately obtuse.

It was a pretty poor performance. I obviously wasn’t there but I’d imagine the mood and atmosphere was probably quite, quite shit, I’m guessing the Arsenal fans had the run of the place.

It was a pretty poor performance. I obviously wasn’t there but I’d imagine the mood and atmosphere was probably quite, quite shit, I’m guessing the Arsenal fans had the run of the place.
At the end of the game , there was booing but that turned into jeers aimed at the ref
He was very poor and fell for every trick in the book .
His performance should be looked into , but probably won’t.

Second half was just a horrible game to watch

It might have been the most silent the KP has been.

Apparently there was a protest from the noisy kids in the SK1 corner because the club have been acting like prize pricks with them - basically undermining their attempts to generate some atmosphere.

The silent protest alongside the total lack of on field entertainment made it all pretty poor.

It was like a training game and their fans didn’t even make that much noise.

In the top ten shittest games I’ve been to, for sure. We didn’t even look remotely like maybe, possibly putting them under pressure, let alone create a chance. A goal from nothing before most people were back in their seats, think it was Tete who bottled a tackle. **** me he was shit.

Then the shameless time wasting started. With our pathetic good boys just apologising and trying to help them up when they started cheating. The ref was a passenger, clearly not wanting to upset Arteta.

I can 100% take losing to Arsenal but we didn’t show up at all yesterday. It really wasn’t good enough on any level.

Yeah. Having our most creative player out made no difference whatsoever.
That’s not what I said though is it?

I can draw it out with big crayons for you if you want, or whatever your usual insult is.

think it was Tete who bottled a tackle. **** me he was shit.

There was a private bottling contest between Tete and Barnes to see who could hide the best. Barnes is a master at looking like he's going into a challenge without actually doing so. Tete appears to be very similar.

Two total fair weather players we've got there. When the going gets tough, they feck off.

There was a private bottling contest between Tete and Barnes to see who could hide the best. Barnes is a master at looking like he's going into a challenge without actually doing so. Tete appears to be very similar.

Two total fair weather players we've got there. When the going gets tough, they feck off.
And the best part is, they’re guaranteed starters because we decided to ship Perez and Albrighton out.

I would rather start with Tete and Barnes than Perez and Albrighton personally.

What is very frustrating is that we really never laid a glove on them and that isn't like LCFC, or shouldn't be.

I found the atmosphere for the Newcastle game absolutely grim. If it was worse than that, I’m not sure I’d be able to stomach going.

And the best part is, they’re guaranteed starters because we decided to ship Perez and Albrighton out.

I would rather start with Tete and Barnes than Perez and Albrighton personally.

What is very frustrating is that we really never laid a glove on them and that isn't like LCFC, or shouldn't be.
I don’t want to speak for City Fan here, but I take his point to be that there isn’t a threat to their positions now. I would rather start with Barnes and Tete too, (as may CF), but without the threat of losing your place, it’s easy to coast through a game.

I found the atmosphere for the Newcastle game absolutely grim. If it was worse than that, I’m not sure I’d be able to stomach going.
It was far worse.

Our fans are really very special

That’s not what I said though is it?

I can draw it out with big crayons for you if you want, or whatever your usual insult is.
You could do. I'm guessing you'd only need the brown though?

Just look forward to us losing at Blackburn so you can tell us all how you predicted that when you were a foetus.

The worst part about yesterday's performance was the complete inability for us to adapt to anything.

We wanted to play in one way and when that wasn't proving fruitful in terms of creating chances, we had no idea whatsoever how to adapt to circumstance.

Barnes and Tete were constantly looking to pass the ball into the middle where Maddison usually is but because there was no option for this, mainly because Praet and KDH were completely useless, it all fell down. Neither of them wanted to try anything different; they just kept looking for the invisible man. The question should be why? For me, it smacks of a poor coaching routine. There seems to be no individuality, no flair and no risk taking. They all look petrified to make a mistake, no more so than the two wingers yesterday. The reason we looked better with Vardy and Tielemans on is because they, at least, tried to make things happen by doing their own thing and taking risks.

Without Maddison, nobody is brave enough to be creative. When he's on the pitch and is doing his thing, others aren't as afraid to make errors or to take some responsibility. He seems to have a calming effect on those around him. Again, this has to be down to the way they are coached.

No one should be happy about how we played yesterday but I am pleased with how we defended for the most part. We just need to stop being so ****ing scared to make mistakes or to show some flair. Barnes is absolutely at his best when he feels the freedom to do, essentially, what he wants. Tete strikes me as that kind of player as well. For that to be so, they need defenders who will help them out and take that worry of to having to attack with caution away. Castagne has not been great at doing this of late although I think Kristiansen has done fairly well.

I get all the panic about us 'risking' players in the FA Cup but we must, must find a way to allow them to play with flair and creativity and this is a great opportunity for us to do this. We must try to create a sense of confidence and some momentum. We've seen what happens when losing becomes a habit. It perpetuates. We must do everything we can to create a winning mentality, especially after yesterday which was probably the worst we have player all season in terms of actively trying to win a game.

Our players haven’t learned how to win a challenge for a header.

What you do is let your opponent go up for the ball and just before he heads it you barge into him or push him in the back so he misses it completely.

Then you get the ball while your opponent looks desperately at the referee. Simple.

As evidenced numerous times yesterday and in every game these days.

Barnes and Tete were constantly looking to pass the ball into the middle where Maddison usually is but because there was no option for this, mainly because Praet and KDH were completely useless, it all fell down. Neither of them wanted to try anything different; they just kept looking for the invisible man

Barnes did try something different on one occasion. It was our best attack of the match, when his cross was inches away from giving Tete a tap-in. He didn't do it again.

Last edited:
Barnes did try something different on one occasion. It was our best attack of the match, when his cross was inches away giving Tete a tap-in. He didn't do it again.
Yep. The only time he tried to do something creative and it nearly worked. We must encourage this.

Barnes did try something different on one occasion. It was our best attack of the match, when his cross was inches away giving Tete a tap-in. He didn't do it again.
And if tete-a-tete had gone in with his right leg instead of his favoured left he probably could have scored.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563