Post Match Leicester 0 Aston Villa 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We deserved a point and did ok in the circumstances IMO and we're done by a 50/50 punt. We are missing 4 or 5 who would normally be in the first 11. Vardy won't be in for the euro game, IMO we should be playing Perez and Nacho as a front two there. Fkin stop playing Perez out wide.

So we’ve left ourselves short of the following:

Ricardo
Soyuncu
Ndidi
Vardy
Amartey

4 of those are arguably the best in their position in the entire league.

This rash of injuries, combined with the changes of the back room staff over the summer is a bit worrying.

So the ****ing idiot took Mendy off and out that hopeless twat on in his place

What a truly ****ing stupid decision that was

Prick

Mendy taken off to add more energy?

Is this bloke on drugs?

3 months out for Soyuncu?! FFS!

Thank **** we got Fofana in but ****ing hell, we are properly crocked at the minute aren't we.

It's either terrible luck or we need something fixing in the medical/fitness team

Does anyone know when Fofana is supposed to be picking up a bad injury?

I assume he's down for November.

Thank **** we got Fofana in but ****ing hell, we are properly crocked at the minute aren't we.

It's either terrible luck or we need something fixing in the medical/fitness team
Yet we’ve just let Benkovic go out on loan. Baffling.

Soyuncu did it in training with Turkey. Same injury as Ndidi - the muscle has come away from the bone.

BR:

"Didn't deserve that, we were better than them first half"

"Second half, basketball and we didn't want that but disappointing finish"

For the goal "for some reason we tried to press and the positioning wasn't so good so we can learn from that"

"Mendy was fine and the change was to add more energy"

"Couldn't find the quality to make the difference"

On Fofana "He was outstanding, he's got huge potential with his anticipation and jumping and was composed on the ball"

"Vardy will miss EL match but hopes to be available for Arsenal"

"Soyuncu serious and will be about 3 months out"
Go home Brendan, you’re drunk.

I’m not sure any side can properly compete missing that many first team players.

our full strength side is one of the best in England:

Kasper

Ricardo
Fofana/Evans
Soyuncu
Castagne

Tielemans
Ndidi
Maddison

Vardy
Barnes
Anybody but Perez

I really hope we get to see that team together one day

As I expected, his reasoning for the Mendy substitution defies logic.

We need to add more energy. I could take off our best option currently available to us in defensive midfield, which would make us vulnerable defensively through the middle of the pitch and add nothing to our attack. Or I could not disrupt the midfield. And instead to add energy I could freshen up the attack. How could I do that? Well I could take off the guy who has been completely ineffectual since the kick-off playing on the right wing, and being on one of the two RIGHT WINGERS I have left on the bench. And oh yeah, one of them might actually be able to cross the ball to the target man striker I brought on earlier. Yeah, easy decision, **** with the midfield.

As I expected, his reasoning for the Mendy substitution defies logic.

We need to add more energy. I could take off our best option currently available to us in defensive midfield, which would make us vulnerable defensively through the middle of the pitch and add nothing to our attack. Or I could not disrupt the midfield. And instead to add energy I could freshen up the attack. How could I do that? Well I could take off the guy who has been completely ineffectual since the kick-off playing on the right wing, and being on one of the two RIGHT WINGERS I have left on the bench. And oh yeah, one of them might actually be able to cross the ball to the target man striker I brought on earlier. Yeah, easy decision, **** with the midfield.

Genuinely baffling. Does himself no favours at all

Maybe Mendy was knackered and had got no energy left?

He should be fresh as he's not been on international duty so I doubt it.

I think Mendy had been booked? Listening to Brendan on radio Leicester after the game you feel like he was having a bit of a swipe at Choudhury in a roundabout way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363