Post Match Leicester 0 Leeds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dull would it be if we won every week?
We're Leicester, we'll always be just a bit shite, but capable of good results every once in while.
Makes winning an enjoyable occasion rather than a given procession.

Proof that you can't just buy whichever players you can 'take in' as Sven commonly put it, and then expect to build a balanced, settled and cohesive team from them. The group we've got aren't gelling as a team despite having quality and we show the same deficiences (lack of pace through the spine of the team, no bounceback from conceding, no natural width no domination of possession) that we've exhibited for nearly 12 months.
A manager, wingers with pace, passionate leadership and personalities - that's what we need urgently or we can luck forward to King Power pulling the plug sometime, ooh around May when a big fat 'for sale' sign will be in place and then god knows what will happen.
Leeds got humped 5-0 AT HOME last week....

Not the end of the world, but need that new man in quick style. I still hold out hope for a MON return even with the Pearson link getting stronger.. Would still prefer Billy Davies over Pearson too. No doubt that's who Hull fans will want if Pearson leaves.

If Pearson had never been at City in the first place I think people would find his appointment rather underwhelming.

Me? I think he'd be a decent signing....I suspect we'd be in the top flight had he never left.

Poor.

Their goalkeeper had nothing to do all game.

Mills was poor especially, McCormack gave him the run around all game. Bamba was defending for 2 men today.

Richie Wellens was a very lucky boy not to get a second yellow for simulation. He blatantly dived in the box on 2 or 3 occasions.

Poor.

Their goalkeeper had nothing to do all game.

Mills was poor especially, McCormack gave him the run around all game. Bamba was defending for 2 men today.

Richie Wellens was a very lucky boy not to get a second yellow for simulation. He blatantly dived in the box on 2 or 3 occasions.

Beckford looked very good though. Howard was awful.

Though we played alright today and we more-or-less matched Leeds. Nugent in particular was definitely up for it. Kasper started off shaky but improved. Their goal was a good strike which I can't blame the 'keeper for but we should have done better in the build up. Felt that we did just lack that managerial focus and organisation. Please come back Nigel.

Last edited:
MON....Mark Hughes...Kevin Keegan....and now back to Pearson...mmm me thinks we are lowering our sights quite a bit

Someone should occupy the **** out of the club car park with a tent and a protest poster.

No point complaining. It's not as if we have a Manager is it.

Though we played alright today and we more-or-less matched Leeds. Nugent in particular was definitely up for it. Kasper started off shaky but improved. Their goal was a good strike which I can't blame the 'keeper for but we should have done better in the build up. Felt that we did just lack that managerial focus and organisation. Please come back Nigel.

You had my full agreement up until your last sentence!

5 of the last 9 games we haven't scored in now. I would blame the strikers, but I honestly think it's midfield, it just doesn't create anything.

Richie Wellens was a very lucky boy not to get a second yellow for simulation.

Are you sure he got a first one? Neither the BBC nor Sky have reported it, although the Radio Leeds commentators said they thought he had been booked early on.

Are you sure he got a first one? Neither the BBC nor Sky have reported it, although the Radio Leeds commentators said they thought he had been booked early on.

He definitely was booked, for a cynical foul in the first half when he deliberately pulled a Leeds player down who was about to break.

He definitely was booked, for a cynical foul in the first half when he deliberately pulled a Leeds player down who was about to break.

Sounds like the same incident that the Leeds commentators mentioned. It definitely didn't come up on the BBC minute-by-minute and, as already mentioned, it not even now being reported by them or Sky.

lcfc.com only mentions four bookings too - I presume these are Konchesky, Bamba, Danns and Beckford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669