Post Match Leicester 0 Leeds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't be arsed to go into detail right now, but we certainly were not crap, well not totally crap anyway, more to come tomorrow ;)

I think it's all a bit crap to be fair.. I never understand sacking a manager without having anyone else lined up.

Never really troubled the keeper. Pretty average to be fair. We weren't much better either ... they had one shot on target and made the most of it.

All the gear but no idea.

I think it's all a bit crap to be fair.. I never understand sacking a manager without having anyone else lined up.

There is a theory that Sven was asked to 'go upstairs' and wouldn't and left instead.

That would certainly explain why the owners haven't appointed a replacement yet.

Konchesky seems to be the best winger currently fit. Covered more of the park than most of the team. Bamba was his usual scary but brilliant self. It is like he has a 5 yard total exclusion zone around him. Any player that gets that close you know is going to have the ball robbed off him by one of Bamba's legs that seem to get longer every game. Definitely Sven's Bargain Buy and probably the only player that has increased dramatically in value since arriving. Possibly Schmeichel too.

Midfield was poor. Looking to pass when actually running at the Leeds defence might have been more profitable. Definitely missed Vassell being able to run the channels. Too much to expect Nugent to do it all.

Still not convinced that Beckford really wants to play for us. Runs around a bit but no clear decisive passes or breaks.

Surprised that King was not subbed. Even when we had 4 strikers up top for the last 10 mins with Schmeichel leathering the ball up to Bamba, we never looked like scoring.

Agree about Bamba, was excellent today.

There is a theory that Sven was asked to 'go upstairs' and wouldn't and left instead.

For it to be a theory it needs to be supported by facts. I think this would be more accurately described as 'speculation'

Sven.... your recruitment in the Summer was abysmal.

With Dyer injured we don't have a single wide player in the squad. You stubborn ways have left you jobless and us unable to play anything but your useles diamond tactic.

I'm so fed up of it all. Tip-tap football with no end product and beaten by a long ball packed defence. (AGAIN!).
Yeah, it's all Sven's fault.:icon_roll

How one-dimensional in terms of conclusions can one be?

Still not convinced that Beckford really wants to play for us. Runs around a bit but no clear decisive passes or breaks.

Beckford was our best attacking player. Broke very well and created a great chance when running in from the left and shooting across goal, only to be cleared away by a defender 3 yards out. Was having his shirt pulled off his every time the ball was pumped forward by Schmeichal towards the end too so don't know what you expect him to do in that situation.

Last edited:
I was too fecked off to post yesterday so I'm doing it at 4 in the morning instead after having had some sleep & calmed down.
The best,most accurate & insightful post on this thread is the 1st one.

Crap

Thats exactly what it was.If you'd taken an alien to the game with you today as an attempt to explain the worldwide devotion & passion that football inspires he'd have fecked off home after having concluded that no intelligent life exists on this planet.

Move along...nothing to see here really sums it up.
Leeds are woeful or at least they were today.Famously fragile defensively & yet we tested them NOT ONCE in the whole 90
We are far enough into the season now for it to be obvious that this is an incredibly mediocre division.We are exactly halfway down it as of today which means we are mediocre in terms of our mediocrity.The only bright spot for me is that the race for the playoffs is likely to be an exciting struggle between about 15 teams! The four who make it will probably be the ones who feck up least rather than succeed most ( yes I know...but I know what I mean!)

We were at home,a big win wouldve taken us into the top 6 & the opposition were shite.Perfect set up.We manage to be even worse & lose 1-0.
I'm afraid if you want a performance to sum us up as a team,today was it.

I seriously do believe that it's a mental thing.There are talented players out there but they are square pegs in round holes & they know it.They are also without on-field leadership of any kind.
As almost everyone agrees,midfield is the problem.Too much sameness & no width,also no directness.
2 of the 3 goals at Burnley came from breaking this pattern.Wellens running direct at the defence to win a penalty & Gallagher's wonderful cross for Nugent's goal.This is how you break down Championship defences.
Whoever takes over is going to have to get the personnel we have playing this way because the alternative is to wait for January by which time it'll be too late (at least for this season)

Do we have the players that he can make adapt to this style? Discuss.

If you were one of the cock ends who booed and sang 'who the ****ing hell are you' when the owners were shown on the screen then well done, you really lived up to my (low) expectations and really supported your 'we're real fans cos we sing and shout a lot r lestoh til I die' mentality

To every single person who has guaranteed that I spend my Monday humming this song...

...I hate you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were one of the cock ends who booed and sang 'who the ****ing hell are you' when the owners were shown on the screen then well done, you really lived up to my (low) expectations and really supported your 'we're real fans cos we sing and shout a lot r lestoh til I die' mentality

It was being sung before they briefly came on the screens.

They looked very happy and my first thought was that they already knew they had their new manager.

They looked very happy when they said that all home games would be televised. Personally I don't think either of them know their arse from their elbow when it comes to footballing matters.

They've got themselves into this mess by their inveterate short-termism and I'm not sure they have the knowledge to get us out of it.

For it to be a theory it needs to be supported by facts. I think this would be more accurately described as 'speculation'

Well that's one definition of 'theory'.

Another, equally correct definition is:
" a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669