Leicester 0 Millwall 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some, not all. Most of his passes were great, he managed to switch the play on some occasions.
You criticised him, and then in the next sentence you asked how anybody could criticise him.

Seriously some of the reactions are absurd. Frustrating as today was we were not abject and we dominated most of the game against a team defending as though their lives depended on it.

The comments about Howard and Fryatt who link well and about King are all particularly unfair.

We did lose for a reason, though, and we struggled with the aggressive approach Millwall bought and we need to find a way to cope with that.

I thought we were abject and dominated about 25% of the first 10 minutes - It was all downhill form there.

We'll win at Orient next week, we needed a lesson, and the curse of MOTM struck again. No big deal. A reality check, that's all.

Just got back

If anyone is in any doubt, we were complete and utter shite from start to finish

Considering the standard of the opposition, it must rank as one of the most inept performances in recent years - and there's plenty of competition as you well know

Truly awful in every sense of the word

A fine introduction to the world of LCFC for poor homer junior
Get used to it, son :icon_lol:

At least he had his Gameboy, the lucky bastard...

Absolutley, we were totally and utterly awful

We WERE Shite! Yes Millwall did come with a very physical game plan, but that does not explain why such a high percentage of our passes went to them or to an empty space. We started playing head tennis again when there lots of opportunities to let the ball drop to the floor first. We were most guilty of letting them keep the ball. Nobody today was rushing to close their players down. They were very few serious tackles made by us and our final formation of 3-3-4 looked no more more threatening than the opening 4-4-2. A bad day at the office when no-one seemed prepared to step up to the plate and be counted. A painful wake-up call to them about the physical reality of playing in this league.

Right, because I'm a mad/sad/drunk old biddy, I'd like to inject a note of reason.

We were poor today, but not as poor as some are making out. Gilbert's injury ruined some of the wide play we've been used to. Gradel is going off the boil at times, and at others is amazing. Oakley had a poor game by his recent standards.

BUT, I'm now going to say the indefensible. Millwall, for this division, are good. They're pacey, and could keep up with our high-rate play, and are much better headers of the ball than we are. We can't expect every team to allow us to play good football. They were also defensively well-organised. Their goal was good.

AND they were dirty and the ref failed to see the fouls in their 'sandwich' /2 on 1 close technique. This is going to happen whenever we play big, dirty, bruisers, and we'd better get used to it and learn how to deal with it. It's a different game in the lower divisions, and sometimes ballet wins, and sometimes as another poster said, kick-boxing is more effective.

Last point - DJ Campbell - WHY???? he is crapola on a stick.

After games against MK and Tranmere who seemed to bend over and beg us to beat them, we finally played a team today that had a gameplan and some kind of hope that it might work.

They did very well. Disrupted our play, got into the wingers. Stopped the game flowing. Spot on tactics, well executed. And it worked very, very easily.

Can't understand berating the ref. Millwall commited a lot of fouls but not nasty ones. The two clear red card incidents in the match resulted in their dozy forward getting one and Gradel getting away with murder. If anything, I think the ref did us a favour.

Morrison was the only defender who looked up for it. In midfield, King confirmed my previous thoughts about him. He's a ponce. Anything remotely physical and he hides. He left the midfield battle solely to Oakley. Shameful imo. Playmaker, my arse. Neither winger once got to the byline and put in a half decent cross. Both were shite.

Up front, Howard was excellent all things considered. The only player in blue to be up for, and win, his physical battle on the day. Fryatt was garbage. I liked NP's subs again. Thought he made good changes at the right times. However, we proved today that we've got no Plan B.

From here on in, all teams with any sense will play like that at the Walkers. If we don't have an answer, we're in for a lot more frustration before this season's done with.

A bad day at the office when no-one seemed prepared to step up to the plate and be counted.

Talking about counting, did anybody actually believe the attendance figure of just over 19½k that was read out at the end of the match?

Talking about counting, did anybody actually believe the attendance figure of just over 19½k that was read out at the end of the match?

We (well not me and you, but generally) have had this sort of discussion before. Can you tell me what possible benefit there is in inflating the attendance figure? If it was artificially lowered then you might say there was a money laundering type scam to rake off the income from the excess numbers that weren't accounted for. But what would be a benefit of doing it the other way and saying there are more than there are? It's not as if we charge billboard advertisers a higher rate based on attendance is it :102:

I did..... why would the club lie to its fans?.....:102:

Matt Oakley showed his true colours today, its all fine and dandy against useless sides like Tranmere and Cheltenham, but when he has to get stuck in and show some leardership he fecking disappears.

His woeful attitude was summed up nicely in the second half when he mis-controled under no pressure at all and then pretended to be injured, only getting up when he realised their resulting attack had broken down.

They got in our faces and you could see that the lads couldn't cope with it, Hobbs in particular had an absolute stinker.

I partly blame those egg-chasing *****, why do we have to tip-toe round them so they can have the later kick off?

I partly blame those egg-chasing *****, why do we have to tip-toe round them so they can have the later kick off?

So the early kick off was nothing to do with the potential for aggro then?

So the early kick off was nothing to do with the potential for aggro then?

I guess i'm just looking for excuses Mackster.

We were crap today, I admit, but I'm wondering how much we were affected by the decision to have last weeks match at Colchester postponed? We were in-form and on a roll, and missing a weeks football over 3 players who we could argubly have done well without was a big mistake IMO.

Oh well. Bring on Orient.

We were in-form and on a roll, and missing a weeks football over 3 players who we could argubly have done well without was a big mistake IMO.

Good point. We can't go for the entire season, postponing games because Tunchev, King and Adams aren't around. Adams isn't even a first team regular, and its not like we have a tiny squad that can't cope without a center half and a shit midfielder is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00