Post Match Leicester 0 Millwall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were better than them but absolutely no cutting edge. Problems for Sven:

- no decent link up between the midfield and attack. Nugent played alright but is always receiving with his back to goal. And Beckford and Nugent go together at present as well as Steven and BG.
- the pace of play from the midfield is woeful.
- severe lack of width, when we're clearly not creative enough to go down the middle.
- King, Abe and Wellens especially offer very little in the current style of play.

We could have played that match for 10 days and no-one would have scored. And bringing on Fernandes at the end was beyond pointless.

We are so one dimensional this season, our entire game seems to be play it out to the full-backs and lob it into the box. It's so easy for the opposition defence to read.

What's ever stranger about it is we keep the ball down in the build up only to play it out wide and then play high balls into the box. It's bizarre, we don't seem to want to actually create anything via passing play, yet we still want to pass it about in defence and midfield.

Our midfield is made up of too many similar players, we lack a playmaker who can unlock defences.

Manager lets the team believe they can coast to victory ala Wednesday's game and the players can't get themselves up for the next game. This loss was totally predictable and we won't get away from this type of performance until we start playing to win through every 90 minutes. We need to get a decent 1st team coach in to replace Powell asap.

I give up. Total lack of effort; total lack of enthusiasm; total lack of any idea how to get into the game.

We've got a midfield that doesn't get more than 10 yards ahead of the back four - and when they get the ball, their first reaction is to pass it back to the back four. The two players who would be expected to play the decisive ball (Johnson and Wellens) halted and faltered and were content to hang on and miss the moment time after time after time.

If I'd had a flexible ticket for my return journey, I'd have left the game early for the first time in my life. I envy the (probably) 1-in-3 City fans who did leave early - they didn't have to ponder over whether to boo the lazy ****ers off the field or not.

Did anybody else see Schmeichel after the third goal? He grabbed the ball and went storming up the field with it. Did anybody else think that he was going to throw it at the ref and thankfully thought better of it at the last moment? If not that, what was he doing?

I'm seriously thinking of saving my money and staying at home until this lot get themselves sorted out.

Beckford is looking an even bigger waste of money than Mills. Without wanting to have a "I told you so" moment (as I really want to see our players succeed and not have to do that). It still remains that he's never been proven above League One level.

Is any defeat?

It wasn't the defeat that was unacceptable; it was the performance and the whole ****ing attitude.

Beckford is looking an even bigger waste of money than Mills. Without wanting to have a "I told you so" moment (as I really want to see our players succeed and not have to do that). It still remains that he's never been proven above League One level.

Any striker will be a complete waste of money for as long as we continue with a midfield and a midfield system that can't get the right kind of ball to them. I'm not going to try to exonerate either of the front two but our primary problem is not with them.

Any striker will be a complete waste of money for as long as we continue with a midfield and a midfield system that can't get the right kind of ball to them. I'm not going to try to exonerate either of the front two but our primary problem is not with them.

Completely agree with you that the midfield and the lack of creativity from it is the main problem, but even so, Nugent has looked good despite this and Beckford's first touch and finishing have been abysmal since he came here.

As much as I don't want to say it, as much as I want us to do well, as excited as I was at the start of the season, there is a creeping niggle in the back of my head telling me that we've spunked millions on an incredibly average side.

The last time I saw us play well was against Derby, and the difference was no Wellens in the team. Wellens slows the game down. Takes 6 touches when one will do and lets defenders get back instead of quickly moving it forward. We do well when we play with pace.

For West Ham I would start Nugent and Vassel up front. Bring on Beckford only when Vassells legs go at about 70 mins. Abe, Johnson, Dyer and Gallagher to start in midfield. Danns as replacement, probably for Gallagher when he slows down. Same back 5 with Weale, Schlupp and Pantsil as remaining subs.

Unacceptable.

Is any defeat?

I meant that it was unacceptable that I had to start the post match thread. It's normally a page or two long by the time I get back from the ground!

If you want my opinion on the game then the defeat, and more importantly the manner of the defeat was totally unacceptable.

We can all accept a defeat to a better team or if things on the day don't go your way, but to come up against one of the poorest teams to ever play here and lose like that is disgraceful IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566