Post Match Leicester 0 Millwall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
- no decent link up between the midfield and attack. Nugent played alright but is always receiving with his back to goal. And Beckford and Nugent go together at present as well as Steven and BG.

Not been the same around here since he buggered off.

I envy the (probably) 1-in-3 City fans who did leave early - they didn't have to ponder over whether to boo the lazy ****ers off the field or not.

When the board went up for the additional minutes I was wondering if I would join in the inevitable booing. In the end I just turned my back and walked out.

I'm with spoin and boc on this one, it wasn't so much the result as the uninspiring one dimensional performance.

If ever an opposition suited a Steve Howard up front then surely Millwall were that opposition.

Beckford's first touch and finishing have been abysmal since he came here.

He clearly prefers going towards goal. We keep putting it to him with his goal.

there is a creeping niggle in the back of my head telling me that we've spunked millions on an incredibly average side.

I'd have question Sven's team building. I posted a thread post it after the Bristol City defeat. Did we actually do any scouting instead of purchasing players off their names. Our midfield contains six players of a similar style. Did we think about signing a creative player or an outside of the box signing? I am watching Reading-Soton, the Saints' goalscorer De Riddler is from the Dutch second tier and looks total quality. C'mon Sven for all that knowledge and contacts...we couldn't find a diamond of real, real quality?

Wellens and Johnson do not work together

Or more they are too similar. Johnson has lost that yard of pace where he could past defenders like he did at Man City. So he just does the same job as Wellens. Playing Wellens on the left of the diamond too is daft considering how long he takes to cut back in every time.

What was shape in midfield during the second half? Play with just a right-back, down that flank.

Absolute ****ing disgrace, the lot of them should be docked wages. ****ing useless bunch of ****s.

Said It from the start of the season, Sven has dropped a massive bollock with his recruitment in the summer, total and utter madness from a man with his track record.

Said It from the start of the season, Sven has dropped a massive bollock with his recruitment in the summer, total and utter madness from a man with his track record.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think opposition fans who said "what does SGE know about the Championship?" are starting to look like they're right. All the success and managerial skills in the world are useless if you don't have the knowledge of the teams and players of this division.

The only problem is, if SGE ever did go (and I'm not suggesting he should), I can only see our owners wanting another big name manager. We really want someone of Steve Coppell or Neil Warnock's ilk who have proven themselves at this level time and time again and know the division inside out, but I just cannot see our owners going for a manager like that. They'll go with another big name ex-player (a la Sousa) or another big name manager who has no knowledge of this league whatsoever (a la SGE).

And St.Ledger....feckin' hell. Five yards off his player every time (Henderson) and passing like a total ****.

It seems we are laden with defenders who cannot pass 10 feet in front of them.

I'm off for a glass of red wine, may I suggest that some on here do the same (or something similar).

Interesting comment by Paul Gallagher on the commentary about the lack of having penalties given for us. (Comment made just after Dave Nugent should've have a penalty). Are the players' becoming paranoid?

I'm off for a glass of red wine, may I suggest that some on here do the same (or something similar).

I've got to drive my daughter and her boyfriend into town. As soon as I get back I'm going to drink to forget!

I don't think you can expect the ref to bail you out like that. Weren't we 3-0 down by that point anyway so it was largely irrelevant?

And St.Ledger....feckin' hell. Five yards off his player every time (Henderson) and passing like a total ****.

he's a park player at best.... doesn't mark, cant head it, lacks pace & no distribution.... he wants to give SGE a problem for selection after the WHU game.... sure Sean.. no problem.. you'll be dropped..

he couldn't even defend a cross at below head height in his own box (their 3rd).. he got caught for speed of though & strength and .... cr*p..

pls don't play anymore...

mind you it wasn't all his fault today...v poor performance . No pace or forward direction from midfield. We are too predictable and not good enough to get anywhere near the playoffs.

and don't start me on Beckford.....

crap.

:bang::bang:

When this team get promoted I'll get a f•ckin sex change. Getting pissed - in both senses.

for me the defence was fine today despite the goals and Nugent and Beckford did nothing wrong with scant service. The problem is that Wellens and Johnson both slow play down and look for a pass and with both in the team we get nowhere. Johnson is steps ahead of Wellens so for me Wellens needs dropping. Vassell looked like he had the touch of a donkey today and Dyer proved beyond doubt he is a one trick pony who can't cross. We aren't far away from being there but today proved that the small musing link is a huge link against some teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669