Post Match Leicester 0 Millwall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MON knows about promotion. i doubt he's after a challenge like us though. (again). i have no idea if SGE can get us out of this league. i have posted about 'playing ugly' on occasion and been strongly criticised for doing so. someone posted earlier re howard. lack of mobility but surely there are games where a player like him will be very effective. it may not be pretty but not every game can be a 'festival of football'. i know its not yet november, but this is a confidence game and i fear we may well be lacking this and not sure the manager is the type to convince the players otherwise. we have a tough away fixture to come which, if we could somehow take 3 points, would go a long way to sorting out the mental side of things. as for the lack of consistency, same old same old ...................

MON has already turned us and West Ham down, why even mention him as a candidate. We may as well throw Mourinho in there if you're going to. Neither would ever come.

I agree we need to beat Leeds as they are a team most City fans hate and if you could choose I'm sure most would take a Leeds win over a win over the Hammers.

My comments about next week were about the issues Sven needs to address considering we have not scored an away goal for 6 weeks and what a test it will be.

MON has already turned us and West Ham down, why even mention him as a candidate. We may as well throw Mourinho in there if you're going to. Neither would ever come.

i mentioned him purely as an example of a big name manager who knows how to get out of this division in response to a previous post. i have few doubts that he has any interest in taking us on. i didnt realise jose was on the short list. :icon_lol:

MON took five years to get us promoted, Sven has been here for one season,
Get of his back and give him time

Although I could not see this result coming the performance was always on the cards.
If Sven insists on playing 4 central midfielders at home sides will just sit back and let us try and play through the middle.
We were at home to a side that had not won for 10 games and were in the bottom three yet the side sent out never looked like it could get at this team.
I know Beckford had a poor game but if he is only ever going to get the ball with his back to goal its what we can expect. I felt for him and Nugent today, give these guys chances and they will score goals.

for me the defence was fine today despite the goals and Nugent and Beckford did nothing wrong with scant service.

Completely agree, except that Beckford looked poor (albeit with awful service).

The problem, as everyone has alluded to, is the midfield. Although it's clearly full of quality players, it's an absolute shambles at the moment. No urgency; no width despite a lack of directness; very flat (either all sitting on the defenders' laps or a line of players who can be easily left for dead with one ball. I don't even know what the solution is?!

Try and get some width? Dyer is our only natural winger...
Switch to 5-3-2 to exploit Konch and Peltier? Would need a lot of work.
Play more direct and with more urgency? Why haven't we been doing this already?!

I'd be surprised if, for one reason or another, Sven is still here in February.

Play-offs in sight, and yet again we bottle it.

I know Sven is a proven manager, but i wonder sometimes if he actually bothers to try and motivate the players.

I know Sven is a proven manager, but i wonder sometimes if he actually bothers to try and motivate the players.

They certainly don't look very motivated, in fact from Gally's comments they see themselves as an automatic favorite.

Maybe the players need to take some responsibility to motivate themselves.

Sven has to go. As I suspected, he is tactically inept and does not have what it takes to get us promoted. We have been humiliated (bearing in mind the huge amounts of moiney that we have spent this season) by the likes of Millwall, Bristol City and Reading. There's no hope in keeping Sven in the hope that he will turn this around - he won't. He is a vastly overrated manager a la Steve MacLaren.

Why did it take him so long to realise that we needed a striker if we were to challenge for promotion? He only signed Beckford on the transfer deadline. Why hasn't he signed a speedy winger, when it is so obivous that this is a prerequisite for doing well in the championship? Why has he signed the has beens and never will bes(Vassell/ Pantsil/Johnson/Danns)?Why is the body language of his players so negative and uninspiring? Why is that even with a defensively minded midfield we still liable to concede goals at will? How many goals do we think that Wellens, Fernandes and Abe will score in a season? Not many!

Roy Keane is the man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670