Post Match Leicester 0 Millwall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDid anybody else see Schmeichel after the third goal? He grabbed the ball and went storming up the field with it. Did anybody else think that he was going to throw it at the ref and thankfully thought better of it at the last moment? If not that, what was he doing?

I thought when Kasper went up field he was furious at his team mates and with good cause.

The midfield was poor but Beckford was below poor. I cannot remember a striker looking as ineffective since the unlamented performances of Carl Cort. The fact that he was subbed at half time shows Sven was not impressed either.

It is true that some of the service he and Nugent got was poor but when Beckford did receive a decent ball he seemed to be bullied off it. If this is not a one-off then the money for Beckford has been wasted and we need another striker.
In the second half I thought we improved and Dyer did well.

I disagree about Dyer doing well. His passing and final ball were woeful, he got past players of course because of his pace as he always will, but that doesn't matter one bit if you can't deliver after you've beaten your man.

Given the circumstances i'm struggling to recall a worse home defeat than this one in recent years.
In terms of a scoreline 0-5 against Bolton was a shocker, and we have had some other poor defeats, but in most of those scenarios we could at least claim to have been thumped by good opponents.
How long can you delude yourself that they are about to turn the corner? The two earlier home defeats against Reading and Brizzle could be put down to early season hype/nerves and players trying to settle in, but not today. This wasnt just a defeat, it was psychologically very damaging.
No team now is going to fear coming to the KP. With only a quarter of the season gone our supposed rivals for promotion know that we are struggling to handle the pressure of being a big spending team.
We dont seem capable of putting in a good 90 minute shift, and Sven has said the players looked ' tired ' . How can that be ? we are only a dozen or so games into the season, and with the early season 'match fitness' period over, these players should be at peak fitness NOW. Poor excuses from whats starting to look like a poorly assembled team. We do have some good players, but we dont have a good team.

Given the circumstances i'm struggling to recall a worse home defeat than this one in recent years.
In terms of a scoreline 0-5 against Bolton was a shocker, and we have had some other poor defeats, but in most of those scenarios we could at least claim to have been thumped by good opponents.
How long can you delude yourself that they are about to turn the corner? The two earlier home defeats against Reading and Brizzle could be put down to early season hype/nerves and players trying to settle in, but not today. This wasnt just a defeat, it was psychologically very damaging.
No team now is going to fear coming to the KP. With only a quarter of the season gone our supposed rivals for promotion know that we are struggling to handle the pressure of being a big spending team.
We dont seem capable of putting in a good 90 minute shift, and Sven has said the players looked ' tired ' . How can that be ? we are only a dozen or so games into the season, and with the early season 'match fitness' period over, these players should be at peak fitness NOW. Poor excuses from whats starting to look like a poorly assembled team. We do have some good players, but we dont have a good team.

Out if interest, which players have you spoken to who said how psychologically damaging today was?

Out if interest, which players have you spoken to who said how psychologically damaging today was?

Dunno about the players but it's psychologically damaging to the fans.

I think perhaps we have a problem.

As I see it we recruited a premier league and above
manager and perhaps the owners thought that with financial muscle he could get us out of this division and then once in the promised land he could keep us there and be successful.

The reverse of this is you get someone like warnock who will get you out of this division but will struggle to keep you up because he would have to virtually change the entire team to cope with the changes in the way the game is played in the premier

So what do we do?

I've been a staunch Sven supporter and have encouraged patience but I must admit I'm at a bit of a crossroads following this result.

It's a terrible loss and yet again we have let the rest of the division off the hook. Deeply frustrating stuff. Had I been there I would have left.

We can only hope that this result serves as a turning point for Sven and the players, but I'm far less optimistic than I was yesterday.

The performances of Beckford suggest the man just isn't interested, I suspect he was forced out of the door at Everton and had very little say so in the matter. He is playing like someone who has the hump.

Long story short: unnacceptable and leaves me questioning the mettle of this side and the staff.

Sven sounded like he was totally deflated by this afternoons performance.

"That was not good enough and that performance was not acceptable. We were lacking in energy and I felt that we were flat throughout today.

"I want to apologise to the supporters. I am sorry that they had to watch that"

West Ham next week will be a real test. Sven will need to get the tactics right and we need to score an away goal as we haven't scored an away goal since 10th September up here against Barnsley.

Last edited:
Sven sounded like he was totally deflated by this afternoons performance.

West Ham next week will be a real test. Sven will need to get the tactics right and we need to score an away goal as we haven't scored an away goal since 10th September up here against Barnsley.

If we beat West Ham it won't matter to the fans if we lose against Leeds

Really? Constant development has appeased their support (Stoke etc) as the majority of Leicester fans were under Pearson.

As for the owners they need to get ****ing real if they keep immediate success is possible. Been a worry of mine since they came on board.

Difference was neither Stoke, nor us under Pearson spent the kind of money we have and the thing is we're not showing any development from last season, are we?

Difference was neither Stoke, nor us under Pearson spent the kind of money we have and the thing is we're not showing any development from last season, are we?

We're in the same area of agreement I think. My point is you have to build a team, bit by bit getting them to work together. Signing multiple players largely blind rarely works.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think opposition fans who said "what does SGE know about the Championship?" are starting to look like they're right. All the success and managerial skills in the world are useless if you don't have the knowledge of the teams and players of this division.

The only problem is, if SGE ever did go (and I'm not suggesting he should), I can only see our owners wanting another big name manager. We really want someone of Steve Coppell or Neil Warnock's ilk who have proven themselves at this level time and time again and know the division inside out, but I just cannot see our owners going for a manager like that. They'll go with another big name ex-player (a la Sousa) or another big name manager who has no knowledge of this league whatsoever (a la SGE).

MON knows about promotion. i doubt he's after a challenge like us though. (again). i have no idea if SGE can get us out of this league. i have posted about 'playing ugly' on occasion and been strongly criticised for doing so. someone posted earlier re howard. lack of mobility but surely there are games where a player like him will be very effective. it may not be pretty but not every game can be a 'festival of football'. i know its not yet november, but this is a confidence game and i fear we may well be lacking this and not sure the manager is the type to convince the players otherwise. we have a tough away fixture to come which, if we could somehow take 3 points, would go a long way to sorting out the mental side of things. as for the lack of consistency, same old same old ...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669