Post Match Leicester 0 Millwall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team do not seem equipped to grind out a result, we either pass the opposition of the park (on occasions) or we twat around with it across the pitch and hope something happens. This week again, No craft, no guile, no width and no plan B. This is going to be a difficult season - again.

Why? Do you honestly think he knows the players in this league and the style of play of other managers of this league as well as managers who have managed at this level for years?

How many of the teams this year are the same as 2 years ago before sven came? Players, managers, systems and tactics all change. You need to do your homework before every game. Anything we knew about who and how Millwall played 2 seasons ago is completely useless now.

I also don't think the poor performances are down to us not knowing about the opposistion, it's down to us not playing our own game very well.

I am sure Sven has the ability to tactically outwit any manager in this division, I also believe he has the players capable of beating any team in this division.

The problem in my opinion is more likely to be whether Sven can be bothered to do his homework, and work sufficiently with the players to make sure they know his tactics intimately.

It's only October, but how long do you lot give Sven if you remain mid-table?
You're playing two former managers at the end of next month. Does Sven see Christmas if you have indifferent results before then, and then you lose those two?

I'm seriously thinking of saving my money and staying at home until this lot get themselves sorted out.[/QUOTE]

would it not be better to support the team through thick and thin, the attendances this season are a joke.
the tickets should be a little cheaper i agree but they are not and you cant expect the owners to throw money in the club if the fans dont repay it some how,
we need to get behind the team 110% every week , i agree they were awefull saturday and was the worst performance i have seen for years and years.
BLUE ARMY

It's only October, but how long do you lot give Sven if you remain mid-table?
You're playing two former managers at the end of next month. Does Sven see Christmas if you have indifferent results before then, and then you lose those two?

I don't see Sven being sacked anytime soon, he may have to take on a first team coach who will do all the work Sven is too busy to do because of his media work.

I'm seriously thinking of saving my money and staying at home until this lot get themselves sorted out.

would it not be better to support the team through thick and thin, the attendances this season are a joke.
the tickets should be a little cheaper i agree but they are not and you cant expect the owners to throw money in the club if the fans dont repay it some how,

The owners pay in their money because they see it as an investment. I pay my money in because I want to get some enjoyment in return, not to repay the investment of the owners. I've got no responsibility to ensure the owners get a return on their investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

The post you were answering mentioned saving money. Money is tight these days and attending matches is expensive. When you aren't seeing what you expect on the field it focuses the mind or at least the wallet/purse.

I just don't think that Sven has what it takes to achieve promotion. It's unfortunate because he appears to be a genuinely decent and likeable bloke. But if he was ahead of the game why would he collect so many similar central mid-fielders? Why would he appear to lash out so much of the owner's money on very ordinary players i.e. Mills or players who don't appear interested in wearing the shirt i.e. Beckford? Why hasn't he replaced a top class coach i.e. Powell? I can just about understand why he plays the sterile formations on the basis that he doesn't have much in the way of midfield creativity or wide players but surely if he was fully focussed and had done his homework or receptive to the ideas of a decent coach then he would have worked out what works in this division. The Leicester public know when they are not getting value for money and in these difficult time people are being careful with their money - so its not surprising that attendances are disappointing.

My general feeling from Saturday is that the players expect to just stroll through victories against so-called lesser teams. The arrogance is astonishing.

Schmeichel showed a lot of passion (ducks) which is a good sign.

Wellens completely vacated his side of the pitch for most of the game meaning the little width he is supposed to provide just was not there. The balance of the midfield is not right at the moment. Why doesn't he play a 'flat' midfield? at least there would be some shape to it. Hopefully with Gally back we will revert to 4-3-3.

I still think Johnson looks a very tidy player. especially when you think how many games he has[n't] played recently. Keep him in the side and he will only get better.

Nugent played very well I thought and did not deserve to be on the losing side. Beckford is not very good at playing football but is a good goalscorer, given the service. Giving him the ball with his back to goal will not work. We played it over the top for Vassell, why not Beckford?

I also fealt sorry for the full backs. They were given the ball out wide with no avaiable pass far too often. You cannot expect them to run 60 yards, past two defenders and put a cross in. They need help.

The Leicester public know when they are not getting value for money and in these difficult time people are being careful with their money - so its not surprising that attendances are disappointing.

The same Leicester public that boo after the first home game of the season?
The same Leicester public that boo a player's name when announced in the starting line up?
The same Leicester public that sing for another goalie when the goalie at the time makes a mistake?
I'd go as far as to say the Leicester public is part of the whole bloody problem!

... why would he collect so many similar central mid-fielders?

The only similar things in the midfield are King and Wellens go 'missing' and Abe, Johnson, Fernandes and Danns put in a full shift!

As I said previously though, lets up the pace. Replace Wellens and King with Dyer and Gallagher. Use the squad. Use the subs when others tire.

The balance of the midfield is not right at the moment. Why doesn't he play a 'flat' midfield? at least there would be some shape to it. Hopefully with Gally back we will revert to 4-3-3.

It's strange how Sven doesn't seem able to recognise what appears obvious - and how he has come to bring in so many players at so much cost (taking account of wages) without achieving flexibility in playing style. I don't doubt that Gally is a useful player but don't see him as better than a fringe first team player in a good side - I think it will take more than his return to make the difference. Dyer offers something different - but probably without the quality to be more than an impact player as a substitute.

The same Leicester public that boo a player's name when announced in the starting line up?
The same Leicester public that sing for another goalie when the goalie at the time makes a mistake?
I'd go as far as to say the Leicester public is part of the whole bloody problem!

Agreed, miserable feckers.

It's strange how Sven doesn't seem able to recognise what appears obvious - and how he has come to bring in so many players at so much cost (taking account of wages) without achieving flexibility in playing style. I don't doubt that Gally is a useful player but don't see him as better than a fringe first team player in a good side - I think it will take more than his return to make the difference. Dyer offers something different - but probably without the quality to be more than an impact player as a substitute.

Gally's introduction would only help the change of shape, he's the only half-decent wide player we have. Dyer is quick but that's about it.

yes. There are some very long posts. As I found out earlier it's also very easy to get swept up in it, I read my post back and thought 'what a load of shit'.

I shall be more careful in future!

The public as a whole nknow when they are getting good value for their money.

There are plenty of idiots in all football crowds - but they are a minority. I don't know whether we have greater percentage of them than most. I do know that we were set up for a fall this season by over-hyped claims and expectations.

I get to see the team very rarely but, from TV footage and commentaries, it seems to me, that we have a good passing side. I would expect us to do well at WHU next week: not necessarily win, but perform well. Where we struggle is against teams that get bodies behind the ball and make 'pretty football' difficult.

I would compromise my football principles and play the likes of Dyer from the start in these matches but Sven does not wish so to do. He is a better tactician than me so perhaps, when the team learn to deal with this style, it will be all the stronger. Panic in October is unseemly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566