Post Match Leicester 0 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the highlights on the FL show. A real stinker in terms of mused chances and almost solely down to Nugent who on another day would easily have scored two.

Not sure about the rest of his contribution as the programme only shows a very polarised version of events but if his overall contribution was okay I would persevere in the next dame as dropping him may well have the opposite effect of draining his remaining confidence.

Just seen the highlights on the FL show. A real stinker in terms of mused chances and almost solely down to Nugent who on another day would easily have scored two.

Not sure about the rest of his contribution as the programme only shows a very polarised version of events but if his overall contribution was okay I would persevere in the next dame as dropping him may well have the opposite effect of draining his remaining confidence.

Oh im sure he's got plenty of confidence, this is the bloke who smirks like **** after every chance he squanders.

Don't get it. Should that be "perverse"? Still don't get it....

Last edited:

His overall contribution was complete and utter wank. A disgrace of a performance

And I don't give a shit about his confidence.

Having watched the highlights again I am even more convinced that we shouldn't be too concerned. On another day we would have won that game. No doubt about it. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but were we not denied a certain penalty for the foul on Dyer?

Having watched the highlights again I am even more convinced that we shouldn't be too concerned. On another day we would have won that game. No doubt about it. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but were we not denied a certain penalty for the foul on Dyer?

I'm also convinced that the shot of his in the first half that went into the side netting was diverted there by the hand/arm of a defender. To counteract this though, I'm equally sure that Liam Moore handled in the area later in the game.

I'm also convinced that the shot of his in the first half that went into the side netting was diverted there by the hand/arm of a defender. To counteract this though, I'm equally sure that Liam Moore handled in the area later in the game.

But add to this the numerous decent opportunities that we had and Forest were far from convincing winners. Nugent should have scored at least one or two in addition. Just a bad day at the office. We will need to bounce back against Ipswich now, though that won't be easy.

But add to this the numerous decent opportunities that we had and Forest were far from convincing winners. Nugent should have scored at least one or two in addition. Just a bad day at the office. We will need to bounce back against Ipswich now, though that won't be easy.

I agree. There can be no excuses for a striker to miss the kind of opportunities that Nugent had to score. On the balance of play we should have buried them. We must not let games/points slip away so easily.

4a8yneny.jpg

I bloody hate all of this 'it wasn't our day' and 'bad day at the office'

Missing easy chances is bad performance as much as anything else is. And if I had to go to the office once a week and put that performance in I would be told to feck off fairly quickly.

I bloody hate all of this 'it wasn't our day' and 'bad day at the office'

Missing easy chances is bad performance as much as anything else is. And if I had to go to the office once a week and put that performance in I would be told to feck off fairly quickly.

That is true, reckon there might have been a few Watford players on final warning the previous week.

It stinks, especially to loose to a shite Forest team. Just when things were looking great Leicester **** it up. That is Leicester.

Hope we bounce back quickly. As people have said we lost but didn't deserve to, no need to panic just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
And if I had to go to the office once a week and put that performance in I would be told to feck off fairly quickly.

What about all those days where you do **** all, write a good report in the last 10 minutes of the day and your boss thinks you're great.

We've had a few suspect performances that have earned 3 points this season. It's swings and roundabouts.

Just when things were looking great Leicester **** it up. That is football.

Amended.

As a promotion winning team, sometimes you need to ride out things which go against you to claim three points. City were sucked into a scrappy, derby game rather than controlling it at their own tempo. The first twenty minutes were encouraging but the error was the two yellow cards which meant that most of the players were more concerned with the referee than the opposition. I actually can't complain against either yellow card but the ref was annoying me in the extreme when he appeared to support time-wasting in the second half. He really made it a dull, disjointed second half with little flow.

The second half firstly wasn't helped by the fore-mentioned ref and then a completely lack of urgency on our side. There were probably two, three at most players trying to actively get the tempo up. It was piss easy for Forest to defend like they did. Davies' only real tactical winner was putting Jara against Dyer and pushing the space against him.

The two goals conceded were awful. I always it's easy to forgive the failure to clear once but twice, three times?

Just an installment to rather awful weekend.

Cardiff last season would have faced the odd game where they under-performed at home.

The fact it was a derby is gutting but the important thing is to bounce back.

Nugent continues to worry me. We all know that he can change a game on his day but he can also go 15 games looking like a man who has lost his spark.

Do you remember the Warner Brothers movie "Space Jam". The aliens steal the skills of all of the top U.S basketball players to use for themselves. The basketball players then went out and performed like they had never played before and couldn't even catch a ball.

That's what Nugent reminds me of. Like cartoon aliens have stolen his skills.

One of the few decent moments from Saturday ...

Last edited by a moderator:
So has Nugent been hung at the clock tower yet!?

OK, he had a poor game and hasn't been his best this year but he is still one of the best in the league and am very greatful we have him playing for us rather than against us.

The players were all below par imo and the defenders could have at least made us get a point if we weren't scoring ourselves as they were equally as shocking in our box for their two goals.

Back to Nuge though, I'm sure the people being critical of him for smiling a lot would be the same people that moaned when Howard used to twat the floor everytime he gave a free-kick away.

He has been poor and does need dropping but we had no 1 else available on Saturday and we're still second FFS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670