Post Match Leicester 0 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're still second
Whoa there, hold on just a moment. We're still second? Forest won and you're saying the End has not arrived? The summit of Mount Megiddo remains empty? The rose is still alive? The horses aren't eating each other?

Whoa there, hold on just a moment. We're still second? Forest won and you're saying the End has not arrived? The summit of Mount Megiddo remains empty? The rose is still alive? The horses aren't eating each other?

Not yet although word is that Typhoon Haiyan is on its way so at least things are on the up after a defeat to Forest!?!

Not yet although word is that Typhoon Haiyan is on its way so at least things are on the up after a defeat to Forest!?!

Not seen any overreaction, to be honest

Across all the messageboards I have seen that many have been commenting on how shite Nugent was - can't really argue with that as he was dreadful (although a couple of others were nearly as bad). People have commented on how shite the defending was, which was true. And people have commented on the 'unhelpful' substitutions that were made, which I personally agree with. And a lot of shite about the ref.

The PeeStAin Out brigade haven't surfaced much, and nothing else other than normal post match comment on a piss poor performance

I'm amazed that the reaction has been so mild and understated, to be honest. Quite refreshing

Across all the messageboards I have seen that many have been commenting on how shite Nugent was - can't really argue with that as he was dreadful (although a couple of others were nearly as bad). People have commented on how shite the defending was, which was true. And people have commented on the 'unhelpful' substitutions that were made, which I personally agree with. And a lot of shite about the ref.

The PeeStAin Out brigade haven't surfaced much, and nothing else other than normal post match comment on a piss poor performance

I'm amazed that the reaction has been so mild and understated, to be honest. Quite refreshing

Agreed.

As for Nuge being one of the best in the league, I think it's obvious to all but the visually impaired that he is in fact one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

Having said that he's been consistently shit this season so that's me proved wrong.

I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if we sold him to be honest.

Last edited:
Agreed.

As for Nuge being one of the best in the league, I think it's obvious to all but the visually impaired that he is in fact one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

Having said that he's been consistently shit this season so that's me proved wrong.

I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if we sold him to be honest.

Agreed.

One of the most talented and most inconsistent players in the league.

Bad day at the office. Just one of those games I'm afraid. We were all over them first half and still managed to go in 2-0 down, thanks to two quite lucky goals. The first was a bit of a defensive mix up where the ball happened to pop out to Cox after Schmeichel and Drinkwater got in each other's way. The second was a lucky bounce from a set piece. The referee was ****ing atrocious... we missed a shit tonne of chances and the second half, well the damage was done really. Forest did a professional job seeing out the game and we never really did anything of note in the second half... except for missing a penalty, which summed up the afternoon nicely.

I assume you didn't read your post prior to this one then?

I'm not saying it was a good performance from Nuge, I've even said he should be dropped but there is an over-reaction here.

Strikers never score all their chances (though he should have got at least one) and our defenders were just as culpable in us not winning by falling over each other trying to create a human pinball machine and gifting them a couple of goals but no one is calling them for to be given death by firing squad live on Foxes TV a-la Nuge.

The subs I agree but it's about the first time it has been mentioned in here.

It seems like the majority on here always have to have someone to blame (a sad reflection on society as a whole today imo) whereas truthfully, us as a team were not good enough from the manager to the players.

**** it - PeeSatan and the bastard players out, the lot of 'em!

I had to contend with two Forest supporters at work today. Surprisingly, there first comments were regarding the fact that Forest had stolen the points and we had missed numerous opportunities. Made me feel slightly better.

A few points having had a couple of days to reflect.

Criticism of the refs performance is over the top. He didn't deal with the obvious time wasting but who does? The fact that one of the worst refs I've ever seen, Uriah Rennie, was assessing his performance from the stand tells you everything you need to know about the standard of refereeing nowadays. Why do our fans turn on the ref every time we're losing at home? It doesn't help and can only get the players also thinking the world is against them, which it patently isn't. The other main negative in Mason's performance was giving us a very soft penalty, which we should have benefited from.

Our first half performance was okay. Not great, but not bad either. Shit happens with us missing chances and the opposition getting all the breaks. I'd argue that it was no different to how we got the breaks in the Watford game to be honest.

The second half was terrible. Poor performances from almost everyone although Moore tried his best throughout. Our only two players that looked capable of creating anything (Schlupp and Knockaert) were inexplicably substituted in order to change the formation, which was completely unnecessary. We allowed them to dictate the tempo which was amateurish on our part.

I've rarely seen such a less congested or contested midfield than Saturday. King had ten yards whenever he got the ball and did nothing with it. Before the game, I wondered about the helicopter landing just before kick off and what would happen if it broke down on the pitch and they couldn't get it to fly again. Match abandoned I assume, but you could just as easily have painted a number 10 on it and paid it £10k a week.

The yellow ball is out so Dyer has gone into hibernation until April again. He'll be back flying down the wing then, but in the meantime, just like the last few seasons, he'll be a passenger.

On the comments about Nugent, he was no different on Saturday than any other game this season, except that this time he missed his penalty. He hasn't looked confident in front of goal for ages but his general link play and work rate have still made him a key player for us. No point getting onto him now.

I'm not saying it was a good performance from Nuge, I've even said he should be dropped but there is an over-reaction here.

Strikers never score all their chances (though he should have got at least one) and our defenders were just as culpable in us not winning by falling over each other trying to create a human pinball machine and gifting them a couple of goals but no one is calling them for to be given death by firing squad live on Foxes TV a-la Nuge.

It seems like the majority on here always have to have someone to blame (a sad reflection on society as a whole today imo) whereas truthfully, us as a team were not good enough from the manager to the players.

I think the only over-reaction that I've seen is yourself over-reacting to what you perceive to be an over-reaction, when in reality there's been nothing more than a reaction.

You know I'm normally on your side with most things, but I think you're reading too much into this.

So its actually only you going ott and making stuff up then.

:icon_bigg

TBH that was the bit that stumped me the most!

Holy Jebus, what a complete cock-end

Very topical homer but a tad harsh on BM as Matt B can make a funny some times.

For the record though, I'd say calling Nugent's performance 'a disgrace of a performance' is an over-reaction but I'm off to make voodoo dolls so what do I know?

Nugent was bloody awful. Like him as a player but needs a wee break.

Konchesky possibly worse. He needs a permanent break.

Morgan was crap an all. Although he was playing with no left back.

Disappointing, but not backbreaking.

Bad day at the office. Just one of those games I'm afraid. We were all over them first half and still managed to go in 2-0 down, thanks to two quite lucky goals. The first was a bit of a defensive mix up where the ball happened to pop out to Cox after Schmeichel and Drinkwater got in each other's way. The second was a lucky bounce from a set piece. The referee was ****ing atrocious... we missed a shit tonne of chances and the second half, well the damage was done really. Forest did a professional job seeing out the game and we never really did anything of note in the second half... except for missing a penalty, which summed up the afternoon nicely.

Blue tinted specs or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670