Post Match Leicester 0 Stoke 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only (unless I am remembering incorrectly) had one shot saved today.

I can think of three. Knockaert and Vardy in the first half (both from Schlupp crosses), Kramaric in the second. All easy saves though.

From the live text report:

27:54 Attempt saved. Anthony Knockaert (Leicester City) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jeffrey Schlupp with a cross.

40:38 Attempt saved. Jamie Vardy (Leicester City) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Jeffrey Schlupp with a cross.

68:56 Attempt saved. Andrej Kramaric (Leicester City) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the centre of the goal. Assisted by Jeffrey Schlupp.

He hasn't got a clue what he's doing, and I truly believe it.

The most unintelligent man on the pitch in terms of a footballing brain.

He's our player of the year so far. You and I have very different opinions of him. I think defensively he is a big asset and provides a directness going forward.

He'd be in my side every week (though probably at left back).

Last edited:
He's our player of the year so far. You and I have very different opinions of him. I think defensively he is a big asset and provides a directness going forward.

He'd be in my side every week (though probably at left back).

He was our only creative player on the pitch today - sadly he was completely knackered after the first half. Shame, because there was a complete fecktard on the other side of the pitch, and his replacement was feckin' useless

£17 million spent on strikers, and we choose to play the Chuckle Brothers up front. Simply embarrassing. Simply dreadful. Simply complete and utter shite.

N'zonzi wanked all over us in the second half, and we didn't have a feckin' clue what to do. Pitiful

Drinkwater was utter shite, so was Knockaert, so was Konchesky, so was the hopeless Morgan

Just. Feckin'. Shite.

i often think you are a tad too harsh and occasionally talk tosh......however today you're spot on!

Stoke have conceded more goals from headers than anyone else this season. Strange not to have started with Ulloa and Albrighton.

Drinkwater and King were very poor and follow the game rather than look to dictate it. They dont have the physicality needed which is why we do better when hammond is in the team closing people down. Schlupp was unstoppable at times in the first half and set up vardy and particularly Knockaert for good chances.Knockaerts was a sitter.
we need a settled line up including James Hammond Mahrez Schlupp Ulloa and Kramaric (whos touch looked class) for as many of our remaining games as possible or we'll go down with less than 35 points.
We need two more players in the window. 1 of which is a centre half

Last edited:
Jeff Schlupp was excellent, One more game we lost. More to come. We must move on. The tough fixtures coming up only takes the pressure off and we hope we can perform then.

Really? I really like the guy but did feel embarrassed for him today. He made sweet contact with his shot, but other than that....

Schlupp divides people. I thought he was our best attacker giving Stoke real problems in the first half. However, most of the people around me were critical of him. Rasputin made a wonderful save in the second half. People complain about his distribution (rightly) but he is a good shopstopper.

Our poor second half was partly due to Stoke's professionalism. Once they got a goal in front they concentrated on make us ineffective and did it well. I have always thought Crouch was a better player with his feet than he is given credit for and in the last few minutes he almost scored a wonder goal.

There seemed to be no lack of effort or lack of spirit but we did lack quality when we attacked.

I hesitate to praise Dean Hammond since my thread of 1st October turned into a disaster. However, he lived up to my opinion of him. On his way to his seat in the stand he was stopped by a lady wanting a photo with him. Having obliged he then thanked her as though she was doing him the favour. I felt this behaviour showed that he had been well brought up - I will not speculate about the upbringing of Mr Wasilewski .

Well I've backed Nige all year but gave that game on a platter to Stoke.

Negative, not rewarding players in form, terrible selections. The lack of intelligence and urgency to get an equaliser was horrid.

Tonight is the first night I've came to the conclusion we will go down. Even looked at the Championship table for away days next year.

Last edited:
Well I've backed Nige all year but gave that game on a platter to Stoke.

Negative, not rewarding players in form, terrible selections. The lack of intelligence and urgency to get an equaliser was horrid.

Tonight is the first night I've came to the conclusion we will go down. Even looked at the Championship table for away days next year.

To be fair as soon as I saw Nugent and Vardy up front I thought we would lose.

For the first twenty minutes they ruled the game and although we came back into it in small patches I don't think stoke will get an easier three points away from home this season - we were woeful.

I am bemused as to why Ulloa wasn't picked in the starting eleven - if it was purely so that we could play a shorter game then no one could have spoken to the players. I still find it incredibly frustrating that we don't play an attacker who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up yet we hoof it high to our short two attackers.

It was painfully clear after ten minutes we had set up wrong, so why wait until about seventy minutes in to change something that was painfully and obviously wrong before a ball was even kicked?

I would love to see the stats showing how many times each team won the second ball - I would be stunned if we were any better than 20% with Stoke winning 80% of second balls.

All in all they made us look childish.

If you are playing that deep, you need a physical presence up front to hold the ball up. The midfield should have played twenty yards higher up the pitch. Stoke are the worst for conceding from set pieces and crosses yet we chose to not play our best assets on these points.

I think we all seen for periods against Liverpool, Spurs and Villa; that teams don't like being attacked, ran at and having to play at a high tempo. We maybe not be good enough quality wise but play at a high tempo, get the opposition on the backfoot and you find on most occasions that things begin to drop your way. Simply aimlessly hoofing with no angle on a cross is what if football. There's no issue with being direct as long as it's done with some intelligence.

What did Peestain say?

Was going to watch this delayed due to time difference. Couldn't help it had to sneak a look at the score.

I see it there are several key results that have influenced this season. Giving away the win at home to Burnley, West Brom at home. Long way to go but we needed to win this one.

Disappointing to hear how flat we were. Stoke City for ****s sake, any half decent Championship side would fancy their chances at home to them.

Sorry Pearson, I'm glad to see you get your chance but you got it wrong again.

Not picking Albrighton after his performances against Newcastle and Villa and starting with Nugent and Vardy up-front today was ****ing ridiculous.

Pearsons fault today, wrong forward line. Not playing ulloa, means you can't keep hoofing the ball forward, which we did on numerous occasions.vardy didn't offer a lot, nuge and ulloa look much better together. Danny Simpson was very poor, defensively I don't think he is any better than de laet but de laet offers more going forward. Hamer made a great save but that only softens the numerous poor clearances.

Last edited:
Damn it! Really wanted us to win this one and her in touch. Typical Leicester though as we know and we'll probably beat man u now.

I cant fathom Pearson. He seems to be getting back on track then makes disastrous mistakes like yesterday's team selection. Of course he was limited for choices in midfield but he seems to have willfully gone with seriously bad choices in attack.

Difficult to see where we go from here .... unrewarding looking run of matches coming up then matches starting to run out.

Basically, the club got it all wrong last summer and are left with glaring weaknesses. Difficult to manage a situation with fairly big money forward signings/ high wages in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669