Post Match Leicester 0 Sunderland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players did well today. Schmeichel had his best game of the season. Wasyl and Morgan were solid and strong. James and Cambiasso both played well. Mahrez and Ulloa gave decent displays.

Vardy and De Laet were mind-numbingly awful yet again. Schlupp seemed to think he only has to play one minute in every ten. Konchesky was moderate.

Sunderland were the better side, better shape, incisive and clever set pieces but couldn't get the goal. We hustled about but didn't really look up to much. Aside from James's runs and an occasional moment from Mahrez, we didn't look threatening. All three substitutions made us worse.

The bottom line is that if we play like that every game, we'll easily go down. However, it was definitely a better display than the last few.

Massive, massive game next week.

I don't think I could disagree with you more, you'll not be surprised to know. De Laet had by far his best game for a whil,, we had far more dangerous attacks than them and were unlucky not to grab a goal. They attacked well on the break but didn't threaten much thanks to our solid defending. Each to their own.

The problem with Mahrez is his inconsistencies. As Pearson alluded to on the radio, if he isn't pulling his weight when we don't have the ball then he gets dropped. Today he did, I hope he continues to.
While I agree he is inconsistent, given our current lack of goals and lack of ideas shown in the two games prior to this, it is a must he plays in games like today regardless of his sometimes lack of defensive cover.

Two terrible, terrible teams, laying terrible, terrible football.

At least we had some spark and nvention, compared to recent games, but dear God the quality was shocking.

Up front, Vardy was beyond awful. Stunk the place out, and should have been subbed at half time. Why he was left on the pitch for so long was baffling, to say the least. JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

The most disappointing thing was our distribution, and dreadful execution of pointless long balls, despite having the width we've needed for weeks standing idle. Prime culprit of this was De Laet, who was feckin' embarrassing at times. Four more years of watching that tool is going to be hard work. Wasyl was also to blame for this strange approach. I suppose the last five games or so have taken their toll. It was pitiful.

Morgan was superb, and covered well for the idiots around him. The midfield played well, in my opinion. Much improved all round.

Five odd hours without a goal. Simply unacceptable

I quite enjoyed it. Strange eh?

Yes, strange indeed.

We were better in terms of width but once we got into the final third of the pitch our momentum and ideas were non-existent.

Today was a Championship quality game with for the most part Championship quality players on display.

Relegation fodder I'm afraid without significant changes in January.

We are heading for sub 35 points on the past 12 games . In fact 32.

That Albrighton must be proper dire at training to not be considered.

The midfield were fine, alex - no need for a shitearse like Albrighton, if they can play like that.

Front and back, however, is a different story

Not quite sure how you worked that out? Anyway based on that logic, Southampton will finish 2nd and Newcastle will finish 5th. It's a long old season í*½í¸„

Sorry, a typo. What I was trying to say was that over the past 12 games we have amassed a massive 10 points. If we carry on in the same vein until the end of season we will gain 32 points.

Not the best performance obviously but it stops the rot, and I think the clean sheet will be good for confidence. It's also an indication that there is a system we can play that will enable us to be competitive and I hope we use this as a foundation rather than changing everything completely next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669