Post Match Leicester 0 Sunderland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see width and more like our usual shape of last season. Goals will come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Nigel, stick with that same starting 11 next week.

If only Matty James could finish he'd be a great midfielder. But then I suppose he wouldn't be playing for us. I've been critical of him so far this season but today I thought he was much improved.

I thought Matty James was our best player today. Our shape was much better and looked more likely to win this one than we have in our last few games.

Mahrez has to start whenever possible, he is the only one who looks like he can create something for us. James was excellent today. Thought Morgan and Wasyl coped really well with Wickham and Fletcher who were both a handful. Ulloa was a real handful today and I was disappointed to see him go off, particualrly given the situation where we needed a goal.

Thought we should have had a penalty for the foul on Riyad, but as with other numerous decisions in the game the ref bottled it.

Feeling more positive after today, definitely looked like we could score and felt we were the better side. All we need to do is take our chances and we will be just fine.

Newcastle are up to 4th, not so long ago they were struggling. Keep the faith.

Mahrez has to start whenever possible, he is the only one who looks like he can create something for us. James was excellent today. Thought Morgan and Wasyl coped really well with Wickham and Fletcher who were both a handful. Ulloa was a real handful today and I was disappointed to see him go off, particualrly given the situation where we needed a goal.

Thought we should have had a penalty for the foul on Riyad, but as with other numerous decisions in the game the ref bottled it.

Feeling more positive after today, definitely looked like we could score and felt we were the better side. All we need to do is take our chances and we will be just fine.

Newcastle are up to 4th, not so long ago they were struggling. Keep the faith.

The problem with Mahrez is his inconsistencies. As Pearson alluded to on the radio, if he isn't pulling his weight when we don't have the ball then he gets dropped. Today he did, I hope he continues to.

Eh? What doesn't make sense as a question?

Did we play 4-4-2. I'm just fed up of people trying to assign fixed ideas to what is an ever more fluid game. When we defended we tended to have two banks of four but when attacking had sometimes as many as 8 players around their box. Mahrez spent equal time out wide as in the middle and Schlupp spent time further back than forward.

I didn't mean to take it out on you, I'm just pissed off from hearing knobheads on the radio bleating on about Championship Manager induced ideas of playing.

Last edited:
Some players did well today. Schmeichel had his best game of the season. Wasyl and Morgan were solid and strong. James and Cambiasso both played well. Mahrez and Ulloa gave decent displays.

Vardy and De Laet were mind-numbingly awful yet again. Schlupp seemed to think he only has to play one minute in every ten. Konchesky was moderate.

Sunderland were the better side, better shape, incisive and clever set pieces but couldn't get the goal. We hustled about but didn't really look up to much. Aside from James's runs and an occasional moment from Mahrez, we didn't look threatening. All three substitutions made us worse.

The bottom line is that if we play like that every game, we'll easily go down. However, it was definitely a better display than the last few.

Massive, massive game next week.

Some players did well today. Schmeichel had his best game of the season. Wasyl and Morgan were solid and strong. James and Cambiasso both played well. Mahrez and Ulloa gave decent displays.

Vardy and De Laet were mind-numbingly awful yet again. Schlupp seemed to think he only has to play one minute in every ten. Konchesky was moderate.

Sunderland were the better side, better shape, incisive and clever set pieces but couldn't get the goal. We hustled about but didn't really look up to much. Aside from James's runs and an occasional moment from Mahrez, we didn't look threatening. All three substitutions made us worse.

The bottom line is that if we play like that every game, we'll easily go down. However, it was definitely a better display than the last few.

Massive, massive game next week.

The difference in set pieces was remarkable.

I remain pessimistic.

Grumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572