Post Match Leicester 0 West Bromwich Albion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
An own goal against a team that didnt look like scoring... pish.

On the plus side, we played a lot better than last week.

Last edited:
Better performance, didn't deserve to lose that one.

Incidentally - QPR and Burnley both lost.

Sunderland play Crystal Palace. If they draw, we stay in 17th. If Palace win, we stay in 17th. If Sunderland win by more than 2 goals... we stay in 17th. 1-0 or 2-0, and we're in the drop zone.

Only thing that will keep us up is QPR Burnley and pray that someone else falls apart.

Don't know where the next win is coming from.

As distraught as sports can make me at the moment. We are desperate.

Only thing that will keep us up is QPR Burnley and pray that someone else falls apart.

Did you find a stream to watch the game? I'm a lot more hopeful than I was after Newcastle...

Last edited:

There's a long way to go yet...if youre distraught now I dread to think what you'll be like come March.

We're getting ourselves into trouble. The Burnley result is looking less and less like a freak result, and this one was pretty bad. I am sure Nige will get us out of it, but there is a bit too much tinkering going on with the team for my liking.

Better ****ing performance. It was absolute dire and we had no ****ing clue. I can't be arsed to comment on many individuals but for what it is worth, Drinkwater looks like he has lost his brain, Cambiasso is the wrong player for this team, De Laet and Nugent are out of their depth. We have dropped Mahrez to the bench. The one player who looks like he can create a chance. Awful awful football. I never thought the joys of last season were all in aid of this terrible shite.

Very disappointed to lose that. Desperately unlucky own goal loses us the game after a better performance.

We played a lot better today than we have been recently, so I'm relatively happy with the performance - just gutted about the result! A win would've been a welcome boost here, especially with Southampton to play next.

We were the better team up until the goal and then they had a 5/10 spell after that but then were just happy to ride out their 1-0 win. We had chances and some that we probably should've taken.

Guttted

Did you find a stream to watch the game? I'm a lot more hopeful than I was after Newcastle...

Watched it.

Goal was very unfortunate.

That said, we really are lacking in quality when it comes to the final pass.

And most disturbing for me is that it doesn't look particularly difficult for the opposition. Those thinking today was better aren't understanding that west Brom basically dared us to break them down.

Last edited:
Watched it.

Goal was very unfortunate.

That said, we really are lacking in quality when it comes to the final pass.

And most disturbing for me is that it doesn't look particularly difficult for the opposition. Those thinking today was better aren't understanding that west Brom basically dared us to break them down.

Spot on. By the end they were laughing at our ineptitude. They were easily better than us.

Better ****ing performance. It was absolute dire and we had no ****ing clue.

It wasn't great, but it was still better than the last couple of games. We looked solid at the back and never looked in danger of conceding, and we created more chances than we have been doing. Nowhere near good enough though. The attitude the players had early in the season seams to have changed, they're not playing with the same intensity.

It was bad. West Brom didn't have to try too hard and that isn't because we are shit, it is because we were negative.

I'm for keeping Pearson in charge however the season pans out and I'll stick by that. But if he keeps approaching games the way he has been recently then we are going down. I'm convinced that most if our players are good enough for this league if they're played to their strengths.

Last edited:
I think it's unfair for people to say that was easy for West Brom.

If it was 'easy', they would've won by more than one goal, would've scored without the fluke own goal, and we wouldn't have had as many chances as we did. We had plenty enough chances to score, the finishes just weren't good enough.

What good chances did we have? King's header is the only one we have any right to claim we should have scored. Although missed chances still count towards a poor display given that you're not supposed to miss them. West Brom barely broke sweat. They didn't need to score more than one.

I accept that it was a better performance than Newcastle and a much better performance than Swansea but I am even less hopeful now. I'm less hopeful because it was another game where we never looked close to scoring a goal. Their keeper didn't have to make one decent save. Even Vardy's effort was right at him.

Different players, different formations, different tactical approaches, and still the same result. I don't know what the answer is and by the looks of things since the Palace game neither do the management team.

Spot on. By the end they were laughing at our ineptitude. They were easily better than us.

Agree with that. Really don't understand some of NP's decisions such as:

Dropping Moore but retaining RDL.
Dropping Mahrez to the bench, of late the only player looking capable of unlocking a defence and creating chances.
Dropping Ulloa to the bench, at the moment the only really classy forward on show. He might not be scoring but there is much more to his game than just that.

Can someone please show the entire ****ing team how to cross a ball above waist height (bar Ulloa).

Last edited:
The reality is this: 1 point from 15 and 2 total goals against:

Swansea, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle and Albion.

If that doesn't put people at panic stations I don't know what it takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566