Post Match Leicester 0 West Bromwich Albion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasil proved today how much better he is than any of our other defenders.

Class above on all levels.

Other than that total and utter garbage. No shape and no clue going forward.

Drinkwater has become utterly shit, totally and utterly shit.

The goal was an unfortunate deflection. It was better but it's not saying much given recent performances. Southampton next, looks like another no points - maybe we will be better in a game where we aren't expected to get anything again! Not sure why Mahrez would be dropped - maybe Pearson felt we needed to tighten things up in midfield even at the expense of one of our more creative players. I could probably understand Ulloa, he has looked clumsy as hell in the last few games - still think him and Vardy is our best starting pair up top - maybe Wood deserves a chance.

Just got to hope Pearson can turn things around really.

WTF ... If Sunderland win we're in the drop zone full stop. They have 8 points. A win will give them 11 regardless of how many they win by.

Yes but if they win by loads Palace will have a worse goal difference than us and go into the bottom three instead.

Laughable team selection and tactics. Four central midfielders and three of them (Cambiasso did well) couldn't pass the ball anywhere near to a team mate. They were dreadful.

First five games this season, we played like a mid table Premier League side. The last five games, we've played like a mid table Championship side (at best).

Sadly, there is no way we'll stay up playing like this. I hope that NP can stop the decline but his selections and tactics have become bizarre. It's almost like he's picking his sides at total random. How are the players supposed to get a grip on this league when their position in the side and/or role totally changes every week? And the one player who absolutely does deserve ditching gets played in the same position (right back) every game.

More than anything else though, today was soooo boring. We were really dull. No talent, no skill, no imagination, no pace, no passion. We played like we had no interest in winning until we went all long ball in the latter stages. And we were crap at that too. They had one attacking player in the last 20 minutes are we kept our back four in an brain dead row in our own half.

Oh, and WBA were absolute dogshite. I bet they couldn't believe their luck today. We were embarrassingly poor at doing anything remotely different to what they wanted us to. Albion were team there for the taking, just like Newcastle and Burnley were. One point from those three matches will cost us dear.

I can't quite believe how quickly and easily we've lost the plot. I'm warning you all now, if we carry on like this and lose our next two matches, the first 'Pulis in' thread will be appearing.

Laughable team selection and tactics. Four central midfielders and three of them (Cambiasso did well) couldn't pass the ball anywhere near to a team mate. They were dreadful.

First five games this season, we played like a mid table Premier League side. The last five games, we've played like a mid table Championship side (at best).

Sadly, there is no way we'll stay up playing like this. I hope that NP can stop the decline but his selections and tactics have become bizarre. It's almost like he's picking his sides at total random. How are the players supposed to get a grip on this league when their position in the side and/or role totally changes every week? And the one player who absolutely does deserve ditching gets played in the same position (right back) every game.

More than anything else though, today was soooo boring. We were really dull. No talent, no skill, no imagination, no pace, no passion. We played like we had no interest in winning until we went all long ball in the latter stages. And we were crap at that too. They had one attacking player in the last 20 minutes are we kept our back four in an brain dead row in our own half.

Oh, and WBA were absolute dogshite. I bet they couldn't believe their luck today. We were embarrassingly poor at doing anything remotely different to what they wanted us to. Albion were team there for the taking, just like Newcastle and Burnley were. One point from those three matches will cost us dear.

I can't quite believe how quickly and easily we've lost the plot. I'm warning you all now, if we carry on like this and lose our next two matches, the first 'Pulis in' thread will be appearing.

Yes but if we haven't won in seven then I wouldn't expect anything else ther than the fans to question the manager.

After a great start we have become appalling. I have said all along beating Man U is a luxury, but beating the likes of Burnley is more important.

We are in the brown stuff.

Last edited:
Both full backs need changing. Simpson and Schlupp would be miles better than these two.

I don't mind playing with extra midfielders, but the squad doesn't support it. Think of how many wingers we have: Mahrez, Lawrence, Albrighton, Schlupp, Knockaert, even Powell.

We have no real identity at the moment and it's down to the constant chopping and changing. the problem is now compounding too because Pearson will have to keep changing it until we get a result. And so a paradox is born. Changing the side has led to shit results, but shit results mean you have to change the side.

For me the fixes are relatively simple:

Get rid of the full backs, play three midfielders, one winger and two up front. And be consistent...give the side a chance to gel.

Appalling result, terrible selection, tinkering and getting it all wrong... We need to right this and fast... Now is not the time to audition players NP.
Always been our way, over achieve against the big boys, but now we need to push on against teams around us, actually they were better than us today in the way of this league and that is, how to win games of football however you can! The abyss is in front of us quite clearly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special mention for Konch who barely managed to complete a pass in the first half, embarrassing.

To be fair to Konch he was given some terrible balls in the first half when he was already being closed down, so he could either hit it anywhere or try to dribble & potentially lose the ball (he tried both options) & for all the praise for Cambiasso on here, he was more guilty than anybody.

But like many others on here, I was staggered Mahrez wasn't brought on when we were clearly struggling for ideas and he would have offered something different (not sure if NP's after match comment of "If you don't work for the team, you won't play" was directed at him. For those who saw the last 2 away games was that the case ?

Last edited:
To be fair to Konch he was given some terrible balls in the first half when he was already being closed down, so he could either hit it anywhere or try to dribble & potentially lose the ball (he tried both options) & for all the praise for Cambiasso on here, he was more guilty than anybody.

But like many others on here, I was staggered Mahrez wasn't brought on when we were clearly struggling for ideas and he would have offered something different (not sure if NP's after match comment of "If you don't work for the team, you won't play" was directed at him. For those who saw the last 2 away games was that the case ?

He pulled out of a couple of challenges last week....but I don't think you play Mahrez for his tackling ability. I will say against Swansea he did look a little...well...laconic?

WTF ... If Sunderland win we're in the drop zone full stop. They have 8 points. A win will give them 11 regardless of how many they win by.

FF is correct. You're not allowing for the worsening of Palace's goal difference that would come about as a result of a Sunderland victory.

You're quite right that Konchesky was set up to fail. He was given the ball over and over without anyone available for a pass. However, this wasn't Cambiasso's fault, he was the only one in midfield trying to find some space and pick a pass. It was the total invisibility of the 'diamond' that cost us. Konchesky got the ball, looked up and his only options were to lump up for Vardy to chase or hang on to it hoping someone would move.

Actually, calling it a diamond was incorrect. It was more of a mini-pentagon. Nugent dropped into it too and they could almost all hold hands with each other.

Both full backs need changing. Simpson and Schlupp would be miles better than these two.

Nothing about yesterday's game was the fault of the full backs.

They had noone to pass to at any time, and were forced into hoofball out of sheer frustration. They both gamefully provided the only width we had in the game, with the other useless fecks holding a feckwits party in the middle of the pitch.

Can't say that I can recall a more tactically inept performance for quite some time.

Pearsons lost the plot. Obsessed with the opposition suddenly and trying to match them. His post match comment that he chose the best formation to win the game was laughable.

Unless he goes back to the system we won the championship with, picked up credible draws against Everton and Arsenal with and beat Man Utd with I don't see where the next win comes from.

Last edited:
Fearing the worst for Pearson.

Hes sending out teams so shambolic that they are actually beating themselves.

WBA didn't need to break out of reverse gear yesterday.

Maybe we could sign some players the manager actually rates in January?

well said Durham, but sadly i fear NP will soon attempt to make our formation ultra boring/defensive

Nothing about yesterday's game was the fault of the full backs.

They had noone to pass to at any time, and were forced into hoofball out of sheer frustration. They both gamefully provided the only width we had in the game, with the other useless fecks holding a feckwits party in the middle of the pitch.

Can't say that I can recall a more tactically inept performance for quite some time.

Oh I agree. That said, Over the last few games they've both looked poor and I always felt as though the position needed strengthening in the summer.

Persons lost the plot. Obsessed with the opposition suddenly and trying to match them. His post match comment that he chose the best formation to win the game was laughable.

Unless he goes back to the system we won the championship with, picked up credible draws against Everton and Arsenal with and beat Man Utd with I don't see where the next win comes from.

It's a problem

Pearson has built up so much credit by the country mile which he won the Championsip - and then stunned everyone with the early performances- that one almost feels guilty about criticising him - especially someone like me who never thought he had it him in.

However..... his selections are random; his tactics misplaced... and everyone knows is stubborn. This leads him to make the sort of delusional statements along the lines of his post match interview.

I think that if we are relegated he will keep his job...on the basis that the club will see him as the most likely person to get promotion asap.

However, it doesn't often work like that.

The club (can't be all down to Pearson) made a serious error of judgement in relying too heavily on too many Championship level players - rather than investing in better quality players. If they had laid down the money they would have come. Players like Nugent are simply not up to the standard for Premier League football.

If Pearson selects wisely and is more expansive with his tactics at home - then with a bit of luck we might survive. But it's going to be close and difficult.

well said Durham, but sadly i fear NP will soon attempt to make our formation ultra boring/defensive

With the owners flying from Bangkok into EMA and then flying by helicopter to the games, I can't imagine they'll be keen on this. According to RL, they looked decidedly pissed off yesterday. I was angry enough driving five miles so feck knows what a 12,000 mile round trip does for you.

I can't speak for Top, but his Dad didn't get where he is today by sitting back and watching someone piss fortunes up the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669