Post Match Leicester 0 West Bromwich Albion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me off two season ago when it all went tits up after an excellent start. Something has happened at the club that has switched off the squad.

Sweet baby jebus

This reminds me off two season ago when it all went tits up after an excellent start. Something has happened at the club that has switched off the squad.

Oh no, Wayne Brown must be back.

But neither of these things contributed to our result?

Konchesky was solid at the beginning of the season, in the last game it was like his colleagues wanted him to look like a twat in how they were playing him into danger.

There is no point in RDL if he isn't going to exploit that space behind the fullback when it appears, which it did on numerous occasions on Saturday. I would rather we have someone defensively sound it we are not using his attacking ability.

Exactly. On Saturday we were defensively fine. Going forwards we got into positions wide to cross the ball time and again even without wide players. De Laet and Konch must have put in a dozen crosses between them, not to mention those from Nugent, Vardy etc. We got into good attacking positions on the edge of the box as well. What let us down was the final ball and lack of desire to take a risk in the box to get on the end of some of the balls.

Isn't the exact opposite of that? If the ref says he saw it and thought no action was necessary, it will be left like that. If the ref did not see it, it can be dealt with afterwards.

One of us has got to be right!

You are right.

What surprised me was the length of time that the player took to realise that he had been 'elbowed'.

I'll be completely honest and when I saw it on television was very surprised with the fuss.

As for City on Saturday? Toothless basically. I thought we were fairly good at the back. De Laet had his best game in ages (he shouldn't have started though). My annoyance is largely at the midfield and their total lack of urgency or desire to receive the ball. Also some of my annoyance goes towards Stuart Attwell who allowed West Brom to play all the gamesmanship tricks of closing out a win. He probably spoke to Foster three or four times and didn't even show a yellow card.

As a long time supporter of Pearson, I will say recent selections are those which mirror when a manager is ending his time at a club and attempts all different combination.

Schmeichel
De Laet Wasilewski Morgan Konchesky
Mahrez James Drinkwater Schlupp
Ulloa Vardy

Back to wht we are good at and what got us promoted. get on the ball. get it out wide or into the channels and get men in the box.......

stop dicking around with Ulloa in the channel, Vardy inside left, king in the hole, no proper wingers......

I'll be completely honest and when I saw it on television was very surprised with the fuss.

As for City on Saturday? Toothless basically. I thought we were fairly good at the back. De Laet had his best game in ages (he shouldn't have started though). My annoyance is largely at the midfield and their total lack of urgency or desire to receive the ball. Also some of my annoyance goes towards Stuart Attwell who allowed West Brom to play all the gamesmanship tricks of closing out a win. He probably spoke to Foster three or four times and didn't even show a yellow card.

As a long time supporter of Pearson, I will say recent selections are those which mirror when a manager is ending his time at a club and attempts all different combination.

Haven't we played different teams since Palace? Are you saying he was on his way out since then?

Schmeichel
De Laet Wasilewski Morgan Konchesky
Mahrez James Drinkwater Schlupp
Ulloa Vardy

Back to wht we are good at and what got us promoted. get on the ball. get it out wide or into the channels and get men in the box.......

stop dicking around with Ulloa in the channel, Vardy inside left, king in the hole, no proper wingers......
We got the ball out wide and men in the box on Saturday. The balls in were poor though. Mahrez was no better at them against Swansea. Not saying he shouldn't start, but putting him in isn't the golden answer.

Ian Stringer @StringerSport
#LCFC have used as many players, 23, in The Premier League this season as they did in 46 games in The Championship last term - 23

Obviously part of that has been due to injuries (Vardy, Drinkwater) and new signings (Cambiasso), but it's clearly not helping. In fact, I'd go as far to say it's the reason why we can't seem to put together any sort of form at the moment, and half of the team are playing like they've never met each other.

Obviously part of that has been due to injuries (Vardy, Drinkwater) and new signings (Cambiasso), but it's clearly not helping. In fact, I'd go as far to say it's the reason why we can't seem to put together any sort of form at the moment, and half of the team are playing like they've never met each other.

Other than Cambiasso, the team that started on Saturday was the team that got us promoted. They should know each other.

No ****ing chance Cate, I would rather offer Marcin outside.

Watching the Palarse game and its frightening how much better the teams immediately above and below us are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566