Post Match Leicester 0 West Bromwich Albion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reality is this: 1 point from 15 and 2 total goals against:

Swansea, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle and Albion.

If that doesn't put people at panic stations I don't know what it takes.

Why would I panic? It's a game of football.

Games appear more difficult once our team has been announced.

We are where we are - and we will have to stick with the set up.

I never thought we would finish above 17th - and would be very content with that.

My view - which is a minority view - is that the squad needed to be much further strengthened over the summer - and I hope that we get a bit of luck shortly and turn the corner. Dropping our best forward looks like a bit of self inflicted pain.

Why would I panic? It's a game of football.

Come on pork pie, let's not be silly. Of course it's just football. In the context of a football fan I'm concerned. Doesn't define my day but does inform my view as a fan.

I'll spend my day with my family and have a lovely time as I always do.

I'm not surprised to see us in this position and playing the sort of game we did today - why should we? We didnt improve the squad enough in the summer other then Cambs and Ulloa and it was naive of the club to think we would do much better then what we are doing at this stage of the season. Yes, I got carried away with our start like everyone else did and for me it sort of papered over cracks which are now being exposed. WBA are a good side who were crap today and we didnt take advantage and therein lies the secret to PL survival exploting teams weaknesses and taking your chances when they come. King's, Wes' and Vardy's chances were there today and lack of quality told that we couldnt convert. Defence looked solid today but not difficult to look good when WBA offered f*ck all!

Come on pork pie, let's not be silly. Of course it's just football. In the context of a football fan I'm concerned. Doesn't define my day but does inform my view as a fan.

I'll spend my day with my family and have a lovely time as I always do.

Exactly. Concerned, yes. Panic stations, no.

I know that's what you meant, but I still thought I'd pick you up on it, just for clarity. Now if I were a Panthers fan, I would be in a state of near hysteria.....:icon_bigg

What feckin' game were you all watchng ??

We were absolutely cacking awful from start to feckin finish. A simply ludicrous team selection left four average central midfielders falling over themselves in the middle of the park, creating the square root of feck all, and starving the team of any width whatsoever. It was feckin' horrible to watch

Drinkwater was utter, utter, utter shite. He feckin' stank the place out, closely followed by the shitehouse Nugent.

Shit, shit and absolute feckin' shit.

The one person worse than Drinkwater today was Attwell. Shocking performance. How Gardner got his first yellow on 80 odd minutes was a disgrace. We were better than against Swansea and looked to be playing with a bit more intensity. However, the lack of confidence needs something to change it soon.

NP say anything yet??

Manager reaction

Leicester 0-1 West Brom

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson: "It took an own goal to separate the sides today and that is an indicator of how small the margins are.
"I have to look back at the game and rue the fact we didn't make enough of some situations. That is how it is going for us at the moment.
"We can't get too wrapped up in the negativity that some people throw in our direction. When you have setbacks in life you have to take a look at what is actually going on.
"We feel we have a lot of quality within the squad and that is in all positions. Today we were slightly unlucky.
"We have some really good highs and we have had some lows. Days like today are frustrating experiences.
"I know what we are capable off and I'm still very confident, given a little bit more time, we will make sure we maximize our quality."

What feckin' game were you all watchng ??

We were absolutely cacking awful from start to feckin finish. A simply ludicrous team selection left four average central midfielders falling over themselves in the middle of the park, creating the square root of feck all, and starving the team of any width whatsoever. It was feckin' horrible to watch

Drinkwater was utter, utter, utter shite. He feckin' stank the place out, closely followed by the shitehouse Nugent.

Shit, shit and absolute feckin' shit.
Absolutely correct.

Playing 4 central midfielders was a recipe for disaster, we barely created a chance in the whole game.

Frustratingly dreadful, completely lost of ideas and I can't believe some form of width (Mahrez) wasn't introduced at Ht. Why Ulloa was dropped I will never know, after he came on we looked to have slightly more of a clue, slightly.

Special mention for Konch who barely managed to complete a pass in the first half, embarrassing.

I was impressed with Wasyl mind, when I saw he was in I was worried with Berahino's pace that he might struggle but he was solid.

Southampton away next lads, blimey.

Haven't posted on here for some time, but as I went down today I thought I'd offer my opinion on the game and the result.

We got it completely and utterly tactically wrong today. Whilst it may have been a better performance than at Swansea, it was still pretty substandard. Too many central midfielders, no width and subsequently didn't really look like causing too many problems all game. Deliveries from set pieces were abysmal. Substitutes weren't great either. Left it too late and Mahrez should have been brought on instead of Powell or Wood.

Pearson's team sheet would have given Alan Irvine and his players a huge confidence boost. It looked like we wanted to ensure that we didn't lose rather than trying to take the game to them and win.

I've been a big fan of Nugent, but it has to be said that he should have been the one to make way today and not Ulloa.

Cambiasso, despite the own goal looked the best player in our midfield. His class told and he was our most creative player. Mahrez was our most creative player last week at Swansea and the game was crying out for him.

I didn't see the incident with Wasilewski, so can't comment on that but aside from that he looked solid. Morgan though looked worryingly suspect.

Very disappointing display caused somewhat by the poor set up. We need to be a much more expansive side at home and take the game to the opposition. We've already demonstrated against Arsenal, Everton and Man Utd that we needn't fear anyone at the King Power and so why we are playing such a cautious formation is really mind boggling.

People complaining about Ulloa being dropped - it was due to a knock.

He was fit enough for the bench, and fit enough to come on as a sub.

So fit enough to play. And should have done

I didn't notice the ref at all, which to me suggests he at least had an ok game?

The refs performance was much better than the City performance today.

We started the season playing positive high pace football and we were picking up points doing it, so i really don't understand and am disappointed by the change in style.
I can accept where we are (17th) given that we are newly promoted, but i would like to see us try to make something happen rather than just hoping that something falls for us, which seems to be the current approach.

I am also bemused by some of the selection decisions, for example Mahrez plays well and gets dropped, yet somehow Nugent seems to be untouchable.

Better performance, didn't deserve to lose that one.

Incidentally - QPR and Burnley both lost.

Sunderland play Crystal Palace. If they draw, we stay in 17th. If Palace win, we stay in 17th. If Sunderland win by more than 2 goals... we stay in 17th. 1-0 or 2-0, and we're in the drop zone.

WTF ... If Sunderland win we're in the drop zone full stop. They have 8 points. A win will give them 11 regardless of how many they win by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669