Post Match Leicester 1 Barnsley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocking. One of Mills' better games but he's still staggeringly inept.

I disagree, to be fair to him he's been decent recently, but that was arguably his worst performance for us, right up there with the Reading performance. Barnsley must have had about 4 chances which came directly from Mills' errors, including 2 gilt-edge one-on-ones which should have been buried in the second half and his positioning for both goals was dreadful (though not as bad as Peltier's) and his passing, as ever, is so frustrating and is definitely as much a hindrance on our creativity as any of our midfielders.

Last edited:
IMO too many of the signings in the summer came for nothing but the money and what they thought would be an easy ride to the prem know it appears that dream has died too many have given up and thrown in the towel. The difference with Pearson is that he will bring players to the club who genuinely want to play for him and Leicester City, the problem throughout the season has been too many of our so called stars and big money signings lack the courage, ability or desire to scrap and battle to win games. The whole mentality and recruitment process of players over the past 18 months has been nothing but a shambles and I really believe that Pearson will change that but he must be given time to sort out the shit that Sven has created.

I agree to an extent. It would be counter productive to sack him at such an early stage. The trouble is we know we have a board with a bit of an itchy trigger finger and in the state we are in at the minute you'd wager potential targets may be put off by the slip down the table.. It's easy to forget though that we do have some of Pearson's players still involved and they have been no better than Sven's crop. I think we made the wrong decision to re-appoint Pearson in the first place and I think the board's decision was probably aided by comments from people within the club due to his last tenure here. However, I still think he will sort things out. **** me he should take some responsibility though... 'this isn't my fault'.. pfft.

So you think the road we have travelled since has been more effective.

We've had nearly 15 managers since O'neill...hasnt exactly been an effective management method, has it?

What we a witnessing is the effect of constant chopping and changing: a squad divided by who signed them and a fan base with no long term faith and a bad case of ADD.

I've not called for his head. I think he deserves the rest of the season and then reassess there. If we show improvement after the transfer window he can stay and build a squad and start the next campaign with a clean slate. I don't think he'll get that for the reasons I illustrated earlier about the owners looking at it at face value. I'm just pointing out the flaws and stated my belief that I genuinely believe we'd be higher up the table were Sven still here. I'm entitled as a fan to do that.

I'll put my hand up and admit I didn't want Pearson to come back because I thought there were better options out there and I feared this scenario come January BUT I still wanted him to succeed. I was happy after his first 3 games but it's gone seriously down hill from there and that's what I feared.

Inept all over the park. Forget criticising Pearson. Eriksson's second rate signings are really being exposed now. Credit to Barnsley, i thought they looked a useful side.

I am genuinely very surprised.

Barnsley should have won about 4-1 - but for the efforts of our keeper.

No one can have any illusions now. We are a seriously poor side with few options within a threadbare squad.

Beckford is very poor and not worth a place but there is no point whatsoever in shoving him on for about 10 minutes.

Pearson needs to sort it out - no one is going to do it for him. No ambitious player with any sense will sign for us in the state we are in.

Excellent comments. A pity the players were not as good as some of our posters.

The last thing we need is a change of manager. Three managers in a season is a recipe for disaster however good the third manager is.
However, we do need some new players. Yes the obvious thing is that we need a new striker to play alongside Nugent but that won't solve our defensive weakness.

I have not been impressed by St Ledger but on todays performance I would rather have had him than Mills. Perhaps we are keeping the wrong one. I think Mills got very close to being red carded for his tantrum in the second half. After getting a yellow card for dissent he really should shut up and get on with the game. The referee had a far better game than did Mills or most of the Leicester players.

Under Pearson we had a team that won League One and then was good enough to reach the playoffs. That team was dismantled. Hobbs and Morrison were replaced by Mills and St Ledger. Fryatt was replaced by Beckford. I cannot help thinking that had those three been kept and Nigel then spent the kind of Thai money he never had under Milan we would be better than the 2009/10 team.

Given time he will sort this mess out that was left behind by the hopeless Ericsson.

Not based on what we have seen so far

Blame Ericsson all you like, but this team has gone significantly backwards since Pearson walked back through the door. Some players (beckford, fernandes, abe) have been publicly discarded at the expense of his 'old favourites' who simply aren't up to it - Howard and Gallagher being the main culprits

Some players themselves have gone dramatically backwards - Peltier and King now look like pub players all of a sudden, but i suppose that is Sven's fault as well

A half decent manager would have coached this lot into the average team that they should be. Pearson has turned them into a collection of complete duffers who have just produced a performance of utter shame and embarrassment

But hey, keep on blaming Sven, spend a shitload of more cash, and watch this side blunder its way towards an almost inevitable relegation scrap

I've not called for his head. I think he deserves the rest of the season and then reassess there. If we show improvement after the transfer window he can stay and build a squad and start the next campaign with a clean slate. I don't think he'll get that for the reasons I illustrated earlier about the owners looking at it at face value. I'm just pointing out the flaws and stated my belief that I genuinely believe we'd be higher up the table were Sven still here. I'm entitled as a fan to do that.

Ii agree with this, give him the transfer window as difficult as it is going to be, if we make significant progress let him have a pre season but if we are still mid table get rid and get Warnock in if he is still available

I'll put my hand up and admit I didn't want Pearson to come back because I thought there were better options out there and I feared this scenario come January BUT I still wanted him to succeed. I was happy after his first 3 games but it's gone seriously down hill from there and that's what I feared.

Don't know what i've done with my reply to gregs but basically agree, if we haven't progressed get rid of Pearson and go for Warnock if he is still available

Don't know what i've done with my reply to gregs but basically agree, if we haven't progressed get rid of Pearson and go for Warnock if he is still available

Ah I see, I thought you were trying to suggest I think we should definitely sack him at the end of the campaign. Apologies

hes working with a few of his own players eg Gally Wellens Dyer, and continues to play them even though they appear to be weak links He never gave Fernandes a chance or indeed Johnson, he has had a couple of weeks to get in some wingers but seems to have channelled most of his efforts on a striker (who apparantly prefers to stay with Doncaster) 3 centre backs+ Howard/Waggy recall is my guess at a NP solution

can NP/Leicester attract quality players? Seems we cant prise a striker from Doncaster or players from his ex club

In all fairness I think Sharp will move, just has better options available to him than us. I never really expected us to pull this one off, with our league standing and his suitors

Last edited:
Not based on what we have seen so far

Blame Ericsson all you like, but this team has gone significantly backwards since Pearson walked back through the door. Some players (beckford, fernandes, abe) have been publicly discarded at the expense of his 'old favourites' who simply aren't up to it - Howard and Gallagher being the main culprits

Some players themselves have gone dramatically backwards - Peltier and King now look like pub players all of a sudden, but i suppose that is Sven's fault as well

A half decent manager would have coached this lot into the average team that they should be. Pearson has turned them into a collection of complete duffers who have just produced a performance of utter shame and embarrassment

But hey, keep on blaming Sven, spend a shitload of more cash, and watch this side blunder its way towards an almost inevitable relegation scrap

I tend to agree that we look marginally worse than under Ericsson but that was almost inevitable when Pearson was selected to lead us forward. Most people would have known that at least half the squad would not be the type of player that Pearson would have recruited.

I will judge Pearson when he's had he opportunity to bring his own players in. Realistically, next season. Ericsson wasted an unbelievable amount of cash in transfer fees and lottery win type contracts to players who clearly are nowhere near good enough.

Can you blame Sharp for not coming here. He would be better to hang on for a better deal going to a Club that is going somewhere.
Perhaps us fans that have all these dellusions of grandier should just shut up and let Pearson grind us into a mid table finish and await next season when he can bring in his type of players and bore our way to next seasons playoffs unless more managers sus him out

Spot on Luke, we are seen as nothing more than a juicy fat cash cow by average players and astute agents who have realised we are so desperate for promotion that he will pay ridiculous wages to any player we wish to sign. Would really like to see Pearson go back to bringing in young hungry premiership reserves and install a wage cap of no more than 10k per week. We have a squad full of mercenaries who have little or no affection for the club and even less desire to die for the cause. That includes many of Pearsons old guard who have all benefitted from extended lucrative contracts.

That is not Pearsons doing but this mentality has to change we need to instill some reality and stop rewarding what can only be described as mediocrity, the clubs stance has changed so much since Pearsons last tenure and it needs to change back quickly.

I will judge Pearson when he's had he opportunity to bring his own players in. Realistically, next season. Ericsson wasted an unbelievable amount of cash in transfer fees and lottery win type contracts to players who clearly are nowhere near good enough.

Will he get that opportunity? It will be interesting to see how committed to Pearson the board are. If Top & his dad feel that NP has lost the fans, who I understand were not best pleased (again!) after this match; why should he bankroll Pearson to buy players that will not suit another manager in a few months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566