Leicester 1 Coventry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dissappointed with the result today, but more dissappointed with the crowd booing at the end.
Last season a 1-1 draw with Cov would have been acceptable, and we lost to Cardiff in our last match - some fickle supporters have very short memories.
Ricardo's fault for the goal sadly, and he almost set up marlon king for another. Looks like hes not used to the counter attacking british style of football as when a more methodical attack slowly unfolds in front of him he is in a good position to react.
We could have wrapped this up early in the first half if we had been able to find the target. Some of our boys are looking a little tired, perhaps they are struggling to keep up with the momentum since Sven took over

Played okay today, but our finishing was atrocious. Yakubu missed 3 sitters and Van and Gallagher both spooned 2 straightforward shots over the bar each.

We should've won that one about 8-3.

Last edited:
Ricardo didn't do a lot wrong. That ball for the goal was hit from 6 yards at pace, no keeper can save those unless they're straight at them.

People have made their mind up about him already, they're just waiting for the chance to slag him off.

Dissappointed with the result today, but more dissappointed with the crowd booing at the end.
Last season a 1-1 draw with Cov would have been acceptable, and we lost to Cardiff in our last match - some fickle supporters have very short memories.
Ricardo's fault for the goal sadly, and he almost set up marlon king for another. Looks like hes not used to the counter attacking british style of football as when a more methodical attack slowly unfolds in front of him he is in a good position to react.
We could have wrapped this up early in the first half if we had been able to find the target. Some of our boys are looking a little tired, perhaps they are struggling to keep up with the momentum since Sven took over

**** off! What match were you watching? I dont think the worlds No1 would have saved that.

That's obviously ridiculous, but I still can't accept any positives from that performance. Okay, I grant you Naughton, but they looked otherw*s* clueless to me.

Still, it could be a good thing if they learn from it - think Sheff U home 96, Leeds away 97, Ipswich away 02 - a thoroughly useless performance can be a springboard.

No one is asking YOU to take any positives from the game.

However, I'm sure THE TEAM will as it was nowhere near as bad as you say.

Last edited:
The people singing "Weale" everytime Ricardo gets the ball, even when he does something well like make a good save are a joke.

As others have said, he's become a scapegoat and hasn't even done a lot wrong. What's more bizarre though is that it seems to be all coming from fans being upset that a very average goalkeeper like Weale has been dropped and they have turned him into some kind of deity based on a spell of good form based on about 3 or 4 games before he was dropped.

Last edited:
The people singing "Weale" everytime Ricardo gets the ball, even when he does something well like make a good save are a joke.
I had a right argument with the **** who sits behind me about this. Moan about him after the match but NOT during it. It could have an effect on the rest of the team.

Shows the intelligence of our support, the back four were completely at fault for the goal anyway.

That's what I thought, nothing to do with Ricardo. The teats around me moaned everytime he touched the ball. He had a decent game IMO, he had next to nothing to do though.

I can only think that the conditions of the loan deals for the four borrowed defenders stipulate regular first team appearances. The merry-go-round today ended up with Sol proving that just like Hobbsy, he doesn't do left sided centre half..

Surely, the reason Sven played Bruma, in place of Mee, is that Coventry throw high balls in to big strikers, and Bruma has more physical presence than Mee. :102:

I don't know whether to blame Ricardo for the goal. I think he definitely should've saved King's shot, it was straight at him. However, I would lay most of the blame with Van Aanholt, skinned far far too easy by Jutkiewicz (I think it was him) & he put it on a plate for King.

I thought Naughton was outstanding for us today, along with Vassell. Naughton MOM for me.

The lack of support for our keeper today was disgusting. I hope that he didn't pick up on it as it was mainly from the kop when he was at the other end.

He has achieved far more than any other player on the pitch and more than any of the morons yelling 'Weale' every five seconds ever will. Bamba was dire in the first half yet got cheered. It's blind opinion making from thick sheep. Has everyone also forgotten all the feck ups from Weale, Logan and Kirkland?

Our problem defensively is when the opposition are smart enough to play two forwards. Our full backs push on all the time meaning when we lose possession, we leave two against two at the back. A simple punt up field and it's a lottery. They took advantage of this until they went in front and then inexplicably gave up doing it.

It also looks to me like we've got four inexperienced defenders that want to attack more than they want to defend. Only Naughton actually adds to the attack though. They need to focus on the basics.

Why was Abe played further ahead than Wellens? Why was King again playing too advanced so most of the game passed him by? Why was our most effective attacker by a mile (Vassell) isolated on the right wing? All silly and unnecessary.

Cov were woeful in the second half and we lacked the sophistication to tear them to shreds as they deserved. We too rarely just retained possession. This intimidates opposition at this level and we can do it for fun yet for some reason we snatched at everything and were careless today.

Our squad is strong and it really doesn't matter who plays. I trust in Sven to sort things this week and QPR hold no fear for me. Beat them on Saturday and we'll be back on track.

Just have to third the praise of the last two posts for Vassell. Thought he was excellent today and MOTM for me, chased down everything and held the ball up really well. Thought he was unlucky to come off as he felt he was our best option for getting back into the game.

Last edited:
Should have wrapped the game up in first twenty minutes,a bit more composure in front of goal then we would have been talking about a good win.

Second half we became a bit predictable....i think against teams who stifle you the tempo has to be quicker.

We played the usual nice build up slow passing football....but the time we got in and around there goal they had everybody back,and our crosses were easily cut out.

As others have said, he's become a scapegoat and hasn't even done a lot wrong. What's more bizarre though is that it seems to be all coming from fans being upset that a very average goalkeeper like Weale has been dropped and they have turned him into some kind of deity based on a spell of good form based on about 3 or 4 games before he was dropped.

Spot on.

These are the same people that used to worship huuuuuuume. I think this board calls them mongies?

I think people are overdoing the negatives. IMO we were much better than against Bristol City when we won.

Some of our passing was superb and until close to the end I expected us to win. There was some excellent build up play. Sadly we failed to capitalise on chances - Yak expecially missed a very good chance.

Our ball control in the box especially by Yak and Vassell was often good and I thought they were always likely to get a penalty - to be fair I thought the ref was correct in the appeals he turned down.

Then there was sheer luck - balls that could have gone anywhere seemed to go to the Coventry defenders. After last weeks winner we should not complain if sometimes we do not get the bounce of the ball.

The lack of support for our keeper today was disgusting. I hope that he didn't pick up on it as it was mainly from the kop when he was at the other end.

He has achieved far more than any other player on the pitch and more than any of the morons yelling 'Weale' every five seconds ever will. Bamba was dire in the first half yet got cheered. It's blind opinion making from thick sheep. Has everyone also forgotten all the feck ups from Weale, Logan and Kirkland?

Our problem defensively is when the opposition are smart enough to play two forwards. Our full backs push on all the time meaning when we lose possession, we leave two against two at the back. A simple punt up field and it's a lottery. They took advantage of this until they went in front and then inexplicably gave up doing it.

It also looks to me like we've got four inexperienced defenders that want to attack more than they want to defend. Only Naughton actually adds to the attack though. They need to focus on the basics.

Why was Abe played further ahead than Wellens? Why was King again playing too advanced so most of the game passed him by? Why was our most effective attacker by a mile (Vassell) isolated on the right wing? All silly and unnecessary.

Cov were woeful in the second half and we lacked the sophistication to tear them to shreds as they deserved. We too rarely just retained possession. This intimidates opposition at this level and we can do it for fun yet for some reason we snatched at everything and were careless today.

Our squad is strong and it really doesn't matter who plays. I trust in Sven to sort things this week and QPR hold no fear for me. Beat them on Saturday and we'll be back on track.

I'm just reposting this as I agree with it in full.

Last edited:
Vass and Naughton played well but every other ****er expected a walk in the park. For a change I'm glad it's going to be a month before my next visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669