Post Match Leicester 1 Doncaster 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was horrible. We played too slowly and Morgan in particular appeared to have his head elsewhere. Wasyl was an unpunished thug yet again. We won because Doncaster were a disgrace. They played for 0-0 which initially was understandable. However, once it became apparent that we were shite and there for the taking, their tactics were extraordinary. For that alone, I'm pleased to see them go down. If Dickov thinks that's how to manage a team, he'll never make it very far as a manager. They also brought very few fans and I'm pleased a bigger and better club in Birmingham have survived instead.

Phillips was dreadful and on the evidence of the appearances I've seen, he's played on too far. Pleased he's joining the coaching staff though. Pleased for Nugent getting his 20th league goal too.

The after match nonsense was a bit of a mess to say the least. Why didn't they just let the fans on at the final whistle and then get them off and do the presentation afterwards? Surely, that isn't a problem and it seems to work at pretty much every other club. Instead, we had a lot of silly and unnecessarily disappointing incidents. I appreciate that the on the pitch celebrations are for the players and staff but they're for the fans as well. There really are some dopey admin wankers at the club that don't have a clue.

Final word for Top and Vichai. Hats off for their £42k contribution towards the 'TextEllis' campaign. It sums up their approach to everything at the club and you could see a number of the players making a point of congratulating and applauding them. Tremendous owners.

Overall, what a terrific season. Most wins, most points, best away run, best winning run, best scoring run, etc, etc. The players and management have done very well. My personal stars were Nugent, Schmeichel and Drinkwater in that order. They're all now free to celebrate til to exhaustion for all I care. And thanks for the beer voucher, but I didn't use it!

Last edited:
The game was horrible. We played too slowly and Morgan in particular appeared to have his head elsewhere. Wasyl was an unpunished thug yet again. We won because Doncaster were a disgrace. They played for 0-0 which initially was understandable. However, once it became apparent that we were shite and there for the taking, their tactics were extraordinary. For that alone, I'm pleased to see them go down. If Dickov thinks that's how to manage a team, he'll never make it very far as a manager. They also brought very few fans and I'm pleased a bigger and better club in Birmingham have survived instead.

Phillips was dreadful and on the evidence of the appearances I've seen, he's played on too far. Pleased he's joining the coaching staff though. Pleased for Nugent getting his 20th league goal too.

The after match nonsense was a bit of a mess to say the least. Why didn't they just let the fans on at the final whistle and then get them off and do the presentation afterwards? Surely, that isn't a problem and it seems to work at pretty much every other club. Instead, we had a lot of silly and unnecessarily disappointing incidents. I appreciate that the on the pitch celebrations are for the players and staff but they're for the fans as well. There really are some dopey admin wankers at the club that don't have a clue.

Final word for Top and Vichai. Hats off for their £42k contribution towards the 'TextEllis' campaign. It sums up their approach to everything at the club and you could see a number of the players making a point of congratulating and applauding them. Tremendous owners.

Overall, what a terrific season. Most wins, most points, best away run, best winning run, best scoring run, etc, etc. The players and management have done very well. My personal stars were Nugent, Schmeichel and Drinkwater in that order. They're all now free to celebrate til to exhaustion for all I care. And thanks for the beer voucher, but I didn't use it!

I think it was accepted and expected that fans would run on after the celebrations were done and they made it clear that it was not allowed before; a sensible rule considering the behavior of the fans that did run on initially and considering the amount of heavy equipment being carted around, not to mention the explosives etc. Considering how much you seem a stickler for the rules and expectations of the playing staff, I'm surprised by your opinion on this.

That said, I've always been against pitch invasions in general but must hold my hands up and say I did enjoy it at huddersfield and today at the end. As boring as it sounds, I think there is a right time and place for it. Once again though, he nobheads who attacked stewards proved that there are a minority who can't be trusted.

****s all over the pitch spoiling the players parade were great

Had a lovely day , generally good humoured, a bit of fisticuffs in the Market Tavern after the game did't spoil it.

Last edited:
I wish him all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery.

He's passed away according to someone on FoxesTalk.

There's quite a bit on twitter too saying the same thing:icon_sad:

Yes saw their fans gesturing the stewards midway through the second half.

Must have been trying to save him for ages as they didn't being him down till after the game. Sad news.

Yes saw their fans gesturing the stewards midway through the second half.

Must have been trying to save him for ages as they didn't being him down till after the game. Sad news.

Yes he's brown bread but on the plus side he doesn't have to follow donny in league 1

It was a shame the players lap of honour didn't get to us before the pitch invasion as I would have liked to have the chance to applaud and see the trophy. It was obviously going to happen as some point as the stewards were so outnumbered. I did feel sorry for the players with their small kids on the pitch as the rush towards them must have been fairly scary.

Still a great day otherwise.
I'll even forgive the parents who took and dumped their small children, who obviously had no interest in the game and only wanted to do Mexican waves, play with those flags and balloons and run up and down the aisles, whilst their parents were 4 or 5 rows further back, and the child who kicked me in the back every 20 secs throughout.

I sound like I'm moaning more than I really mean to. It was fun :)

Just on that note, why the club didn't announce that we will present the trophy, do a full lap of the pitch and once the players are off, then we will allow you on the pitch? Would have saved some hassle.

Just on that note, why the club didn't announce that we will present the trophy, do a full lap of the pitch and once the players are off, then we will allow you on the pitch? Would have saved some hassle.

I don't think they are legally allowed to encourage people to encroach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670