Post Match Leicester 1 Fulham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was outstanding

He truly stood out like a sore thumb as being a kbackered old carthorse ready for the glue factory

He's clearly trying to get Utd to spunk £50m on him

Last seasons collapse this seasons results v Fulham, West ham and Villa are the reason why we will never be taken seriously becoming a top 6 club or title challenger, its understandable why on t.v our Injuries don't get mentioned or when we play Man C they are referd to as "City" unfortunately we are viewed as a small team that had a good blip in 2016

Currently we have the best squad in our history with the chance to achieve something special and lay down the foundations to push the club onto the next level yet its being ****ed up big time and we are in danger of becoming the new Blackburn rovers.

Last edited:
Yucky doo dahs from start to finish. Barnes goal was nice, but irrelevant.

If I were Top, as a fan and bank rolling this whole thing, I'd be absolutely livid. I'd want Rodgers to be in my office at 9am tomorrow to explain himself.

We were terrible no doubt, but it’s not helped by a ref that lets a team make 21 fouls and only gives 1 yellow card (the other was for time wasting). Any time we looked to do something they made a foul and slowed the game down.

Absolutely shite selection by Rodgers, but no matter the system those players should've been able to win that game.

He has to learn from this. I'm up for 3/5 at the back as a system but today was not the day for it - and our most defensive version of it yet with Justin and Thomas as the wing backs. ****ing hell.

The players need to get a ****ing grip too though, us playing well and then throwing a stinker in the easier games is far too predictable.

Absolutely shite selection by Rodgers, but no matter the system those players should've been able to win that game.
Agreed.

Sure, tactics and shape were quizzical (and you rightly look at Rodgers for that) but what went on out there was beyond that.. The players themselves just looked uncaring and half arsed. They didn't care. It was a non-consequence kick about for them.

Yet no doubt there'll be more laughing and smiling pics on the training ground, 'bantz' etc. They should ****ing hang their heads in shame. That was an embarrassment.

Any time we looked to do something they made a foul and slowed the game down.
That's good play by a struggling side who are trying to do whatever is necessary to protect a lead. If the fouls didn't lead to multiple bookings, then even better.

The combined defending of Evans, Fofana and Praet for their first goal was Sunday league level.
Tielemans giving it away when our wing back was upfield and in no position to defend didn’t help either.

The soggy pitch didn't help in the first half but our passing accuracy lately has been woeful. Top sides don't give the ball away as cheaply as we do.

I've been thinking about it, following my 'maybe' thoughts and trying to give benefits of the doubt.

Maybe I've been hard on the players. Maybe they're tired and lacking motivation. Lord knows the current situation with Covid and lockdowns etc is placing restrictions on us all, and that combo is having mental effects on us all.

Added to that, some of them have been on a near conveyor belt of football; couple of games a week for some time now. One could understand if some of them (Evans for example) are physically and mentally run down with it all. Money only rewards and rejuvenates so much.

We are in weird times, we have to acknowledge that and take it into account, and it is just possible that all concerned are doing the best they can under the circumstances. It's not just Covid either, we have got a number of key players out and that's forcing us to juggle things a little - both in terms of players available and where/how they play. Of course, it's easy to be critical of Rodgers because it is, after all, his job to manage that - and we were clearly complete cak last night - but maybe he's doing what he can and balancing the resources available.

As I said - maybe.

Last night was a clusterfuck, it's true, but I am prepared to pull a blanket over it and move on (yes, I know, it's not like it's the 1st time) It wasn't regression to norm and we're not punching above our weight. We're a decent team in its own right that simply ****ed up last night.

My bigger concern at the moment is, in all honesty, Fofana. He's an example of, I think, Rodgers managing in the current circumstances. I think we'd all acknowledge that Fofana's a rough diamond that wouldn't, in an ideal world, be playing week-in week-out. He needs polishing (is Kolo still there??) but right now has been dropped in at the deep end because needs must. I understand that. I just don't wanting him fixing into place things he shouldn't be doing - and it doesn't seem to me that he's learning (I know, early days yet)

For me, he's too easily drawn out of position and is often 5 or 6 yards too far forward for my liking. He dives in to tackles to try and win back possession (which is admirable in its intent) but his eagerness leaves us exposed. It cost us against Braga and it nearly did so again last night. He needs that coaching out of him.

I've been thinking about it, following my 'maybe' thoughts and trying to give benefits of the doubt.

Maybe I've been hard on the players. Maybe they're tired and lacking motivation. Lord knows the current situation with Covid and lockdowns etc is placing restrictions on us all, and that combo is having mental effects on us all.

Added to that, some of them have been on a near conveyor belt of football; couple of games a week for some time now. One could understand if some of them (Evans for example) are physically and mentally run down with it all. Money only rewards and rejuvenates so much.

We are in weird times, we have to acknowledge that and take it into account, and it is just possible that all concerned are doing the best they can under the circumstances. It's not just Covid either, we have got a number of key players out and that's forcing us to juggle things a little - both in terms of players available and where/how they play. Of course, it's easy to be critical of Rodgers because it is, after all, his job to manage that - and we were clearly complete cak last night - but maybe he's doing what he can and balancing the resources available.

As I said - maybe.

Last night was a clusterfuck, it's true, but I am prepared to pull a blanket over it and move on (yes, I know, it's not like it's the 1st time) It wasn't regression to norm and we're not punching above our weight. We're a decent team in its own right that simply ****ed up last night.

My bigger concern at the moment is, in all honesty, Fofana. He's an example of, I think, Rodgers managing in the current circumstances. I think we'd all acknowledge that Fofana's a rough diamond that wouldn't, in an ideal world, be playing week-in week-out. He needs polishing (is Kolo still there??) but right now has been dropped in at the deep end because needs must. I understand that. I just don't wanting him fixing into place things he shouldn't be doing - and it doesn't seem to me that he's learning (I know, early days yet)

For me, he's too easily drawn out of position and is often 5 or 6 yards too far forward for my liking. He dives in to tackles to try and win back possession (which is admirable in its intent) but his eagerness leaves us exposed. It cost us against Braga and it nearly did so again last night. He needs that coaching out of him.
I agree with all of this, and we are not the only team to be putting in below par performances in the circumstances. Our position suggests we are coping with it better than most.

I still can't forgive the negative approach at home to Fulham though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757