Post Match Leicester 1 Liverpool 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at our post match headlines...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 256
Very true. Schmeichel needs a rest for me. He and Morgan have had a nightmare two matches.

We would only leave Ulloa stranded if we failed to get the ball to him. Last night was crying out for Cambiasso to sit, whilst James and King fed wide and we got crosses in for Ulloa. King running in to the box (ala Lallana and Gerrard) would have been useful too.

I'd like to see us using a Christmas Tree 4-3-2-1 formation along the lines of

hamer

Simpson Moore Upson Schlupp

James King Drinkwater

Vardy Nugent

Ulloa

What's to lose?

People have said it before in this thread, but had that performance of been off the back of the Man U match, we would feel there was plenty to be positive about.

At the moment it's a number of individual errors which have cost us matches. Our early season defending was often heroic, but I like others thought we would have probably acclimatized and settled down by now. Instead, we're still trying to have the heroic style blocking and defending, but other clubs have worked out that a bit of quality (combined with our currently low confidence) can easily break through.

Villa becomes one of the biggest games in our recent history IMO. Win and hopefully we'll have turned a corner and gained ground on a potential relegation rival. Lose and I think the owners really have a decision to make. Either get rid now, or come out and back him until the end of the season (I think one reason Burnley have had a recent upturn in form is the lack of pressure applied to Dyche).

As for Pearson himself - he often says he doesn't get worked up when we win, or despondent when we lose. That's obviously nonsense as anyone listening to his RL interview last night will know. He is clearly riled. He did lose his head somewhat last night and he needs regain his composure. I would like to see him on the touchline on Sunday until we're back to winning ways.

Oh and if you were one of the thousands of mongs clapping Morgan off the pitch, have a fecking word with yourself.

Oh and if you were one of the thousands of mongs clapping Morgan off the pitch, have a fecking word with yourself.

Somewhat shamefully I stood up and shouted them down where I was, pointing out that he was utter shite and had probably cost us the game. Not an edifying spectacle but they annoyed me so much

Wankers, the lot of 'em

Has this happened at other games? Against Burnley perhaps?

Happened with manure too. I saw a bloke in my row last night with one of these and I last saw him at the manure match with a half and half for that as well. Twat will probably have one against Chelsea in the future too.

Somewhat shamefully I stood up and shouted them down where I was, pointing out that he was utter shite and had probably cost us the game. Not an edifying spectacle but they annoyed me so much

Wankers, the lot of 'em

I did the same

If he had stayed on the pitch we still might have had a chance, it was unlikely ( IMO ) that Gerrard would have scored, he had plenty of ground still to cover. Having said that, even with ten men for a third of the game we had more shots, more shots on target and more corners than Liverpool. Woeful defending ( and keeping ) cost us in the end. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to my trip to Villa Park, but I think we might come away empty handed, things just aren't going our way. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
If he had stayed on the pitch we still might have had a chance, it was unlikely ( IMO ) that Gerrard would have scored, he had plenty of ground still to cover. Having said that, even with ten men for a third of the game we had more shots, more shots on target and more corners than Liverpool. Woeful defending ( and keeping ) cost us in the end. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to my trip to Villa Park, but I think we might come away empty handed, things just aren't going our way. Hope I'm wrong.
Gerrard's goal came when Morgan was still on the pitch. Actually it was a brilliant pass from Morgan that set up Gerrard....

Edit; I hope you're wrong too

Last edited:
Individually i thought the players did ok, maybe Kasper could have done slightly better with the goals, but RDL had a decent game considering i for one was pushing for him to be dropped. The players put effort into the match even when reduced to 10 men, yet we still lost to imo a weak Liverpool team I am struggling to pinpoint the main reason why we are on this downward run Only thing i can think of is tactics, we seem to get overrun in the middle of the park at times. Im not in favour of frequent manager changes and perhaps NP should be given more time to adapt to this league. He seemed reluctant to purchase some quality during the summer instead keeping faith with a lot of last seasons team, that doesnt appear to be working. At the moment 1 win could possibly get us out of the zone but when it needs more i will be getting concerned

Last edited:
Gerrard's goal came when Morgan was still on the pitch. Actually it was a brilliant pass from Morgan that set up Gerrard....

Edit; I hope you're wrong too
I think RS meant would he have scored if not dragged down by Wes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566