Post Match Leicester 1 Liverpool 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That vid has been removed, what happened?

Reports suggest that someone in the crowd shouted a comment (don't know what) about one of the players (don't know who) not trying. NP reacted and told them to '**** off and go home' or words to that effect. This riled up a lot of the supporters in the area who started having a go and he went back at them telling them to '**** off' and calling someone a '****'.

Lets hope the person who decided to personally attack him is banned as well then.

No.

If the equivalent of a customer in my line at work swore at me and I responded in the same way I may very well be sacked. Like it or not Pearson is paid by the club and he has a responsibility to rise above any abuse. If it crosses a line (such as including threats or comments about his family) then he should take his concerns through the channels made available to him by his employer.

He can also **** off with his "if you don't like it don't come" comment to Stringer. It's the other way around, I'm afraid, Nigel. If you don't like it then don't come yourself. We were here before you and will be here long after you've gone. I'm a Pearson supporter and would keep him even in the event of relegation. But if he wants to turn on the supporters he can find employment elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Reports suggest that someone in the crowd shouted a comment (don't know what) about one of the players (don't know who) not trying. NP reacted and told them to '**** off and go home' or words to that effect. This riled up a lot of the supporters in the area who started having a go and he went back at them telling them to '**** off' and calling someone a '****'.

Sounds like Chinese whispers.

Oh dear. No need to go that far, if he did of course.

Think a lot of the comments in here are overly negative - if that game had come after the Man Utd game, or at any other point during our better performances at the start of the season, people would probably be praising it overall.

The big problem is we lack genuine quality - to me we desperately need to sign a centre back and a striker in January. Morgan hasn't been great tonight and had an absolute nightmare tonight with 3 huge errors that gifted them the game.

But, we created plenty of chances... Mahrez I thought played alright in the first half, then disappeared for 20/25 mins in the second, but after that again looked our best chance of a goal.

I thought James and Cambiasso did well in the centre of the park and despite being a 2 man midfield, actually didn't get bossed by Henderson, Gerrard and Lucas.

I do not understand why RDL is still in the team, but thought he actually had a better game tonight.

But, we need to take chances when we get them, and we need to cut out stupid mistakes at the back. And I'm worried that won't happen until January when we can get some extra players in, and there's a lot of games between now and then. But I thought the rest in between was actually alright tonight.

Our set pieces are ****ing dire though.

We played well tonight. Anyone who didn't see that needs to pull their head out of their arse.
We created chances, had some solid passing at times, showed a desire to win and to work as a team.
This squad is good enough to stay up this season - but it needs a couple of additions to add creativity and another quality defender.
Mahrez IMO was awful, worst player by a mile. Same at QPR.
Wes had a tough match tonight - he's been good this season though. He'll forget it and move on - it's called a bad match.
Vardy worked his socks off, created chances and didn't stop pushing. He's definitely a starter next match.
I think we need King or hammond to help out Cambiasso and James.
I am EXCITED to watch Upson play, I think he'll save us.
Albrighton needs a run in the team - he has an end product.
Schlupp looked tired tonight but offers pace and a good link with Konchesky - great cover.
Konchesky needs to be replaced immdeiately. RDL got skinned tonight again, needs to be swapped.
KS needs to be dropped - he'll come back stronger for it.

NP was bang on when he said what he did on RL. His relationship with the owners has nothing to do with anyone - He can say what he likes to the fans - let's face it there are plenty of cu*ts supporting this and every team. Just because the fans support the team, it doesn't mean the manager can't share his views. There was one idiot who didn't support the team. Why come and watch if that's all you have to offer.

He is a manager who will lead his team - they are definitely together and one because NP is their leader who will always support them. Ian Stringer is a dick head.

As always, we conceded tonight because no one is marking the runner getting on the end of a clearance. We get the ball out of the box, but someone from the other team is always there with the time to shoot. It's happened over the last three seasons. It always happens, we never close down in time.

IMO we need a creative midfielder to come into the team, a new left back, a new striker.

Oh and those talking about Pulis - Nigel Pearson has never been relegated either. He will keep us up - you must give him time, swapping everything now is pointless. Consistency can only be achieved over time. I hope the owners have the balls to once again make the right decision like they did the last time we faced a really difficult time after Watford in the play-offs.

Last edited:
No.

If the equivalent of a customer in my line at work swore at me and I responded in the same way I may very well be sacked. Like it or not Pearson is paid by the club and he has a responsibility to rise above any abuse. If it crosses a line (such as including threats or comments about his family) then he should take his concerns through the channels made available to him by his employer.

Absolutely right. I once did a job in a huge organisation dealing with complaints. My organisation, my colleagues and me were called all names under the sun by some complainants. I never once reacted back as I'd quite rightly be in big trouble if I did. I was working and I was expected to behave professionally, irrespective of provocation.

I don't condone anyone shouting abuse at anyone but NPs behaviour was indefensible and unacceptable.

Absolutely right. I once did a job in a huge organisation dealing with complaints. My organisation, my colleagues and me were called all names under the sun by some complainants. I never once reacted back as I'd quite rightly be in big trouble if I did. I was working and I was expected to behave professionally, irrespective of provocation.

I don't condone anyone shouting abuse at anyone but NPs behaviour was indefensible and unacceptable.

Nigel's job is to manage the football team - not be treated like a piece of crap. He was very much entitled to what he said. His job is to manage a football team, not deal with idiots who know no better. Besides, your job was with complaints, his job isn't. Also know one knows what was said to NP so maybe he was justified. The manager's job isn't to lick the fans' arse and take abuse all the time. If that particular fan could give abuse, then he should be able to take abuse.

Last edited:
Schmeichel really hasn't made the step up in any shape or form, has he?

Good Championship goalkeeper but he really looks really out of his depth at this level unfortunately. I'd give Hamer a go for Villa, he kept a clean sheet in his only league appearance so far at least.

Nigel's job is to manage the football team - not be treated like a piece of crap. He was very much entitled to what he said. His job is to manage a football team, not deal with idiots who know no better. Besides, your job was with complaints, his job isn't. Also know one knows what was said to NP so maybe he was justified. The manager's job isn't to lick the fans' arse and take abuse all the time. If that particular fan could give abuse, then he should be able to take abuse.

His job isn't only to manage the football team. He has to represent the club and is paid very well to do so. Just as I'm a manager and in my role I have to represent my organisation as well as run my departments. It is simply unacceptable for him to react to such abuse. I have no sympathy with the fan either, but you just have to accept that you will encounter idiots at work and get on with it.

If he has indeed called somebody a '****' I'd be very surprised if Nige isn't on the receiving end of a bollocking tomorrow. Aside from anything else you'd hope he'd be bright enough to realise he is in a precarious position at the moment and would avoid anything which could provide ammunition to those who want him gone.

Last edited:
His job isn't only to manage the football team. He has to represent the club and is paid very well to do so. Just as I'm a manager and in my role I have to represent my organisation as well as run my departments. It is simply unacceptable for him to react to such abuse. I have no sympathy with the fan either, but you just have to accept that you will encounter idiots at work and get on with it.

If he has indeed called somebody a '****' I'd be very surprised if Nige isn't on the receiving end of a bollocking tomorrow. Aside from anything else you'd hope he'd be bright enough to realise he is in a precarious position at the moment and would avoid anything which could provide ammunition to those who want him gone.

Indeed. A man in his situation should know better. If he isn't prepared to deal with that side of the job he shouldn't have it.

Last edited:
Schmeichel really hasn't made the step up in any shape or form, has he?

Good Championship goalkeeper but he really looks really out of his depth at this level unfortunately. I'd give Hamer a go for Villa, he kept a clean sheet in his only league appearance so far at least.

Thank feck someone else can see it too. I've been bewildered by him almost all season. I loved Kasper when he joined us. Indeed a couple of years ago, I had him as one of the top ten keepers in the country. But what on earth has happened to him this year? He's totally bottling it at this level. Some bizarre decision making at times from someone I was banking on making the step up comfortably.

It just goes to show that you can never really tell which players are going to make it in the Premier League.

I didn't really think that much of Kasper in the division below. Great shot stopper but he has never commanded the area and his distribution has always been shit.

The concerns we had going into the year have borne out:

Full backs weak, unproven midfield, set pieces not up to standard and in need of a genuine quality centre back.

Well that was poor. It's all well and good saying we held them at bay aside from the goals but that's to miss the point. We gave them three goals so the rest didn't matter. Our whole back five is well below the ncessary standard, I'm afraid, and we're going down as a result.

I can't say it bothers me that much. I imagine we'd be back again relatively soon. Anyway, we're Leicester City. Bouncing between the top two leagues is what we do. I'm not for saxking Pearson either. I'm quite happy for him to learn from the experience and, if we go down, have the chance to get us back up and hopefully keep us there next time. It's only football, nothimg bad happens when we lose.

Pretty much spot on.

Although what made it so disappointing tonight was the fact that they were there for the taking.

A scrappy 1-0 win would have done wonders for our confidence.

Thank feck someone else can see it too. I've been bewildered by him almost all season. I loved Kasper when he joined us. Indeed a couple of years ago, I had him as one of the top ten keepers in the country. But what on earth has happened to him this year? He's totally bottling it at this level. Some bizarre decision making at times from someone I was banking on making the step up comfortably.

It just goes to show that you can never really tell which players are going to make it in the Premier League.

Probably a result of his early years at Man. City with Joe Hart, whose decision making and ability to flap around in his six yard box like a beached dolphin is pretty much the same but because he's English he somehow gets a pass.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30304343

Nigel Pearson said Leicester fans can "stay at home" if they cannot recognise the efforts of the team and admitted to an altercation with a supporter during the 3-1 loss at home to Liverpool.
The defeat left the Foxes at the bottom of the table, having now lost seven of their last nine league games.
"I had a spat with a fan towards the end," Pearson, 51, said.
"If they cannot see the players are having a proper go maybe they need to stay at home."
Pearson, who led Leicester to the Championship title last season, added his players were giving their all.
"I will always look for the positives," he said. "It is very easy for people to look at what we are not good at.
"I don't like the commitment of my players being questioned. If they honestly think they are not committed, they are very wrong. Maybe that is why I stay in the stand."

And finally, here's one way to avoid the traffic...

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf
BOSS: Leicester City owner leaves The King Power Stadium...in his own private helicopter...from the centre circle.

B34oHj2IUAAv38D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670