Post Match Leicester 1 Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody cold but worth every teeth chattering moment. We looked shaky at times but what a great way for Shinji to score his first at home. Claudio once more the magician but seeing him gee up the crowd to deafening results at the end was special. This is surely a most special magical season to be a Leicester City fan!

Leicester-City-and-Elephant-up-the-Tree-by-SJ-Frampton-for-LeagueLane.com_.jpg

First double over Newcastle since 1974/75.

Thought we got too sloppy and complacent after we scored so it was a relief to get to half-time.

Was pleased to see Shelvey go off but they did look more dangerous when Townsend came on.

It was a very professional performance from us despite not playing at our best.

The positive from me is that we secured 3 points but Newcastle will win more than they will lose from now on in.

Not sure anyone mentioned it yet but Sky came out with a scary stat.... No one has failed to win the Premier League from the position we are now in. Can we really do this?!?
Hmmm - but each and everyone of those teams until Leicester were 'Big' teams full of stars, built on a culture of winning, expecting to win and all this created fear in the opposition - who probably thought - WTF - they're going to win the title - anyway no disgrace to lose to the Champions, lets just try and put in a decent shift.
We are in a great points position - but do other teams expect us to beat them? I doubt it - every match will be a slog. Time will tell, COYF!

Having a quick deeks on Facebook and it's gone from Rafa getting them in Europe next year to relegated this year. Lolz. Thought we just did a job tonight, nothing more.

The positive from me is that we secured 3 points but Newcastle will win more than they will lose from now on in.

They'll have to improve more than a bit judging by the evidence of their performance tonight. It will be interesting to see whether you are right by the end of the season - I very much doubt it.

I was bricking it 2nd half. I could see us letting them into the game.

Saw a Vardy no9 shirted fella walking around Sydney yesterday thought, it was an omen. If someone on here it was me yelling at you like a loony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669