Post Match Leicester 1 Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me. I won't feel I've earned it. I'm quite enjoying the pain. Just imagine the release of pent up emotion if we win it. It will probably leave me numb to however badly we inevitably end up doing at some point in the future.

Like Forest fans with their title and European Cups; whatever happens in the future we'll always have this season. In a funny way it's preferable that it's likely to be a one off. It would be more special than I'm willing to try putting into words.

I've only ever cried over football once. I was 12 and Andreas Möller had just despatched a penalty to take advantage of Gareth Southgate's miss seconds earlier. Never since has it got me like that.

As I've grown up I've come to accept that football (at least the stuff on the pitch - the stuff away from the ball kicking is so much more important) is just a game. If bad stuff happens it doesn't impact my life. League One? Yeah, that was shit, but it didn't actually mean anything. This is different though. If we win it I may end up a wreck.

I sat next to a young lad last season who attended with his dad. I remember imploring him to drink in every aspect of our 5-3 win over Manchester United. "You may never experience this again", I told him. Little did I know. I was jealous of him too. I'd never enjoy football again in the way that he could at his age. I was wrong on both counts. He and his dad moved seats this season to sit with relatives.

I've not seen them since. One of those glorious, transient friendships only football can create. That lad was about 10. He could grow old and never see anything remotely like this ever again. I hope he realises.

Great post Borderfox. I was watching the game with my Rangers fan mate last night and trying to articulate to him just what this means to me. When I hear all of the great comments about us I get emotional as i'm used to our team being knocked...this is OUR moment...we have to try and enjoy it as it may never come around again.

A serious question: If somehow you could move forward in time to mid May and Leicester were crowned champions would you take this (having not witnessed the up-and-coming 8 game roller coaster) over experiencing the ride?
Very , very good question. My immediate reaction was take the Title, sod the ride. On reflection though, we are City fans and nothing has ever come easy. As fans we have stuck by this club through thick and thin and I think we need the ride, because its who we are. The fans of the so called 'big' clubs have not really experienced the downs of supporting their side; and this season is nowhere near as far down as we have been but it's a new experience for them and they don't like it. If (and it is an if ), we win the Premier League it would be something so remarkable that no true football supporter could argue we didn't deserve it. The Club would never be a an 'also ran' ever again, its world profile so big you could wear the shirt and know it would be recognised where ever you were. that has got to be worth eight consecutive goes on this roller~coaster. Just hold on!!

Very , very good question. My immediate reaction was take the Title, sod the ride. On reflection though, we are City fans and nothing has ever come easy. As fans we have stuck by this club through thick and thin and I think we need the ride, because its who we are. The fans of the so called 'big' clubs have not really experienced the downs of supporting their side; and this season is nowhere near as far down as we have been but it's a new experience for them and they don't like it. If (and it is an if ), we win the Premier League it would be something so remarkable that no true football supporter could argue we didn't deserve it. The Club would never be a an 'also ran' ever again, its world profile so big you could wear the shirt and know it would be recognised where ever you were. that has got to be worth eight consecutive goes on this roller~coaster. Just hold on!!

You are right about the impact on our reputation. I'm too young to remember Forest or Derby being successful. Same for clubs like Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. But I've always regarded them as prestigious clubs based purely on what I know of their historical successes. Win the title and we are in that bracket. In fact even bigger, for now, given that our success would be contemporary.

When we scored the winner against Norwich, I jumped up and got a massive blood rush to my head. My brother got the same feeling. Even if we don't win it from here, the rush is part of the journey. We've got to experience that if we are to win it.

I am not superstitious or religious in the slightest (in fact the opposite), but I believe THIS is meant to be.

I'm now in my early sixties - this may be the one and only chance that I have to see City grab the top prize, its an amazing opportunity that my grandfather, father and uncles never managed to witness in all the decades of supporting City. Cmon
Ditto.

I'm in my mid twenties and I'm pretty sure this is the one and only chance that I have to see City grab the top prize.

My wife's being induced in the morning to our first child. He's lucky, he's a born city fan and gets the title without the ride. (Although personally I'm loving every minute) Already I can't wait to tell little Claudio how his real father had to leave him with us to go win the league for Leicester. Still can't decide what my favourite moment of 2016 will be if we do win the league!

My wife's being induced in the morning to our first child. He's lucky, he's a born city fan and gets the title without the ride. (Although personally I'm loving every minute) Already I can't wait to tell little Claudio how his real father had to leave him with us to go win the league for Leicester. Still can't decide what my favourite moment of 2016 will be if we do win the league!
Good luck Richie. My kids have a 100% win record when I've taken them to games. They can't understand the concept of Leicester losing. I've tried to explain the sheer misery it can be to be a City fan, but it's beyond them. My youngest child is too young to know what's going on, but the eldest two understand that we have a chance to win the league. I so hope we do, as at least they will have experienced what I never thought I would see.

:023:Cheers.
Can't believe the lucky swine will probs have a league win in the first few months of his life, when I've had to wait 30 plus years! Kids these days have no idea of what we've endured do they.

:023:Cheers.
Can't believe the lucky swine will probs have a league win in the first few months of his life, when I've had to wait 30 plus years! Kids these days have no idea of what we've endured do they.
Is it selfish, though, to wish this would happen 3 years down the line? My 3 year old won't remember this season, so that's sad, in a way.

The stress levels are absolutely crazy but at the same time I am loving the ride, what I love is that the players, management and fans have really connected, everybody talks about the team spirit but for me it's the club spirit which runs deep from the owners right through to the supporters it's a wonderful time to be a City fan and whatever happens at the end of the season, I will be so proud of my club.

I am so glad that at 42 years of age I am old enough to truly appreciate the magnitude of this season for a club like ours but still young enough to enjoy it, as for my little lad who is 6 and starting following us last season, I have to keep trying to explain to him that it isn't always like this ......

My dream has been to go see us in Europe ever since my dad went off to Madrid without me :(

I never imagined we would have the chance again after the last 15 years

My dream has been to go see us in Europe ever since my dad went off to Madrid without me

Did he get back in time for the Vienna trip?

Shinji doesn't always smile when he scores with a bicycle kick. This one, four years ago, was merely a consolation as Stuttgart went down 4-2 to Hannover96.

Shinji doesn't always smile when he scores with a bicycle kick. This one, four years ago, was merely a consolation as Stuttgart went down 4-2 to Hannover96.

It won't load for me, but I've seen it before. I have to say - in terms of ability and skill, it's better than last night.
In terms of importance or relevance to me and of course my beloved Leicester - not even close.

He's smiling because we are the team he should always have been playing for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566