Post Match Leicester 1 Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante won the game for us, almost single-handedly. The man is a genius and I'll love him forever for that performance alone.

Several of the others looked like the magnitude of the situation was starting to get to them. Many were either below par or playing on memory. Simpson and Huth were notable exceptions.

It's certainly got to me. I hated every second of it last night. Except the moment of the goal.

Not at all surprised that a City fans heart succumbed to it last night. RIP pal. In all seriousness, this may claim a few more of us in the next couple of months.

Mercury reporting that he still alive but critically ill

I think the most pleasing thing about this victory is how adaptable we were. It wasn't a typical Leicester performance as Newcastle did well at stopping us breaking quickly, and kept Vardy and Mahrez pretty quiet.

Rather than keep trying the same thing, we saw Vardy and Albrighton switching positions and Simpson overlapping. We patiently passed the ball waiting for an opening. It might not be our best game, but we find a way to win.

This is the mark of champions, and opposition managers must be pulling there hair out trying to devise a way to stop us.

With the Godfather in charge, they are going to lose a lot of hair. He is tactically in a class of his own, I know its been said before but but in my opinion he's the most astute tactician ever to Manage Leicester City. He obviously does his homework on the team we are playing, but he is so good at reading an ongoing game and making telling changes, he deserves so much credit for what the team has achieved so far. Lets still dream about going all the way.

Nervy as hell that was.

Schlupp was comical when he had his weekly cameo, his positioning would have been funny if it weren't only a 1 goal cushion.

Mahrez was anonymous really, drifted in when he should have been wide and stayed wide when needed inside, on the other hand we rarely played the ball cross field with any pace and tried that join the dots rubbish by passing across the entire back line.

Morgan looked asleep for the 1st half, really was slow to react but luckily grew into the game.

Vards isn't getting the space or balls he was earlier in the season, he needs to run across the line to drag his defenders more rather than waiting for the ball that will never come.

Overall we won ugly, which is something non of the gutless glory boys seem able or willing to do, a result at Place would be unreal, I ****ing hate that place.

Nervy as hell that was.

Schlupp was comical when he had his weekly cameo, his positioning would have been funny if it weren't only a 1 goal cushion.

****s sake Lako. He held up the ball brilliantly in the corner and essentially killed the game off.

Nervy as hell that was.

Mahrez was anonymous really, drifted in when he should have been wide and stayed wide when needed inside, on the other hand we rarely played the ball cross field with any pace and tried that join the dots rubbish by passing across the entire back line.

Morgan looked asleep for the 1st half, really was slow to react but luckily grew into the game.

Vards isn't getting the space or balls he was earlier in the season, he needs to run across the line to drag his defenders more rather than waiting for the ball that will never come.

Overall we won ugly, which is something non of the gutless glory boys seem able or willing to do, a result at Place would be unreal, I ****ing hate that place.

****s sake Lako. He held up the ball brilliantly in the corner and essentially killed the game off.

Our very own Lako appears to be a bit clouded in his judgement on Schluppy, doncha think?

Lako's got a touch of the Schluppy cognitive bias.

Tho I do agree Schlupp's performance last night was poor. So good against Watford, but his positioning yesterday was way off, he'll be better. On the positives Kante is simply the best player I've ever seen at what he does, a couple of times he stole the ball from Mitrobitch, who didn't have a clue what happened. The man is a genius, and yes Arsenal might have won something had Wenger signed him back whenever he was looking, but he didn't!

Not the best performance but we avoided a wobble, now's the time to revel in this marvelous thing that's happening. In the 30+ years of supporting this team I've never worn a jersey with a players name on it. Last February I got my first.. now I have 2. We are being spoilt, let's enjoy the ride.

me shirts.JPG

Attachments

• me shirts.JPG
    me shirts.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
I think last night we were having one of those unfortunate games where the little bobbles and 50/50 bounces didn't really seem to be going our way. Having mainly home games for the run in could be a double edged sword because the tension in the crowd was there last night, Ranieri clearly sensed it when trying to gee us up in that final stretch. Nice to see we've got that old Man United gift of being able to edge games that are very close though.

Forget all the talk of Mahrez staying as he will but it's Kante the one we should really be worried about.

I think I'd put him ahead of Mahrez now as our best player as he just doesn't have a bad game and he probably is the best midfielder I have ever seen playing!

Any team in Europe he really would make better as there is no better ball winner and it's not just that he has to his game. Unlike Makelele who is regarded as one of the best holding midfielders of recent times, Kante is not just that and is just as effective going forward and can beat a player too.

Personally I'd be doubling his money and not even considering a bid of less than £50m as he really is that good.

Forget all the talk of Mahrez staying as he will but it's Kante the one we should really be worried about.

I think I'd put him ahead of Mahrez now as our best player as he just doesn't have a bad game and he probably is the best midfielder I have ever seen playing!

Any team in Europe he really would make better as there is no better ball winner and it's not just that he has to his game. Unlike Makelele who is regarded as one of the best holding midfielders of recent times, Kante is not just that and is just as effective going forward and can beat a player too.

Personally I'd be doubling his money and not even considering a bid of less than £50m as he really is that good.

Agreed, he's the absolute bollocks

Quite, it's exhausting me, I'm enjoying this bonkers season, but it somehow doesn't seem real.

The whole thing is so exhausting but I don't think I've ever been this involved in football, even as a wide eyed 6 year old. I'm still convinced there will be a horrible, gutting twist at the end of this all and we'll lose it in the last minute of the last game or something. We're Leicester, there just has to be. This can't be real otherwise.

I'm too old for this. I'm certainly not conditioned for this type of tension. We are Leicester, we don't do this.
I'm now in my early sixties - this may be the one and only chance that I have to see City grab the top prize, its an amazing opportunity that my grandfather, father and uncles never managed to witness in all the decades of supporting City. Cmon

I'm now in my early sixties - this may be the one and only chance that I have to see City grab the top prize, its an amazing opportunity that my grandfather, father and uncles never managed to witness in all the decades of supporting City. Cmon
I can give you ten years, but will this be repeated, I really don't know. All I know is I have never been on a ride like this. The nearest, probably the 'Ice Kings', back in the sixties, but football despite the same rules (in essence ), has changed so much since then. The money, the equipment back then a leather ball, now we have a plastic ball that swerves and dips, player can utilise this to get over or around a defensive wall, back then hit it hard and hope someone ducks to save their head, or moves out of the way to save having their bollocks crushed. So comparisons are difficult, but the emotions of fans has always been a constant. City fans me included have always been on a roller-coaster ride with a lot of downs but it makes the 'ups' so much more intense and this season is the most intense of all.

I can give you ten years, but will this be repeated, I really don't know. All I know is I have never been on a ride like this. The nearest, probably the 'Ice Kings', back in the sixties, but football despite the same rules (in essence ), has changed so much since then. The money, the equipment back then a leather ball, now we have a plastic ball that swerves and dips, player can utilise this to get over or around a defensive wall, back then hit it hard and hope someone ducks to save their head, or moves out of the way to save having their bollocks crushed. So comparisons are difficult, but the emotions of fans has always been a constant. City fans me included have always been on a roller-coaster ride with a lot of downs but it makes the 'ups' so much more intense and this season is the most intense of all.

Great post Borderfox. I was watching the game with my Rangers fan mate last night and trying to articulate to him just what this means to me. When I hear all of the great comments about us I get emotional as i'm used to our team being knocked...this is OUR moment...we have to try and enjoy it as it may never come around again.

A serious question: If somehow you could move forward in time to mid May and Leicester were crowned champions would you take this (having not witnessed the up-and-coming 8 game roller coaster) over experiencing the ride?

A serious question: If somehow you could move forward in time to mid May and Leicester were crowned champions would you take this (having not witnessed the up-and-coming 8 game roller coaster) over experiencing the ride?
Yep, happily. I'm actually getting nervous how I'd react if we lost this on the final day. My heart rate goes up just by studying the table

Nope.

The countdown, the games, the ongoing comments flying around - and Foxes Never Quit (fearing the worst) - is all part and parcel of the journey.

It's the time spent in service stations, chatting on the train or listening to the person next to you's life story on a flight that makes travel interesting. Leaping onto a Star Trek transporter may get you there quick but that's not how I like to do it.

Scanning the table, looking at the form and comparing games left (six times a day)? Love it. Having strangers stop me because of the hat or scarf I'm wearing? Brilliant. Sweating through each one of the remaining 90 minutes? Wouldn't trade it for anything because it might never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566