Post Match Leicester 1 Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a mathematician. I see the world in binary, black and white, facts.

However, I also have a strange tendency towards OCD behaviour. This isn't in the sort of "I've left my oven on" type of thinking. It's more in the sense or repetitive behaviour (which matches my numbers background).

I am therefore currently trapped in a pattern of repeating what I do, in order to ensure things carry on as they are, and City do well.

I'm currently locked in 5 different patterns that I can't escape. They're all quite different, but each time I do them, we get nearer to winning the league. I hate that I have to do this, but ask for your support in this difficult time :023:

I can't believe Drinky got MOM. It was his worst game in a long time from my point of view. I would have given it to Kante. The players were slipping all over the pitch which was strange.

Not the best game but the best result so who cares

On another note I hope the person who was being treated by the ambulance on Aylestone Road is ok but the rumours aren't good.

Okazaki doesn't really look comfortable that close to Fuchs' boner.

I'm not seeing a smile on his little face.

Who can complain about being 5 points clear again, 8 games to go. 6th clean sheet in 7 games and the 3rd consecutive win against Newcastle after losing gawd knows how many to them before that.

That said, we were far from our best - someone else made a comment about us slipping over a lot, that was odd. Also a lot of the passing seemed to be just behind players rather than just in front of them.

With 3 mins to go, getting it into that corner and blowing 2 mins was professional - in the end I thought we closed it out. Newcastle are really really poor... when you think that was probably their best performance since that odd Spurs win for the new manager... they are in deep sh**

Palace next. Another 1-0 will do nicely.

Anyone remember all those arguments we had about the merits of Beckford under Sven? Christ! That seems a lifetime ago now... I've forgotten how to even feel frustrated at our players.

Kante won the game for us, almost single-handedly. The man is a genius and I'll love him forever for that performance alone.

Several of the others looked like the magnitude of the situation was starting to get to them. Many were either below par or playing on memory. Simpson and Huth were notable exceptions.

It's certainly got to me. I hated every second of it last night. Except the moment of the goal.

Not at all surprised that a City fans heart succumbed to it last night. RIP pal. In all seriousness, this may claim a few more of us in the next couple of months.

It's all been said before this season (including by BN just now) but my word is Kante good. Covered every one of his teammates when defending, always wanted the ball from Drinkwater and the defence when building attacks. He made big, powerful players like Wijnaldum and Sissoko look slugish as he scampered into space to distribute to the wings. More ground covered and more sprints than anyone else on the pitch last night.

Arsenal have been looking for a Kante for 10 years :D

Agree about hating last night.

At some point in the last few weeks, the enjoyment has been replaced by incredible fear and nerves when we're playing now.

I've been desperately waiting for each new game every week this season so we can keep going. While this is still true, now as soon as the game does come I want it over! Nerves, tension. I enjoyed it while we were winning last night up to about 70 minutes but the tension I felt then I never expected to feel when we're at the top of the Premier League!

This is an absolutely incredible season. I just think I now won't be able to relax until it's over! Even if we're 9 clear with 3 to play, I'll still be so nervous as I just keep looking at those final games thinking how tough they'll be!

I certainly can't blame the players if they start feeling the pressure... I just hope they don't! Top 4 would still be an unreal season!

Roll on Palace.

I think the most pleasing thing about this victory is how adaptable we were. It wasn't a typical Leicester performance as Newcastle did well at stopping us breaking quickly, and kept Vardy and Mahrez pretty quiet.

Rather than keep trying the same thing, we saw Vardy and Albrighton switching positions and Simpson overlapping. We patiently passed the ball waiting for an opening. It might not be our best game, but we find a way to win.

This is the mark of champions, and opposition managers must be pulling there hair out trying to devise a way to stop us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669