Post Match Leicester 1 Norwich 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Directness meaning running with no clue as to where he or the ball was going? it's pure luck with him I'm afraid.

Massive win overall but if thought these were hard to breakdown or cynical in the foul then wait util the Pullis away train rolls into town.

King will start on Tuesday if N'Golo is out. No way Amartey will start at CM, given King and DD starting earlier this season.

I think we should get used to that sort of game, especially at home. The opposition now respects us more, and they have first hand experience of how we play, and lots of videos of us. And as the pressure builds our players will be a bit more nervous and less fluent. The same happened to Chelsea last season.
Yes Chelsea started of with fast flowing football last season but they had to grind out results towards the end and - certainly compared to our last few matches- it was rather pedestrian . They still beat us of course.

OH HIS NAAMMEEE IS LEONARDO!
LEICESTER'S NUMBER 23!
YES, HE COST A ****ING FORTUNE!
BUT HE SCORES GOALS SO THAT'S ALRIGHT WITH ME!!

Damn what a lift. Norwich played really well but that goal felt massive.
This is exactly how I felt, walking out of the ground.

Directness meaning running with no clue as to where he or the ball was going? it's pure luck with him I'm afraid.

Massive win overall but if thought these were hard to breakdown or cynical in the foul then wait util the Pullis away train rolls into town.

I agree on his style generally. I think he is thick is pigshit. But twice within a few minutes of coming on yesterday he did their right back for pace and drilled the ball into the box, panicking the Norwich defenders. Who else had dome that?

You're letting your dislike for him blind you to the fact that he was effective.

Thought he had a decent debut. Didn't really put a foot wrong.

There were a couple of times when you felt he could have gone in for a loose ball but backed off instead. Mind you, if Konchesky had done that more often on the other side.......

What a perfect cross by Albrighton for the assist too. Seemed to squeeze through the keeper and defender in about the only place it could to find Leo on the back post. A half-inch either side and it would've been defended.

The Vardy touch helped, although I didn't notice at the time until MOTD highlighted it.

I agree on his style generally. I think he is thick is pigshit. But twice within a few minutes of coming on yesterday he did their right back for pace and drilled the ball into the box, panicking the Norwich defenders. Who else had dome that?

You're letting your dislike for him blind you to the fact that he was effective.

You may be right, I just think he looks disinterested and his positioning was also pointless, he marked himself half the time.

You may be right, I just think he looks disinterested and his positioning was also pointless, he marked himself half the time.

He got the ball in the box which City had seemed very reluctant to do before Schlupp came on - also we shouldn't forget that he's not played since December and was bound to be a bit out of sorts coming on in the last few minutes in a very tense game. I thought the substitutions were good - well done Ulloa and Claudio

I'm far from his biggest fan and have often criticised his footballing intelligence, particularly at left back, but he made a difference yesterday. He did something that others weren't and made them think. When things aren't going your way, you need to do something different and he did that.

I love Schluppy and was delighted to see him back yesterday. Anyone that can't see his qualities and the fact that we've missed him for the last three months is a fecking idiot.

I thought it was interesting to see a new player come into the defence too. That unit have grown up so much over the last few months that it almost seemed wrong for someone else to be there. I thought Amartey was tidy and grew into the game but he wasn't a patch on Simpson.

On the game itself, we're going to have to get better at facing a team with ten men behind the ball if we're going to win it.

I love Schluppy and was delighted to see him back yesterday. Anyone that can't see his qualities and the fact that we've missed him for the last three months is a fecking idiot.

While Schlupp has his qualities.

I don't think I'm a fecking idiot for saying we haven't missed him, like at all. This has been 3 of the greatest months in the club's history without him.

We've certainly missed him as an option.

His pace and strength can really put teams on the back foot late in games. His performance yesterday was a pretty standard Schlupp performance.

Is he as good as he could be? No. Is he bloody useful? Definitely.

While Schlupp has his qualities.

I don't think I'm a fecking idiot for saying we haven't missed him, like at all. This has been 3 of the greatest months in the club's history without him.

Ranieri picking him for the bench days after he rejoins training, talking him up pre-match and then bringing him on as his first change suggests something does it not?

You may be right, I just think he looks disinterested .

From his tweet as shown on MOTD last night.

Felt amazing to be back on that pitch after 3 months out with injury and even better getting those 3 points!! #LCFC

I can't wait till he gets really interested.

I wouldn't say we have missed him that much because he wouldn't have got in the first 11 over the last three months because of the form of Mahrez and Albrighton. However he is a better option off the bench than Dyer or Gray in my opinion.

Missed him o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469