Leicester 1 Peterborough 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right,

Pretty much everything has been mentioned by others but here goes anyway...

Tunchev- is absolute class, at championship level id go as far as saying hes one of the best in his league. He MUST start the next game.

Brown- puts allot of effort in, but he has cost us 2 goals in as many games and his distribution is terrible. I still rate him as a good player but should not be starting ahead of a fit Tunchev.

Fryatt- it was a bad miss, he should of at least hit the target but he scored again, im not complaining.

Wellens - the half volley pass 50 yards to Waghorn was the highlight of the game, and im going as far as saying that he is now my favourite city player and the best signing we have made for some time.

Plus- i got my city shirt :icon_bigg, but i didnt have time to print it.

Two points dropped. We should be brushing sides like this aside. Have we got a winger up to championship standards???

We didn't beat Millwall, Walsall, Swindon, Stockport, Colchester, Carlisle or Scunthorpe at home last year but I seem to recall we had a reasonable season. Your point is?

Two points pissed up against a wall for me

Truly appalling defending throughout the first half - Brown the obvious duffer, but they were all over the place, the lot of 'em.

Gallagher cannot not play left wing, inside left, right wing or inside right so don't feckin' play him there. He looks a decent player, when given the chance to get in the game, so make use of him

Fryatt did what Fryatt does, game in game out - feck up at least half a dozen promising positions, miss at least one open goal that a child of three could have scored, and then get his name on the scoresheet to ensure his selection in the next game

The complete lack of width did for us in the end - you cannot pass the ball straight through the middle of a team who has shut up shop for the evening. Should have brought on Adams or Dyer, rather than Waghorn, and I think we would have nicked it

The one shining light was the return of The Tunch - still not 100%, but still a squllion miles above any other defender we have had for the past few years. Thank feck he's back

Please explain to me who else is 'scoring' this season and who would have scored if playing in Fryatts place, in this division?

Gallagher cannot not play left wing, inside left, right wing or inside right so don't feckin' play him there. He looks a decent player, when given the chance to get in the game, so make use of him

Fryatt did what Fryatt does, game in game out - feck up at least half a dozen promising positions, miss at least one open goal that a child of three could have scored, and then get his name on the scoresheet to ensure his selection in the next game

The one shining light was the return of The Tunch - still not 100%, but still a squllion miles above any other defender we have had for the past few years. Thank feck he's back

i agree with the points made above, gallagher looks decent when we get him on the ball, he had a great shot in the first half which produced a good save and most of our good moves in the 2nd half included his involvement.

fryatt can be infuriating, whoever said he looked "sharp" wasnt watching the same game as me. his general play was absymal at times

great to see tunch back, a class apart

i thought berner was outstanding, much better player this season. possibly due to a run of games, he's also quicker than i had realised.

Last edited:
The mongies love him because he looks like a big thug, is decent in the air, and shouts a lot

In reality he makes at least two or three bumbling errors every single game, and his distribution is shite

I commented to my dad when Tunchev had his first touch, the ball came to him and he controlled it, and placed a nice pass to a midfielder. Brown would have thumped it to no-one, or their keeper.

I am always amazed at other's opinions of the game last night. First 30 mins we were awful, could have and should have been 3 - 0 down against a better team we would have been it's just a good job posh are crap! Woeful finishing by them.

Brown was awful terrible distribution, ranting at Weale when it was HIS own fault for losing possession and then the ridiculous penalty he gave away I for one was very pleased when he came off at helft time.

We have a brilliant manager, who recognised it needed changing and he did including taticd and formation 2nd half we were a lot better.

I know a hell of a lot of City fans are Matty Fryatt lovers, but he frustrates the hell out of me. He should have scored when he was clean through towards the end of the 1st half and once again he was constantly offside because he does not look along the line and read the game? (DJ Cambell anyone - offsides?)

Yes, I know he has scored five goals this season as well. How many has he missed? Shots to goals statistics would make interesting reading.

People criticise Howard with comments like is he past it? Not sure about him etc etc, His workrate is second to none one instance last night he ran the width of the pitch to make a tackle on their full back this was quality his hold up play and strength up front is second to none and he became frustrated last night because a lot of his flick ons were not being read by our other players.

Bruno Berner clearly man of the match and Pearson should start the same players in defence on Saturday against Watford.

I don't think any fan from any club should expect their team to win but there is nothing wrong with being disappointed when they don't!!

I think EVERY fan from EVERY club should expect their team to win EVERY game, otherwise, what's it all about?

Last edited:
imo both pens which happened in front of us were harsh.

Boro came with a plan for Howard, crowding him out whenever the ball was played to him, although they dominated the first half our keeper had very little to do.

pleasing to see that the half-time changes worked, as they did not look as dangerous in the 2nd half. i know King gets a bit of stick on here, but last night his introduction disrupted their play

Agree with all about Tunch -was really pleased to see him.Was it just me or did anyone see how Tunch had the No 9 in his pocket, whereas when Brown was on in the first half McLean was giving him the roasting? I reckon that is why Mclean got frustrated and got his booking - good on yer Tunch! Against Brown it's a bit like a Rolls Royce compared to a 2CV, he purrs along.

I am always amazed at other's opinions of the game last night. First 30 mins we were awful, could have and should have been 3 - 0 down against a better team we would have been it's just a good job posh are crap! Woeful finishing by them.

Brown was awful terrible distribution, ranting at Weale when it was HIS own fault for losing possession and then the ridiculous penalty he gave away I for one was very pleased when he came off at helft time.

We have a brilliant manager, who recognised it needed changing and he did including taticd and formation 2nd half we were a lot better.

I know a hell of a lot of City fans are Matty Fryatt lovers, but he frustrates the hell out of me. He should have scored when he was clean through towards the end of the 1st half and once again he was constantly offside because he does not look along the line and read the game? (DJ Cambell anyone - offsides?)

Yes, I know he has scored five goals this season as well. How many has he missed? Shots to goals statistics would make interesting reading.

People criticise Howard with comments like is he past it? Not sure about him etc etc, His workrate is second to none one instance last night he ran the width of the pitch to make a tackle on their full back this was quality his hold up play and strength up front is second to none and he became frustrated last night because a lot of his flick ons were not being read by our other players.

Bruno Berner clearly man of the match and Pearson should start the same players in defence on Saturday against Watford.

100% agree........:038::038::038::038: but I can still see Weale being a liability.

I can still see Weale being a liability.

Any particular reason why you think this? He's only conceded 5 goals this season and I can't recall one where he really could have done anything about it or made a mistake? Looks like a great buy to me so far.

We were shit in the first half and slightly less shit in the second. We deserved to be 2 or 3 down at the break so thank feck they couldn't shoot. We're looking more reactive than proactive at the minute, I don't think we've taken a lead into half time yet this season.

Positives - Gallacher looked better, unlucky not to score on three occasions (two good saves and hit the bar). The mighty Tunch also graced us with his presence, he looked effortlessly good when he came on last night.

We were shit in the first half and slightly less shit in the second. We deserved to be 2 or 3 down at the break so thank feck they couldn't shoot. We're looking more reactive than proactive at the minute, I don't think we've taken a lead into half time yet this season.
Positives - Gallacher looked better, unlucky not to score on three occasions (two good saves and hit the bar). The mighty Tunch also graced us with his presence, he looked effortlessly good when he came on last night.

we have only scored once in the first half of our league games this season

Dissapointing game in my opinion, I knew it would be a hard game but I thought we would have to much quality. I think we made to many mistakes last night and didn't get into the game in the first half at all, second half was improved but far from how well we can play. As for individuals I thought Brown had a stinker and it isn't his first poor game, Tunchev looked much better and I would proberly give him the start over Brown on Sat, I think Brown is a good player and is quality on his day but he is lacking in form so putting him on the bench for a game may do him some good, N'Guessan was dissapointing and for me Adams deserves a start soon. Berner was my man of the match as he made some good runs defended very well and overall was top draw. Neilson was alos very good. As for Fryatt, good job he scored that penalty because his one on one miss was criminal. Roll on Saturday though, Watford is a good test for us and I think we will cope well with then and give them a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669