Leicester 1 Reading 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solano was much worse than McGivern imo. Everytime he got the ball he tried to play some spectacular Beckham-esque long pass instead of taking the simple option. 90% of the time he just ended up giving the ball away.

He should've been sent off for the penalty as well.

So he might do..........

Ok, first half we looked crap, very jittery and couldn't seem to hang onto the ball for more than a couple of passes but we still created more around the box than Reading did.

Tbh their goal really should've been cleared, and I'll have to wait and see on SSN in a mo if Weale could've done better.
Good build up play for Waggy's goal.
Going in level was about fair I reckon.

Second half I think we looked better, and tbh IF their player had been sent off perhaps we would've put the game away, after all we were still creating good opportunities.

Gutted about the peno, not seen it yet but at first glance I thought Nobby won the ball.

Dyer MOTM closely followed by Hobbs.

And McGivern was NOT rubbish, depsite what the idiots were texting into RL. One even blamed him for us losing ffs! Yes he was caught out for the first, but I thought he stood up well against Kebe and tbh should've got several free kicks cos that tosser was holding him by the shirt most of the time they both went for the ball.

Ref and lino: Shit. Griffin should've walked. And tbh if he had, Dyer might've done as well for retaliating but that's beside the point.
He missed some very dodgy tackles, including the one where their midfielder looekd to have injured himself when he went in on Wellens. And Waggy must've ran over several black cats for the lack of anything he got from the ref!

Two nervous performances now, time to calm it down and get back into winning ways.

It was a defo penalty from where I sat. Last man, tackle from behind nowhere near the ball. Solano should've seen red.

Obviously didn't see the game tonight, but second half sounded like McGivern did okay.

Plus, I think it's a bit harsh because personally I rate Kebe very highly and would say he's one of the best wingers in this league... think he'd give most full backs in this league the runaround!

None of the players seemed to argue with the decision, despite their being about 4 Leicester players around at the time. You would've thought one of them at least would if it wasn't a pen.

Ah but it's ok to blame McGivern for it all cos he's shit.

My mate said after Morrison launched that ball which went over McGivern's head by about 3 foot that it was his fault cos he wasn't 7ft tall.

He was joking, but the idiots behind us weren't.

**** it. Move on.

Penalty given right in front of me and it looked a penalty. We got what we deserved from the game.

Missing Berner badly...

I am no mathematician but I am sure McGivern has played enough matches that someone could work out the odds of us winning with Berner and the odds of us winning with McGivern.
The teams performance does tend to depend on who is at left back.

I was not impressed with Gallagher. When Dany came on he was not great but he did tend to win a fair bit on the air.

Weale made a brilliant save.

Waghorn was immense and did not desertve to end up on a losing side.

A draw? But we didn't.............

A loss.

With ten to go Pearson should have bought Brown on and kept it tight at the back.

But instead we decided to hit forward leaving the back exposed which lead to us getting caught out at the back. I know you should win all your home games, but with ten to go, surely most people would have settled for a draw.

Oakley was absolutely shite, he does not seem to be doing any work at the top of the diamond, he should be laying balls off to either Dyer/Gally/Waghorn, he just sat there today and did **** all. McGiven is just too slow. Weale kept spilling the ball. Nobby was out of position.

I say Danny upfront with Waggy just behind and get rid of Oakley.

Last edited:
A loss.

With ten to go Pearson should have bought Brown on and kept it tight at the back.

But instead we decided to hit forward leaving the back exposed which lead to us getting caught out at the back. I know you should win all your home games, but with ten to go, surely most people would have settled for a draw.

Oh come on, that's easy to say in hindsight. We were drawing 1-1 and he bought on players he thought could win us the match. Today's result wasn't the end of the world anyway, I was expecting to get beaten today, and again other results went in our favour. I think Reading are probably the side t watch at the moment with regard to who might pinch a play off place. I'd have saturday's derby down as a draw and a defeat at West Brom meaning we will need some good performances in winnable matches before the last game of the season against Middlesboro'.

Last edited:
Dunno how anyone can say we deserved to lose today personally. I thought that game had draw written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566