Post Match Leicester 1 Spartak Moscow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Soumare was ok. Tielemans not his best but really missed a firing Maddison and a fully fit Pereira.

Hit the bar, hit the post, missed a penalty, but no excuses - that is a match we should have won comfortably - but no, we slumped back into this season's 'dither' mode and stuffed up the opportunity.
This competition has been a waste and I haven't seen enough from us to suggest we deserve to qualify in this group.
(Although did enjoy Daka's 4 goals in previous match)

Is anyone going to trot out the usual bollocks that we were shit because Justin and Fofana are injured?

The reality is we can’t defend. It’s all that simple.

That’s a bog standard 1-0 home win with a side that can even remotely defend.

I remain absolutely convinced the Fofana injury has sank our entire season. You can’t go from Fofana and Ricardo to ****ing Vestergaard and Bertrand and not expect a massive step back.

I remain absolutely convinced the Fofana injury has sank our entire season.

We were also shit at attacking though? We started well but then got more and more into our usual pissing about at the back style. We've always been suspect at crosses coming in but Bertrand made Demarai Gray's closing down look world class defending.

They were shite and made it perfectly clear that they were playing for a 0-0 from the start. Quite why we persisted with 3 at the back for the whole game baffles me. Bertrand was shite but at the end of the day he was playing virtually as a winger, which he clearly isn’t any good at. Change the ****ing shape.

We were also shit at attacking though? We started well but then got more and more into our usual pissing about at the back style. We've always been suspect at crosses coming in but Bertrand made Demarai Gray's closing down look world class defending.
We scored, hit the post, hit the bar and missed a penalty. More than enough to win the game.

We are certainly not “on it” going forward, but conceding the goal cost us the points today. We really are a disheveled mess at the back.

I’d also say the absence of Fofana to play the forward ball or run is impacting our style. It’s the one thing Vestergaard can do but he’s so poor at everything else we can’t rely on him.

We’ve had to downgrade in several positions across the back.

I remain absolutely convinced the Fofana injury has sank our entire season. You can’t go from Fofana and Ricardo to ****ing Vestergaard and Bertrand and not expect a massive step back.
Yep, three shots on target at home to that lot is down to Bertrand, and a player that didn’t even play…

Is anyone going to trot out the usual bollocks that we were shit because Justin and Fofana are injured?
Both of those players would improve the team so yep, we might have won with them.

Also, we weren't shit you miserable bastard.

We scored, hit the post, hit the bar and missed a penalty. More than enough to win the game.

It should be. But the likes of Blyth Spartans could have created similar if not more chances against what was an absolute sack of turds that were barely shuffled from the 20 minute mark.

Both of those players would improve the team so yep, we might have won with them.

Also, we weren't shit you miserable bastard.
We weren’t shit?

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673