Post Match Leicester 1 Spartak Moscow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I thought we were shite.

We had lots of the ball but did **** all with it as usual.

And then we let them score with about the only time they got in our box.

We must be one of the worst teams to watch now for neutrals, so boring sideways and backwards passing, no one willing to take a risk and literally no one with the ability to beat a man one on one.

Our tactic appears to be to bore the opposition into switching off and trying to capitalise on it.

Only problem is, yet again, we are the ones to switch off and we get punished.

I'd much rather we go all out from the start and then play the boring stuff once we have a goal or 2 lead.

We might as well bin this off now. BR and our players haven't a clue how to see these matches through.

Utterly amateurish. We moved the ball okay but the players movement was awful. I maintain that we're nowhere near fit enough. Fair play to Castagne who ran his heart out but he was alone. Nobody else put a shift in. Too many plodding players happy to make the easy pass and sit and wait for someone else to do the hard stuff.

We don't deserve to get through the group and we are not equipped to cope with the latter stages either. It's a damning statement about our managers ability to navigate us this season and our squad is just a mess.

I'm pissed off as this is not a difficult group. We've made it look ridiculously hard.

Both of those players would improve the team so yep, we might have won with them.

Also, we weren't shit you miserable bastard.

We dominated possession. But if you’re tapping it between your two central defenders that means **** all.
Bertrand is the scapegoat, which he deserves to be.
Not good all over the pitch today. Why we scored four against them with four counter attacks in Moscow then decide to pen them in with the highest line I think I’ve ever seen is beyond me

Yet another game of Brendan out-Brendaning Brendan. Just get back to scoring goals and playing simple football man. It works for you, the team and the fans. Why try and be clever and slow about it?

We're shit and I'm bored.

I'm all honesty it's time for the manager to wake the **** up.

I'm fed up of watching this persistent slow tappy shit.

If he genuinely can't see we aren't good enough to play it at the minute then he can **** off.

His European Record is there for all to see. It shouldn't be a surprise that we look naive and out of our depth.

Unfortunately for him he's paid to do better.

Im getting ****ed off

Wasn't impressed with lookman tonight
Probably ****ed off that he keeps getting too late cameos despite being our only positive player.

He genuinely looks like Pele compared to rest of our team.

If I was him I'd be ****ed right off.

Too positive for BR?

It should be. But the likes of Blyth Spartans could have created similar if not more chances against what was an absolute sack of turds that were barely shuffled from the 20 minute mark.
I’m not sure Moscow have played the same way against Blyth Spartans! As others have said they came to do a job - and they actually defended fairly well - very frustrating and some creativity would have been nice. I also agree that 3 centre backs against these with their obvious mentality was a very strange tactic.

Absolutely pathetic. First 20 we looked like we'd piss it but then it was same old. Vardy's pen was shite. It's gone stale hasn't it?
Yep. The FA cup was the end of that cycle much like winning the league was the end of the great 15/16 team. Time to chop down the Joshua Tree.

I’m not sure Moscow have played the same way against Blyth Spartans! As others have said they came to do a job - and they actually defended fairly well - very frustrating and some creativity would have been nice. I also agree that 3 centre backs against these with their obvious mentality was a very strange tactic.
They were always going to be a team that set up to frustrate and defend - fair enough, that's a tactic that's worked very well for teams for a long time.

But when you're playing against that you have to move the ball forwards and quickly. Instead every time we had the ball and the chance to progress up the pitch, we passed it backwards or sideways and allowed Spartak to get 11 men behind the ball - basically throwing away our chance to attack.

This isn't new - BR seems to favour this style of play and has done for quite a while now. That's nothing to do with Fofana not being there. You can see those are the instructions the players are given.

The defending for their goal was comical to the extreme. We are one of the most generous teams out there at the moment.

I’m a bit confused by the anger really.

Meh, it’s all relative compared to previous levels of anger at how shit we were under Levein, Taylor, Megson, Holloway etc. That was a different type of anger

Now it’s about the fact that we have a very, very talented group of players, and we have seen what they can do on a good day, and it’s sensational. But fact is they are underperforming this season on a monumental scale, plus it’s total ****ing shite to watch. It also looks like they’re being coached/set up to play that way

It’s frustration and anger mixed together

Definitely a really frustrating watch, but for some reason I didn’t find yesterday as annoying as some other performances.

But when you're playing against that you have to move the ball forwards and quickly. Instead every time we had the ball and the chance to progress up the pitch, we passed it backwards or sideways and allowed Spartak to get 11 men behind the ball - basically throwing away our chance to attack.
Agree - and when commentators were saying 'Need to get Vardy on' - I couldn't see it make any difference because we would continue to play the same turgid way, a slow, sideways build up against a compressed 11 man defence - and breaking through that sort of set up is not Vardy's strength.

Definitely a really frustrating watch, but for some reason I didn’t find yesterday as annoying as some other performances.
You're just becoming numb to the sideways/backwards boring, possession based football we now play.

It was never like this when BR first came in.

Granted our line up was restricted through illness/injury but it doesn't excuse the flatness of our performance.

Personally, I believe we show too much arrogance in that we just have to keep the ball and play pointless passes and the opposition will just collapse.

We need to go out, smash a team from the start and then play the boring/arrogant style once we have earned it.

You should try actually being there in person (not in an elitist comment way)

It's mind-numbingly boring. The style of football has turned the place into a ****ing morgue.

You can just tell that the season ticket holders are seeing attendance as a chore.

Stale football and stale, bored, passionless long term season ticket holders is making it quite shit.

You should try actually being there in person (not in an elitist comment way)

It's mind-numbingly boring. The style of football has turned the place into a ****ing morgue.

You can just tell that the season ticket holders are seeing attendance as a chore.

Stale football and stale, bored, passionless long term season ticket holders is making it quite shit.
To be fair, I was properly annoyed at the end of yesterday's match. It's a 100 mile round trip for me - finishing work early and all the other bit's to go with it. Doesn't feel great at the moment, you're right.

Lads, look at their goal again. We’ve got about 14 defenders in the box, an absolute sea of blue shirts, and inexplicably Moses is on dry land two nautical miles from anyone. There’s an Exodus joke here that I can’t be arsed to assemble but this is easily the worst piece of defending we’ve seen this season.

ADF1A08F-AC93-45F5-9C0F-CCE827691FDF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670