Post Match Leicester 1 Spartak Moscow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Rodgers was as bored as we were - this text from a mate who was at the game:-

“ Rogers spent most of game looking at his phone. Kept taking it out pocket, sending message or reading something then back in pocket. Kept watching him do it entire game ”
Weird

You can make notes on a phone these days as well as text people, don't you know. They have a full qwerty keyboard and all.

You should try actually being there in person (not in an elitist comment way)

It's mind-numbingly boring. The style of football has turned the place into a ****ing morgue.

You can just tell that the season ticket holders are seeing attendance as a chore.

Stale football and stale, bored, passionless long term season ticket holders is making it quite shit.
We could always go back to an empty stadium.

I didn't. I watched the second half on the tellybox and then the highlights on same, said tellybox. Amazing thing isn't it, this here technology malarky.
He also wasn’t as bad as in previous games, so I thought I’d ask. Castagne was clearly our best player on the night, but Cags was a long way from being our worst and actually did ok, I thought.

Soyuncu was one of the main culprits for the goal we conceded. Awful defending.

Soyuncu was one of the main culprits for the goal we conceded. Awful defending.
Have a look at the picture in this thread again. He was the left sided player of the 3 at the back. He was out towards the bloke who crossed it, it’s not his fault that of the 5 players in the box near to Moses, not one of them thought they’d bother to mark him.

Have a look at the picture in this thread again. He was the left sided player of the 3 at the back. He was out towards the bloke who crossed it, it’s not his fault that of the 5 players in the box near to Moses, not one of them thought they’d bother to mark him.
Still think Soumaré was the one most to blame by not following Moses’ run.

I don’t need to look at the picture, I remember the build up to the goal. Maybe you should watch it. Pay special attention to his slow jog back.

I don’t need to look at the picture, I remember the build up to the goal. Maybe you should watch it. Pay special attention to his slow jog back.
Here you go I’ll help with the link:

Pay special attention to him being out of position, getting too tight to the opponent, getting done so easily, and then his slow jog back.

Evans had to then cover the space that he deserted.

I agree that Soyuncu didn't do enough to get back into position for the goal.

However, the absymal lack of effort from Bertrand to close down the cross was worse. As was Tielemans for me, he was the one who could see the run from Moses and could easily have come across. Soumare and Evans were probably unable to intervene in time. Tielemans, as is his typical style, jogged about in a world of his own for a lot of the game. Not sure whether or not Amartey could have taken control but he would have been reluctant to expose the far post.

So, in the BN blame game, Bertrand gets 35%, Tielemans gets 35% and Amartey, Soumare and Soyuncu get 10% each.

Still think Soumaré was the one most to blame by not following Moses’ run.

IMO he was the chief culprit as well. He had a pretty good performance otherwise and the rest of the defence didn't cover themselves in glory either (indeed, Soyuncu was the one at fault for them being able to get a cross in in the first place) but this half arsed closing down in midfield (and I'm not just blaming Soumare here - I'm including the likes of Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes as players who really don't press with any conviction.) Our pressing dissolves into shadowing the moment it breaks beyond the front two....

I have watched it back and remember it at the game too. His fault in it was absolutely in the initial part, although he was effectively 2 against 1. He did dive in (as he is prone to do), which allowed the player to get in initially down the wing, but there’s not a cat in hell’s chance you can look at the shit show in the box and suggest that Cags is anywhere near the most at fault for that goal. Confirmation bias, I would suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566