Post Match Leicester 1 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree with you Cambers, we weren't that good.

Really can't see where we go from here BB?

Can't remember the last time I felt so disillusioned with my beloved LCFC, absolutely generally gutted AND not about 'just' tonight. Spineless. absolute wankers.

I'm sorry Nige but there was more between the teams that clinical finishing. We were second best by a distance.

I agree we need more 'dynamic players' and more of a 'physical threat'. Those are certainly areas we need to improve upon.

Really was terrible. It seemed to me that they pressed us forcing the ball back until we just lost patience and lumped it forward to no one.It's like we were trying to play football but kept losing our nerve.

Just think... it wasn't long ago we were promotion favourites with the rumour of signing Beckham.....:icon_eek:

Pearson said the owners are very much here for the long term. That at least makes me feel a bit better.

Pearson said the owners are very much here for the long term. That at least makes me feel a bit better.

I know a few people in the finance dept and all the noises from there are positive. Talk of backing NP reasonably significantly again this summer, although there will also be pressure to get rid of a lot of the deadwood (even if some of it does have to be written off).

Really can't see where we go from here BB?

Can't remember the last time I felt so disillusioned with my beloved LCFC, absolutely generally gutted AND not about 'just' tonight. Spineless. absolute wankers.

Like it or not Pearson will almost certainly be in charge for the 1st game next season. The most disappointing thing this season imo is the complete and utter lack of improvement with this current crop of players. Seeing that Pearson has been back for most of the season, i would have expected the level of teamwork, performances, and confidence to have gone up to an extent where next season should be eagerly anticipated.
Instead the season is ending in such a whimper that the club and fans have absolutely no momentum for next season. Pearson needs to work some miracles in the summer.

I thought Konchesky was hopeless

Lost count of the amount of times he squandered possession for no reason whatsoever.

Awful

Spent most of his time sniggering with Nolan! As an ex-Hammer, he was probably quite pleased with the result. He is past his best and is vulnerable against any pacy winger. A younger, more athletic replacement is required.

That was hard on the eyes. (hard on the ears as well!).
A season that promised so much, ends so miserably.
I've supported City since the 60's, so know what a rollercoaster of a ride it can be.
It is this that makes me feel optimistic at the start of every season, however, it is plain to see that there is a bloody lot of work needed to be done to feel any glimmer of optimism for next season

In view of the amount that we spent, and the level we are playing at, this season has to be about the worst since I started following City in the early 1970s. I know that we were relegated to League 1 but we didn't have the financial backing that we now have.

Can't understand the negativity towards Drinkwater, his Partner was Bamba. Hopefully people will stop banging on about him in midfield now.

In all fairness Bamba looked far more of a threat than Drinkwater and Drinkwater was absent in the first half too

Konchesky is over rated in my opinion.
But I've only been to three matches this season so maybe he's played well in the games I've not seen.

Thank goodness. I thought it was only me. Going forward he is good but he is far too easily beaten. I honestly cannot understand how he played for England.

We went out with a plan that had to change when Wellens went off and the when we lost King. We are woefully under numbers in midfield.

True, but we improved after Wellens went off, so your argument falls down there.

Right then...

It's like this. We were DREADFUL. Again. There is no glimpse of a 'team' there, just a bunch of players. There is no glimpse of a plan there, certainly no plan b, c, or actually a. Just two banks of four and two up top and knock it down the line, it's truly dire.

For this to work, we need a lot in the summer, and by a LOT i mean leaving and coming. Out must go the over-paid nonsense and in must come the balance of youth and experience.

The defence tonight looked truly comedy. There is no cohesion or understanding there, yet Mills is expelled.
The midfield is lacking any output. I think Drinkwater is a younger Wellens, they cannot pay together. Also, any midfield needs to be able to pass to a front line or wingers who know what they're doing and where they should be.
The forward line has promise, although, Waghorn on instead of Vassell? Strange. Waghorn is smoke & mirrors personified I fear, Beckford and Nugent could be handy, but need much better service which they might get when they move.

In all, we got out witted by a poor WHUFC team.

I am tired of us being so poor, especially when the funds are on tap, or certainly, no excuse.

Give NP time, but not more than 6 months more. If he hasn't worked out a solution in that time, get Billy Davies in, who will I reckon.

I was simply meaning that there may have been some confusion about the potential of the Foxes when the club was purchased.there are at least 20 of us yo yo size clubs.Villa are much bigger and could with the right investment be top 6 consistently.Neither Hull ,Leicester Wolves or Stoke will ever command that volume of support imo

The forward line has promise, although, Waghorn on instead of Vassell? Strange.

Give NP time, but not more than 6 months more. If he hasn't worked out a solution in that time, get Billy Davies in, who will I reckon.

I agree. Waghorn still has a contract with us and Pearson had him here and at Hull so he knows what he's about. This was one of two opportunities to really get a sense of whether Vassell can offer us something next season and he decided not to take it. Mind boggling decision and goes along with the theory that Pearson has his favourites, wherever he goes.

Pearson needs the summer but if we're not in the top 6 by November, I'll expect him to be gone and I don't think he could complain either. If he were to go, Billy would be my shout too.

Last edited:
We seem to be the best team at passing the ball back to our goalkeeper! Not sure what the tactic is here!

I was simply meaning that there may have been some confusion about the potential of the Foxes when the club was purchased.there are at least 20 of us yo yo size clubs.Villa are much bigger and could with the right investment be top 6 consistently.Neither Hull ,Leicester Wolves or Stoke will ever command that volume of support imo

In the UK yes, in SE Asia no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670