Post Match Leicester 1 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One bit of quality in a dreadful 90 minutes.

We should cancel the last match as an apology for the previous three.

I don't think I have ever witnessed such a pathetic effort level from a leicester side. I'm disgusted with the application and Pearson turns around and says the application was good, NO ****ING CHANCE!!

Cold, miserable, no fight. Can't wait for the season to end.

Surprised to see some of the bad words against Drinkwater, thought he was one of our better players today, not that that's saying much. Thought Morgan was our best player overall and, Konchesky was by the far the worst of a very bad bunch, gave the ball away time and time again tonight, worst game I've ever seen him play for us.

Also, our defence looked much worse when SSL came on. Would be interested to see from the stattos our goals per game conceded when he's played and when he hasn't, I don't think it would paint him in a favourable light.

Last edited:
Cold, miserable, no fight. Can't wait for the season to end.

Surprised to see some of the bad words against Drinkwater, thought he was one of our better players today, not that that's saying much. Thought Morgan was our best player overall and, Konchesky was by the far the worst of a very bad bunch, gave the ball away time and time again tonight, worst game I've ever seen him play for us.

Also, our defence looked much worse when SSL came on. Would be interested to see from the stattos our goals per game conceded when he's played and when he hasn't, I don't think it would paint him in a favourable light.

One of our better players? no chance, he was woeful. Konchesky wasn't great but he wasn't the worst by a longshot. Peltier had a worse game, didn't even try to cut out the cross for their first goal. St Ledger wasn't that bad, managing to put that cross out for a corner was unbelievable defending, it had own goal written all over it.

Konchesky was far worse than Peltier, you'd be mistaken for thinking he was still playing for West Ham the amount of times he passed it straight back to them and West Ham were just having a field day down that left hand side. One of the worst individual performances I've seen by a Leicester player in a long time and this is coming from someone who I rate as one of our better players.

One thing that was obvious though - you looked at the shape of West Ham's defence whenever they were in our half and it was a flat back 4, then you looked at the shape our defence when we were pushing forward and it was some kind of random squiggly line with no sense of organisation to it whatsoever. God, how we miss Wayne Brown.

Last edited:
Konchesky and Nugent were both woeful. I don't think in the second half Konchesky made a single forward pass that found a teammate.

Kasper, Morgan, Marshall and Beckford did ok.

I agree. Waghorn still has a contract with us and Pearson had him here and at Hull so he knows what he's about. This was one of two opportunities to really get a sense of whether Vassell can offer us something next season and he decided not to take it. Mind boggling decision and goes along with the theory that Pearson has his favourites, wherever he goes.

Pearson needs the summer but if we're not in the top 6 by November, I'll expect him to be gone and I don't think he could complain either. If he were to go, Billy would be my shout too.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with this. If Pearson is here for the first match of next season, he should be here for the last. Changing managers mid term is not a good idea and rarely works for a team wanting more than a few point to avoid a relegation.

A decision must be made soon - and adhered to.

It would mean nothing. At least that's what we were told when we tried to use it to support Mills.

Konchesky was far worse than Peltier, you'd be mistaken for thinking he was still playing for West Ham the amount of times he passed it straight back to them and West Ham were just having a field day down that left hand side. One of the worst individual performances I've seen by a Leicester player in a long time and this is coming from someone who I rate as one of our better players.

One thing that was obvious though - you looked at the shape of West Ham's defence whenever they were in our half and it was a flat back 4, then you looked at the shape our defence when we were pushing forward and it was some kind of random squiggly line with no sense of organisation to it whatsoever. God, how we miss Wayne Brown.

I think the type of full back has a lot to do with it. With WB you could argue that we had a back four full of centre halves. The ones we have now are all very attack-minded. With better wingers, maybe NP will adopt the former approach next season.

Things change quickly in football. A few weeks ago I believed that some progress had been made under NP. I'm now fairly sure that there has been no progress at all. People don't want chopping & changing all the time and it tends to get nowhere - yet we surely know that unless there are major improvements at the KP then next season will be a repeat of the last two - all hype and no positive outcomes. Somehow i don't believe that the current squad is going to achieve much except further exhaust the finances. On balance i think NP stays and i8t's recognised that it's likely to take a couple of seasons to get things right.

Not a lot you can say really is there?

I thought Morgan was solid, Beckford did ok, Dyer was a threat initially and Marshall did ok in parts.

Nugent had a poor game today and Drinkwater was utterly hopeless in the first half. I think he improved as the game went on, but was never great. Konch started off ok, and then got progressively worse as the game went on for some reason.

The midfield was a real issue for me, even before Wellens and King had to go off. We really seem to miss the energy and leadership of Danns (who I don't think is an exceptional player).

Playing two attacking full backs with two wide men doesn't seem to work well either and we are very exposed on the counter attack.

I am not sure what the answer is - let's hope that Pearson and his team have some ideas!

In all fairness Bamba looked far more of a threat than Drinkwater and Drinkwater was absent in the first half too

He was the only player on the pitch who made the 2nd half worth watching.

Konchesky was far worse than Peltier

Sorry but I have to disagree Prof, I thought Pelts was a total disgrace last night, he was the main culprit for looking like he was already on a tropical beach somewhere. There were a few occasions in the 1st half when he was gently jogging up the pitch to overlap with Marshall, he could not have shown less effort if he'd have fallen asleep at the side of the pitch last night.

Pelts also never wanted the ball, he is scared of it in fact, he knows how to pass backwards to Kasper and sideways to the centre halfs, If you are not good enough you can at least try and make it up by looking like you want to be there like Konchesky did.

I thought Konch had an absolute mare last night, but I lost count of the times he was alone with two West Ham players on him with not one of our shoddy lot offering him a ball, he was positively fuming in the 2nd half at the lack of effort being displayed by the rest of the players, I think his passing way poor overall but he rarely had an option, he was at least giving his all when making runs up the pitch and especially when tracking back, I think it was simply an off day from Konch, not helped by the fact that everyone around him might as well have been on a long haul flight already, most of them looked like they had just stepped off one.

Well, my West Ham mates enjoyed watching him. I didn't, to be honest.

I'd given up caring, like most of the other Leicester players on the pitch. At least Bamba made forward runs with the ball rather then an adventurous pass back to Kasper or 23 sideways passes achieving the grand total of **** all.

Currently sat in a pub on the Manly corso, watching the Foxtel rerun of last night's match.

Lucky lucky me.

I think people are reading a little too much into a pointless end of season match, with nothing to play for.

If we had still been in with a chance of the play-offs I'm sure we would have seen a little more "umph" from the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669