Post Match Leicester 2 - 0 Bristol City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely an own goal, however, their player pushed Nugent out of the way to put it in his own net so justice done.

Comfortable victory without really getting out first gear.

Thought King and Morgan were both excellent.

edit: Oh and I said it before, but King and Drinkwater looking like a really good central midfield partnership, just seem to work together so well.

King looking so much more than the goal poaching attacking midfielder he was when he got in Championship team of the season now, some of his one-two today were just sublime, as were some of his defensive tackles, as was his assist for the second.

Last edited:
Good teams find a way of winning games without playing well..........we didnt play brilliantly but got the win. Now thats the mark of a good team.

Good teams find a way of winning games without playing well..........we didnt play brilliantly but got the win. Now thats the mark of a good team.

I wouldn't say we didn't play well, we just never got out of first gear because we didn't need too. We still dominated the game and always looked in control without being amazing.

Comfortable victory without really getting out first gear.

Thought King and Morgan were both excellent.

edit: Oh and I said it before, but King and Drinkwater looking like a really good central midfield partnership, just seem to work together so well.

King looking so much more than the goal poaching attacking midfielder he was when he got in Championship team of the season now, some of his one-two today were just sublime, as were some of his defensive tackles, as was his assist for the second.

All spot on. I thought Moore did a lot better after he got a knock. It seemed to make him have to think a bit more about what he was doing. Whitbread wasn't up to much.

Marshall is still well off form. Knockaert is a pleasure to watch. I also feel that Dyer and Vardy get in the way of us playing well rather than contribute to it. Nugent carried the front line excellently.

Great result against a team that has become one of our bogey sides of late. To come out with the win after making three injury enforced substitutions as well is testament to the squad spirit and the strength in depth we have. Let's hope they are not too serious injuries. The recent form will keep the owners onside. If we go through another rough patch they will know the ability is their and if Pearson needs to suplement the squad in January they will be more willing to back him up with the relevant funds on the back of good results.

A couple of the chasing pack dropped points today too so that's also great news.

Wonderfully controlled performance from start to finish

King and Drinkwater outstanding, Knocky and Captain Morgan a cut above.

Tired horribly towards the end, and the two week break will do us the world of good

The ten games are finally up, and people are now officially allowed to make a judgement. Let's hope the owners make a correct one

I mentioned this in the ex-players thread. There was a suspicion of handball :icon_bigg

Some matches ago on a previous thread an idiot claimed that we did not have a squad capable of putting in a real challenge for automatic promotion.
I apologise for misleading the forum.

Has Wes Morgan even had a game when he's even been average yet this season, let alone bad? He's been excellent in every single game I've seen him in so far.

Some matches ago on a previous thread an idiot claimed that we did not have a squad capable of putting in a real challenge for automatic promotion.

I still have my doubts about our squad as a whole. An injury here and there could leave us short but hopefully if we get any knocks to important players we'll use loan players and not rely on some below standard replacements.

Tbh, I didn't realise how good Morgan was when we signed him either. Always had him down as a pretty standard Championship blocker.

I imagine there were quite a few others who didn't realise how good he was before we signed him as well.

Last edited:

Your contrition is admirable and I wholeheartedly forgive you. Hug?

No

i am indeed a complete moron

:icon_lol:

Tbh, I didn't realise how good Morgan was when we signed him either. Always had him down as a pretty standard Championship blocker.

I imagine there were quite a few others who didn't realise how good he was before we signed him as well.

Agreed. Although I always thought that he was exactly what we needed - an experienced Championship defender who's big and physical. And used to defending by himself...

We've got the makings of a really good team, although there are still question marks over some players/positions. But I guess that's why we're in this league.

:icon_lol:

Agreed. Although I always thought that he was exactly what we needed - an experienced Championship defender who's big and physical. And used to defending by himself...

We've got the makings of a really good team, although there are still question marks over some players/positions. But I guess that's why we're in this league.

Who would you say is still to prove the critics wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669