Post Match Leicester 2-0 Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmeichel - 7. Good penalty save. Didn't have too much to do. Distribution was excellent.
Peltier - 6. Still think that he is suspect defensively in a Glen Johnson sort of way.
St Ledger - 8. Man of the match. Calm and reassuring at the back. Should have scored with the chances he had.
Morgan - 7. When he joined, I must admit he was a bit of a donkey. However, he has performed well to date - all credit to him. Unlucky with the penalty.
Konchesky - 6. Same comments as Peltier regarding his defensive abilities. Tries hard. I didn't get a clear view of what he did to merit a sending off, so I will have to reserve judgement for the time being.
Marshall - 5. Disappointing. I am sure he will improve in time, but I think we should have started with Drinkwater.
Wellens - 6. Not sure why he was Alan Young's man of the match. Didn't think he was particularly impressive today.
Danns - 5. Poor penalty. Didn't see a tremendous amount of commitment.
Dyer - 6. Some useful runs, but nothing to write home about
Nugent -7. Useful, hard work rewarded with a goal
Beckford-7. Same as Nugent. Didn't really get the service that he would thrive on.

Howard - 3. What is the point of bringing him on?
Schlupp - 4. No real impact on the game.
Drinkwater -6. I think this guy is a good player with good technique. Need to see him in the starting eleven.

We should have been at least 3-0 up by half time. Coventry are a very poor team. We should put them away quite easily, but it became a bit of a struggle. I have seen Bristol City play recently and they are
just as bad (Ryan McGivern is their left back and he is utterly useless - lets make sure that Dyer is playing down the right as he should have a field day), so if we are thinking of play offs they will need to be
put to the sword.

Given Koncheskys sending off, which I don't think will be appealed, who is going to play in this position?

While waiting for the away fans to come out there were a large number of Leicester fans facing contorted with hate chanting at the gates the Coventry fans would come out from. These people do the future of football no good.

"These people" have attended games throughout the entire history of the sport, and have often been in the majority. Football seems to have held up pretty well so far, so I don't think the future of football is in much danger. Certainly not from that quarter at least.

There is a tendency for fans to complain about isolated instances with the stewards or even the police. Perhaps we Leicester supporters should complain more about the unpleasant people within our own ranks.

I think you're preaching to the converted on this forum, David, but who do you suggest complaining to?

Hasn't Schlupp played left back before? It will be Kennedy though, obviously.

Schlupp certainly seemed to fall back into that role today (although he still pushed forward) after Konch's dismissal.

Schlupp did not drop back into the left back position, Dyer did and Schlupp played in front of him.

Coventry were terrible today. Not quite as bad as Watford were when they came to Leicester but awful nonetheless. I thought we looked pretty comfortable in the first half after a bit of a shaky start. We could easily have gone in 4-0 up at half time without having played brilliantly. We were terrible in the second half until we scored again. We were sat so deep until that point as to make an equaliser seem inevitable. If we were playing anyone decent we could well have found ourselves behind by the time Beckford put the ball in the net. Fortunately Coventry seemed to give up after we extended the lead and we weren't really troubled at any time afterwards.

If we win on Tuesday night then next two games against sides in the promotion mix become very important indeed. Seven wins from ten is lovely stuff and we shouldn't fear anybody at the moment. The pressure is off and Pearson is moulding a capable outfit. It's a bit too late for this season in all likelihood, but I think the future looks promising.

EDIT: Why was Konchesky sent off? It looked very soft to me but perhaps my view wasn't the best.

Last edited:
3 points as predicted.Should get next 3.Then traffic....lots and lots of traffic.NP will be manager of season if u make play offs.FA cup winners and play off contenders and NP for England manager-and believe me he will go.Mind you phil brown fancied the England job!
Jimmy Bullard is available

Get in - always good to find out Leicester have won when one has the mother of all hangovers.

Can anyone give more info on Konchesky's red? I saw it briefly on The Football League show and didn't see what it was for and they never replayed it.

From where I was sitting it looked like Konch kicked the cov player in the chest with his studs up.

He crunched the Cov players bollocks with a swinging boot. Dangerous play I imagine. Years ago he probably wouldnt have even been booked but in todays climate it gets a red card. Kennedy is an able replacement so with a squad being essential this month everyone in it must play a part and be ready and willing to give their all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570